The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

6 hours ago, Just Jim said:

But last night, I saw some amazing Transformer explosions. Huge, huge blue flashes like lightning all around us. This was around midnight, when the winds had really picked up.

Michael Bay was in Florida?

Just now, Just Jim said:

That would be so cool. I could pick his brain while we wait for the power to come back on.

The sad reality is that he should be picking your brain to learn how to tell stories. Stories are more than car chases and explosions. Unless it's a story about car chases and explosions. Michael Bay has told that story way too many times in film. 

6 hours ago, Torgo said:

The sad reality is that he should be picking your brain to learn how to tell stories. Stories are more than car chases and explosions. Unless it's a story about car chases and explosions. Michael Bay has told that story way too many times in film. 

Then I recommend u start watching the TV-series "The last ship". It's also directed by MB but very, VERY well done IMO.

I'm watching almost every episode pretty much as soon as it airs, awaiting every new one just as eagerly, if not even more (sorry, Jim) than new chapters of Emiko Station.

Well, the sun is up, but no power yet. Hopefully sometime today.

10 hours ago, Torgo said:

Wow, thank you!

3 hours ago, DualDesertEagle said:

Then I recommend u start watching the TV-series "The last ship". It's also directed by MB but very, VERY well done IMO.

I'm watching almost every episode pretty much as soon as it airs, awaiting every new one just as eagerly, if not even more (sorry, Jim) than new chapters of Emiko Station.

I'll look for it, if we ever get our power back.

And don't be sorry, there are lots of shows better than Emiko... Well, maybe one or two... Lol :D

25 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

You live in hurricane country but don't have a gennie? :blink:

Gasoline doesn't grow on trees, and it's not so easy to store either. (Especially with all this ethanol mixed in.) And as these last two storms have shown, fuel is hard to find immediately before the storm hits. And like any small motor engine, generators also need regular maintenance. Some of these "hurricane country" places go a decade between major storms.

I thought about buying a generator after Ike, especially since one of my teammates was without electric for two months, but ultimately decided to pass. I bought lots of emergency backup batteries instead - and I can use some of those when I'm out hiking.

Edited by Cydonian Monk
Edit: Motor, engine, I ain't awake yet.

28 minutes ago, Cydonian Monk said:

Gasoline doesn't grow on trees, and it's not so easy to store either. (Especially with all this ethanol mixed in.) And as these last two storms have shown, fuel is hard to find immediately before the storm hits. And like any small motor engine, generators also need regular maintenance. Some of these "hurricane country" places go a decade between major storms.

I thought about buying a generator after Ike, especially since one of my teammates was without electric for two months, but ultimately decided to pass. I bought lots of emergency backup batteries instead - and I can use some of those when I'm out hiking.

I'd recommend a solar-powered generator. I've seen a few commercials for something similar which like stores solar power, and turns on when the power shuts off, or something to that effect.. I'll have to see it again to give a perfect example though

4 minutes ago, DarkOwl57 said:

I'd recommend a solar-powered generator. I've seen a few commercials for something similar which like stores solar power, and turns on when the power shuts off, or something to that effect.. I'll have to see it again to give a perfect example though

Solar power. During a major storm, when the sun is behind dense clouds for days at a time. The batteries on that thing must be quite impressive.

We have a generator, but it's in Daytona at my brothers house... At least they have power

25 minutes ago, IncongruousGoat said:

Solar power. During a major storm, when the sun is behind dense clouds for days at a time. The batteries on that thing must be quite impressive.

Wind would shred one in a few seconds

Big problem now is it's SO hot! I need a shower so bad!!!

You had to eat Subway? 

My heart (and stomach and taste buds) aches for you. The devastation wrought by this storm is just too much to bear. 

We need to get you some real food, pronto. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.