The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 5:49 PM, Choctofliatrio2.0 said:

It's ok. Hope whatever is happening gets resolved :)

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 7:07 PM, Geschosskopf said:

Well, I hope it's not something bad happening to anything or anybody you care about, but that it pays double overtime.

It's OK, I just something have something I have to take care of... RL kind of stuff.

I'll be back next week, promise.

I feel guilty for avoding this post, well... Actually, I've been avoiding the whole forums mainly because of this post. Don't get me wrong, this story is amazing, I've just been focusing more on school and real life so I've been resisting the urge to return here. The fact that you see this post means I couldn't hold it anymore, screw my grades, im getting back to KSP.

Anyways, loving the direction the story is taking and I'm having a bit of trouble understanding it so I'm going to have to read the few chapters again until I get it. Also congrats on the TOTM thing, was a bit surprised to not find it at the bottom of the list but instead at the top. Definitely staying on the forums a bit longer now because of this amazing piece of writing.

Oh wow,  take off a couple days, and look what y'all went and did!  hehe  :D

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 4:28 PM, sal_vager said:

@Just Jim, you're pinned for this months TOTM :D

Thank you!  :D

23 hours ago, Kuzzter said:

TOTM! Yeah Jim! Whoo! What a love-fest you'll return to when you get back to the thread, congrats! :D 

Only a couple more days, promise!

21 hours ago, Geschosskopf said:

Congrats on the TOTM!

19 hours ago, KSK said:

Great news - grats Jim!

A well deserved sticky if ever there was one!

Thank you!!! 

15 hours ago, Greenhornet553 said:

I feel guilty for avoding this post, well... Actually, I've been avoiding the whole forums mainly because of this post. Don't get me wrong, this story is amazing, I've just been focusing more on school and real life so I've been resisting the urge to return here. The fact that you see this post means I couldn't hold it anymore, screw my grades, im getting back to KSP.

Anyways, loving the direction the story is taking and I'm having a bit of trouble understanding it so I'm going to have to read the few chapters again until I get it. Also congrats on the TOTM thing, was a bit surprised to not find it at the bottom of the list but instead at the top. Definitely staying on the forums a bit longer now because of this amazing piece of writing.

Oh, wow... I'm flattered... but I also have to say no slacking on your school just for my story!!   Definitely school first... I'm not going anywhere.   :wink:

1 hour ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

I believe @Just Jim might be prepping a special chapter in lieu of TOTM.

It looks like I'm going to have to now...  :wink:

That's cool.  Having a few days off gave me time to let my mind wander and come up with a couple new twists.

I'll be done with stupid reality by this weekend, promise.  Then I can get back to my Kerbal-verse!   :cool:

No worries about the lack of dramatic tension this chapter....It makes a great interlude watching Kerbals do what they do best! Great to see the kids already trusted with helping raze the old tower, showing them doing what KIDS do best! Besides being too cute for words.....! :)  Congratulations on TOTM!  :D

@Just Jim, Excellent job on this story!

Not gonna go back to quote you, but you said [much] earlier on this thread that no one could reproduce this story because Squad owns KSP. I say you should have SQUAD publish it and pay you royalties!

Can't wait for the next chapter!

-Jeb!

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 6:49 AM, Crystal_Mace said:

No worries about the lack of dramatic tension this chapter....It makes a great interlude watching Kerbals do what they do best! Great to see the kids already trusted with helping raze the old tower, showing them doing what KIDS do best! Besides being too cute for words.....! :)  Congratulations on TOTM!  :D

Really?  I'm not going to lie, after I went back and read it, I thought my last chapter was kind of...well,  blehhhhh.  The station itself looks amazing (I think...lol), but the rest of it kind of fell flat.  IMO, I need to crank up the tension.

12 hours ago, Jeb! said:

@Just Jim, Excellent job on this story!

Not gonna go back to quote you, but you said [much] earlier on this thread that no one could reproduce this story because Squad owns KSP. I say you should have SQUAD publish it and pay you royalties!

