The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

15 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Oh, this is good. :D

What I based a lot of Emiko's time travel on was a fascinating lecture I saw on BBC by Brian Cox on the "Science" of Dr. Who, in which he explained quite clearly why going backwards in time is theoretically impossible... And this lecture is what lead me to write why Emiko's brain is so scrambled... It's impossible by the known laws of physics, but the ET's still did it somehow...

Anyway, here's an excerpt from that lecture. I wish I could find the whole thing, because it's quite good, and very much on-topic as well.

Oh, and having the quote "Jim really is a time-traveler" in the lecture is just a huge gob of icing on the cake... hehehehe

Now I just need to think of a subtle way to ask Jim if he likes the show...

On 7/3/2018 at 8:49 PM, Just Jim said:

Yeah, it's been brought up many times, and would be really fun. But it would take a serious amount of work, and quite probably more than one animator... I doubt @SQUAD could afford it, even if they were so inclined.

But it's really fun to think about... 

Well, it wouldn't take more time then about 7 all-animation Project Odyssey episodes... and maybe 4 years  :P 

You'd just need:

All Emiko mods

KerbCam

KASu

Someone with Bob Fitch's patience

A narrator

A good editing program (unlike iMovie)

Someone smart

Voice actors

Other stuff

Edited by HansonKerman

1 hour ago, HansonKerman said:

Well, it wouldn't take more time then about 7 all-animation Project Odyssey episodes... and maybe 4 years  :P 

You'd just need:

All Emiko mods

KerbCam

KASu

Someone with Bob Fitch's patience

A narrator

A good editing program (unlike iMovie)

Other stuff

Yeah, so as long as you have someone smart heading up the project and some okay voice actors, it would be great. It actually doesn’t seem like a much larger project than Just Jim has writing this because all the story and events are already laid out.

4 hours ago, HansonKerman said:

... and maybe 4 years

Bingo! That's the big problem, time!

I have some animation experience. I think I mentioned this already... getting a little Deja Vu action... but this is something I made a few years ago called "The City of Gold and Lead" based on the novel of the same name, by John Christopher (HIGHLY recommended reading)

Jr5Xmki.jpg

This was in a program called Lightwave, and is all sorts of fun, but mindbogglingly time consuming. And between writing Emiko, and the project I can't talk about, I just don't have time to even consider animating right now. 

6 hours ago, HeronRocketry said:

Yeah, so as long as you have someone smart heading up the project and some okay voice actors, it would be great. It actually doesn’t seem like a much larger project than Just Jim has writing this because all the story and events are already laid out.

I'm a good singer.

No, seriously.

Edited by HansonKerman

3 hours ago, HansonKerman said:

I'm a good singer.

No, seriously.

OK, so now we have Emiko Station... The Musical???

Awesome! Yes!!!  hehehe  :D

Just as long as it's better than...

Planet of the Apes... the Musical!!!

(yeah, i am really, really sorry... not... lmao....)

Edited by Just Jim

23 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Bingo! That's the big problem, time!

I have some animation experience. I think I mentioned this already... getting a little Deja Vu action... but this is something I made a few years ago called "The City of Gold and Lead" based on the novel of the same name, by John Christopher (HIGHLY recommended reading)

Jr5Xmki.jpg

This was in a program called Lightwave, and is all sorts of fun, but mindbogglingly time consuming. And between writing Emiko, and the project I can't talk about, I just don't have time to even consider animating right now. 

Man, I think I have a copy of that in my collection. that was a GREAT series. It's a bit young now, but I loved it!

4 hours ago, Thedrelle said:

Man, I think I have a copy of that in my collection. that was a GREAT series. It's a bit young now, but I loved it!

Yeah, the "White Mountain" trilogy is in the "Young adult" category.

But this was one of the very first trilogies I ever read when I was a kid... ya can't tell, can ya???  lmao.... :rolleyes:

On 7/5/2018 at 8:32 PM, Just Jim said:

OK, so now we have Emiko Station... The Musical???

... but I'm not good at writing songs.

Ahem.

La la laaaaa

The world is cooooming to an end!

