The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

On 12/28/2017 at 9:19 AM, Pretorian28715 said:

@Just Jim if you remember a long, long time ago.... (Not even sure when either, possible back around chapter 30-40ish)

You mentioned the possibility of sharing the Craft files, is this still a possibility?

If so, I would recommend a KerbalX Hanger; and I'm sure I'm not the only person that would be interested.

Ooh! I second the motion!

EDIT: Yep, I'm pretty far behind on reading posts.

Edited by VelocityPolaris

On 5/10/2018 at 9:33 PM, VelocityPolaris said:

EDIT: Yep, I'm pretty far behind on reading posts.

Yes. Me too. I also post criticism before I've read the whole story. Ahem: 

You forgot Gamma-77...

-Hanson Kerman, the less-than-14-year-old dummy

Edited by HansonKerman

On 5/11/2018 at 7:28 AM, Ho Lam Kerman said:

I'm LOVING it, to say the least! I'm on Chapter 74, Page 120.

18 hours ago, superstrijder15 said:

Finally, I have made it to the end! Wow, not reading the forum for a month or 3 sure creates a lot of work...

I'm so glad you're liking it so far... :cool:

On 5/10/2018 at 9:33 PM, VelocityPolaris said:

Idk... maybe??? There was a time I really didn't want to give everything away, but things change... so let me think about it.

But honestly, I'm not sure it even matters anymore... you guys are making some really good reproductions of your own.... which is really cool.

11 hours ago, Just Jim said:

I'm so glad you're liking it so far... :cool:

Idk... maybe??? There was a time I really didn't want to give everything away, but things change... so let me think about it.

But honestly, I'm not sure it even matters anymore... you guys are making some really good reproductions of your own.... which is really cool.

These replicas are snack-draining work!

2 minutes ago, HansonKerman said:

I'm trying, man! I'm... less than college age... um... Oh, there's KSP! One min...

As am I, though I wont say by how much. Just look at what you see, and try to make it yourself. If necessary, think as the Jim most likely thought.

On 5/6/2018 at 3:53 PM, HansonKerman said:

Alpha-Delta-77 Rocket-powered Explorer 2 (Easy-Medium) Thompberry Kerman
Done!      

!AbyhObK.png

The battery lights are black because of the Indicator Lights mod.

There is a blue glow because of the Planet Shine mod.

I also couldn't get the red glow because in the screenshots, there was no discernible music source light sourse. (I know that the mod was probably Surface-Mounted Stockalike Lights, though. )

And I did it in about... 10 minutes!

On 5/9/2018 at 10:50 AM, Zhetaan said:

Also flute, but I couldn't help but notice the very sneaky means by which you ensured that your video was on-topic.

A "tangent".

A tangent means something that is very slightly touching the topic. It is represented by a circle, with a line just barely touching it.

-Paraphrasing of my teachers explanation of a "tangent", which for no reason I will give any background info about (e.g. my teachers name, my grade, who prompted the explanation...)

Edited by HansonKerman

45 minutes ago, HansonKerman said:

(I know that the mod was probably Surface-Mounted Stockalike Lights, though. )

Stock. (However, in the replica of it I just made, it does use that mod, because Jim uses it)

screenshot37.png

7 hours ago, roboslacker said:

I think there should be an Emiko replica thread in the spacecraft exchange.

5 hours ago, Mrcarrot said:

Perhaps...

Hmmm... ya know, this may be an interesting idea... but not just for my ships.

There are a lot of good stories and writers here, so I'm thinking more like a sub-forum in the spacecraft exchange for any and all fan-fiction ships, whether they be the real thing, or fan-made reproductions. 

I don't know if enough people would be interested, and before anything, this is something @Darth Badie would have to approve. But if enough writers wanted to share their ships, or don't mind players making and posting reproductions, then maybe something like this could catch on.

Edited by Just Jim

9 hours ago, HeronRocketry said:

Maybe we just need a challenge for building Emiko Replicas? We could have badges and everything.

Yes. I would make them using Scratch, but I'm sure there are better digital art programs out there. Someone who is good with digital art would make the badges, then,

7 hours ago, roboslacker said:

I think there should be an Emiko replica thread in the spacecraft exchange.

we post the replicas in the thread, then...

1 minute ago, Just Jim said:

Hmmm... ya know, this may be an interesting idea... but not just for my ships.

There are a lot of good stories and writers here, so I'm thinking more like a sub-forum in the spacecraft exchange for any and all fan-fiction ships, whether they be the real thing, or fan-made reproductions. 

I don't know if enough people would be interested, and before anything, this is something @Darth Badie would have to approve. But if enough writers wanted to share their ships, or don't mind players making and posting reproductions, then maybe something like this could catch on.

Ooo, hmm...

19 hours ago, Mrcarrot said:

Stock. (However, in the replica of it I just made, it does use that mod, because Jim uses it)

screenshot37.png

Nice, although I thought the Communotrons were actually  on the Hardpoints.

40 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Hmmm....

Hey, I think I'll spend the next six months of my life duplicating @Kuzzter's KSS Intrepid, with all its probes and a complete air wing!

...said no one, ever :P 

Edited by Kuzzter

Just now, Kuzzter said:

Hmmm....

I didn't think anyone would want to reproduce mine either, but these guys seem to be having all sots of fun trying to rebuild my ships...

Just wait, someone will eventually try and tackle the KSS Intrepid!

2 minutes ago, Mrcarrot said:

Now that you mention it...

Here we go again...

2 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

I didn't think anyone would want to reproduce mine either, but these guys seem to be having all sots of fun trying to rebuild my ships...

Just wait, someone will eventually try and tackle the KSS Intrepid!

wink wink nudge nudge

Edited by DeltaDizzy

3 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

At least they read yours... you've got a lot of loyal fans who love reading yours and even imitating your characters in their own works. I've read more than a few Kerbfleet knock-offs on the sub-forum... :D

OK, back to other stuff... the side-project we can't talk about still goes strong, along with a couple R/L things, so I'm thinking I'm not going to spend a month trying to put together a long chapter in my spare time, and instead try and use what I already have in screenshots and do one this weekend. It won't be a long as I planned, but I think I have a great way to end it... and it won't take forever to get finished. ;)

5 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

OK, back to other stuff... the side-project we can't talk about still goes strong, along with a couple R/L things, so I'm thinking I'm not going to spend a month trying to put together a long chapter in my spare time, and instead try and use what I already have in screenshots and do one this weekend. It won't be a long as I planned, but I think I have a great way to end it... and it won't take forever to get finished. ;)

insert half a loaf saying here

1 hour ago, adsii1970 said:

At least they read yours... you've got a lot of loyal fans who love reading yours and even imitating your characters in their own works. I've read more than a few Kerbfleet knock-offs on the sub-forum... :D

Oh no, it's not that I don't think people read my stuff--they do, and I'm really grateful for it. It's that the ship (and boats) were such an absolute beast to design, test, build, fly, assemble in orbit, debug through subsequent KSP versions, etc, etc, that I wouldn't expect anyone else to voluntarily go through it!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.