Can't wait for the next chapter!

-Jeb!

Thank you! 

As for Squad publishing it and paying me... well, when they become a multi-million dollar company, I'll start looking for my royalty checks...  :wink:

1 hour ago, Just Jim said:

As for Squad publishing it and paying me... well, when they become a multi-million dollar company, I'll start looking for my royalty checks...  :wink:

Well, (one), they are a multi-million dollar company-- and (two), since we're all writing fiction using characters, images and situations to which SQUAD holds the rights--nope, no checks. Not even 'early access' :(

However, I once heard about a fanfic on a forum for the Twilight books, and the author changed the names and made the characters humans instead of werebears and sparkly vampires or whatever, and published a book, which based on the title I assume had to do with an unexpectedly broad range of monochromatic paint options. So, you could always go that route :) 

8 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

Well, (one), they are a multi-million dollar company-- and (two), since we're all writing fiction using characters, images and situations to which SQUAD holds the rights--nope, no checks. Not even 'early access' :(

However, I once heard about a fanfic on a forum for the Twilight books, and the author changed the names and made the characters humans instead of werebears and sparkly vampires or whatever, and published a book, which based on the title I assume had to do with an unexpectedly broad range of monochromatic paint options. So, you could always go that route :) 

I was just kidding!!!   :sticktongue:

TOTM! Wooot! I have officially decided on naming my first E-Asteroid Capture Emiko, but design plans are on hold until I sort out screen replacement with dell :D

19 hours ago, Draconiator said:

Yo Just!  you make better UFOs than I do lol, no seriously look:
https://gyazo.com/ec5a22a842512621e99f661bbc689568

some kind of probe.  Loving the story!  Keep goin'!

I like it!  hehehe

7 hours ago, Andem said:

TOTM! Wooot! I have officially decided on naming my first E-Asteroid Capture Emiko, but design plans are on hold until I sort out screen replacement with dell :D

Ahhhhhh, but after all this.... 20,000+ views and TOTM... No-one has thought to ask, or try to find out, just who Emiko really was!

It's the one shout-out I did that no-one has gotten yet....  :huh:

Edited by Just Jim

12 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Ahhhhhh, but after all this.... 20,000+ views and TOTM... No-one has thought to ask, or try to find out, just who Emiko really was!

Actually, I did some research. Mainly because the name "Emiko" peaked my interest as it was the name of an active member on a graphic design forum I frequently visit. Figuring it wouldn't be that Emiko I googled it, but I didn't get any further than a Japanese singer. You claimed it was named after your grandmother though, if I'm not mistaken...

From Wiki: Personally, I think it's the retired badminton player.

People[edit]

Fictional characters[edit]

• Emiko Niwa (丹羽 笑子), a fictional character from the Japanese manga series D.N.Angel
  • Emiko Yamane (山根 恵美子), a character in the 1954 film Godzilla
  • Emiko, a main character in the science fiction novel The Windup Girl

13 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

From Wiki: Personally, I think it's the retired badminton player.

People[edit]

Fictional characters[edit]

• Emiko Niwa (丹羽 笑子), a fictional character from the Japanese manga series D.N.Angel
  • Emiko Yamane (山根 恵美子), a character in the 1954 film Godzilla
  • Emiko, a main character in the science fiction novel The Windup Girl

Nope.... not the badminton player, but the correct one is listed in that!

Think carefully about me, how I write, and build ships... it's a hard one, but I think the clues are there.

16 minutes ago, Kerbart said:

Actually, I did some research. Mainly because the name "Emiko" peaked my interest as it was the name of an active member on a graphic design forum I frequently visit. Figuring it wouldn't be that Emiko I googled it, but I didn't get any further than a Japanese singer. You claimed it was named after your grandmother though, if I'm not mistaken...

Close... I said it was named for Val's grandmother, who claimed to have actually seen a live Kraken when she was young... 

Hint: this is a clue to it happening many years ago.....

Edited by Just Jim

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.