(to an end, to an end)

We better put a paper bag over our heads!

(a paaaaaper bag!)

See? 

Plus, the only good Kerbal voices I can do are in backwards English.

My voice is too high, and the iMovie sound filters just only work for girl Kerbals.

Edited by HansonKerman
Mistyped high as low

2 minutes ago, HansonKerman said:

Plus, the only good Kerbal voices I can do are in backwards English.

My voice is too low, and the iMovie sound filters just only work for girl Kerbals.

have you ever heard of a youtube series called Extra Credits?  Their narrator(Daniel Floyd) has his voice pitch-shifted to be higher for reasons I dont want to explain here. You may find the technique useful though.

8 minutes ago, HansonKerman said:

I know that, I can do that, but my voice is just too high to work with iMovie's voice-shift-up-filter.

Earlier you said it was too low. is your voice too low for comfort but too high for iMovie?

1 minute ago, DeltaDizzy said:

Earlier you said it was too low. is your voice too low for comfort but too high for iMovie?

Oh, oops! Mistyped, I guess.

To high for iMovie. I'm perfectly happy with my voice, thank you very much.

21 hours ago, HansonKerman said:

I know that, I can do that, but my voice is just too high to work with iMovie's voice-shift-up-filter.

21 hours ago, DeltaDizzy said:

21 hours ago, HansonKerman said:

Oh, oops! Mistyped, I guess.

To high for iMovie. I'm perfectly happy with my voice, thank you very much.

Well... if we're going to do this... then I already have the perfect gizmo. It's called a tc helicon voicelive touch voice processor, and it can do about a ga-zillion voice effects. 

I haven't used it in a while, but I bought it way back when to do flute effects... and it could easily do kerbal voices.

here's a demo video... I know we'll never be able to actually do this, but it's fun to dream, so I suppose it isn't totally off-topic... lol...

Wait, what?! It was just a joke! I only talked about it because @DeltaDizzy brought it up! I could try a YouTube synopsis once Emiko Station is done, though! Thanks for the tip, though. I’d just have to check in with my parents. iMovie takes up a whole lot of space on my bad Mac, and I can’t post anything more than 15 minutes long. But the TC Voice Processer might work!

Just have to wait till Emiko closes.

This might be a problem... :P 

Edited by HansonKerman

1 hour ago, HansonKerman said:

Wait, what?! It was just a joke! I only talked about it because @DeltaDizzy brought it up! I could try a YouTube synopsis once Emiko Station is done, though! Thanks for the tip, though. I’d just have to check in with my parents. iMovie takes up a whole lot of space on my bad Mac, and I can’t post anything more than 15 minutes long. But the TC Voice Processer might work!

This might be a problem... :P 

Yeah... I know... and so was I... sort of. I can't deny it would be a dream come true to see Emiko published, or made into a video series or movie. But I'm realistic enough to know it's not going to happen . @SQUAD doesn't have that kind of money, and KSP just isn't a big enough, mainstream kind of game to make it profitable.

But having said that, it's fun to play around with the idea, and who we'd get to do the voices and all that. And if I ever did hook up with an animator who wanted to do something... well.. I have the voice processor... lmao...

OK... back on-topic... I'm playing with a new prototype...

The Grand Kerb-Jet...

(spoiler-teaser)

Spoiler

COLhm5u.png

3 hours ago, HansonKerman said:

Ooh, that Jet looks high-tech!

Thanks. It's a sort of hybrid cross between my Diamondback SSTO and Raptor landers. And I'm really surprised how well it's doing so far. I still need to fine-tune it, and maybe add a couple flaps, but for the most part it's already a very stable flyer in both lower and upper atmospheres.

And I think it looks pretty cool!  :cool:

21 hours ago, Just Jim said:

The Grand Kerb-Jet...

Oh no... What is Samantha spending the kountry's kerbucks on now? (I assume it is for the grand kerbal, or at least the acting grand kerbal, because it is called the grand kerb-jet)

22 hours ago, HansonKerman said:

I'm pretty sure that that won't happen any time soon.

Edited by TeslaPenguin1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.