The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

• 3 weeks later...

I need to post an update... I'm not sure if I can do a 1.5 version or not. I'm so sorry, but I worked on it over the holiday break, and the more I write, the more I hate it. It just doesn't feel right. I need to re-think this.  

4 hours ago, Just Jim said:

I need to post an update... I'm not sure if I can do a 1.5 version or not. I'm so sorry, but I worked on it over the holiday break, and the more I write, the more I hate it. It just doesn't feel right. I need to re-think this.  

We are not going to make you do a 1.5 if it doesn't make you happy. If you hate the storyline, and whatever your problem is with it, its fine. We can survive without a 1.5 version. Will it be a bad thing, to wait 2 years with no good read? Maybe, but I'm reading Jules Verne's 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea, or rather about to start it. Will you have troule with the storyline sometimes, yeah, definitely. Take your time, and if you want to, call it off.  

On 12/18/2020 at 6:33 PM, Just Jim said:

As for whether that is Thompberry... well, it looks like him... only older... so very much older... curious, huh???  

I just re-read this, and I don't like what you are saying here. It's worrying me.... Also, what was with Piper being nicer to Thompberry towards the end of the orginal saga. I know that Piper is not one to turn on her friends, but maybe.... And, since he's older, maybe some time has past, and that makes me think that Emiko and older cast members must've poofed or gone to a retirement home. Which changes the storyline a lot.... But is a good thing some times, maybe Gem and her brother are more promienent in the new story.... I have so many theories and questions, I don't wanna stop rambling about them.....

22 hours ago, obney kerman said:

Take whatever time you need!

20 hours ago, Mikenike said:

We are not going to make you do a 1.5 if it doesn't make you happy. If you hate the storyline, and whatever your problem is with it, its fine. We can survive without a 1.5 version.

20 hours ago, Mikenike said:

since he's older, maybe some time has past, and that makes me think that Emiko and older cast members must've poofed or gone to a retirement home. Which changes the storyline a lot.... But is a good thing some times, maybe Gem and her brother are more promienent in the new story.

Concur

• 2 weeks later...

@Just Jim, so, not trying to poke you or nothing, hows it coming? Have you decided to do a 1.5 or not, I think I speak for the community and we  are waiting. Waiting like a bear in hibernation, just waiting to come back, waiting to read your amazing stories of your brave Kerbals.

4 hours ago, KerballingSmasher said:

And to poke the sleeping bear, I mean author

No, we are analagus to the sleeping bear my dear friend, for we are awaiting something much greater than just simply the words of a great author. For we await the great author's next masterpiece. Their next Mona Lisa, their next big painting, a pure work of art. 

Just Jim is merely an artist. A fantastic artist, capable of weaving romance, horror, joy, suspense, laughter, and calmness into his works, one that can show how truly amazing something can be. He opens our eyes to what he and others can do, with enough inspiration. Picasso, Michaelangelo, Titian, Da Vinci, Donatello, they all shared one thing in common, a vision, a dream. Just like Jim here does, he has a vision in his head of what he wants to see us, how we react, how we feel, and he weaves all that stuff into his story..... He is a true great. @Just Jim is one who captivates like no other author, he draws you in like no other author, he excites like no other author, he scares like no other author.... Not simply because he is no other author, but because he himself is different from all others.

Edited by Mikenike
CAUSE I WANTED TO

On 1/21/2021 at 12:18 PM, Mikenike said:

No, we are analagus to the sleeping bear my dear friend, for we are awaiting something much greater than just simply the words of a great author. For we await the great author's next masterpiece. Their next Mona Lisa, their next big painting, a pure work of art. 

...I was not expecting something so philosophical on the KSP forums and I am pleasantly surprised.

Just Jim is merely an artist. A fantastic artist, capable of weaving romance, horror, joy, suspense, laughter, and calmness into his works, one that can show how truly amazing something can be. He opens our eyes to what he and others can do, with enough inspiration. Picasso, Michaelangelo, Titian, Da Vinci, Donatello, they all shared one thing in common, a vision, a dream. Just like Jim here does, he has a vision in his head of what he wants to see us, how we react, how we feel, and he weaves all that stuff into his story..... He is a true great. @Just Jim is one who captivates like no other author, he draws you in like no other author, he excites like no other author, he scares like no other author.... Not simply because he is no other author, but because he himself is different from all others.

I enjoy this particular block of text.

Edited by Dirkidirk

On 1/23/2021 at 9:28 AM, KerballingSmasher said:

...I was not expecting something so philosophical on the KSP forums and I am pleasantly surprised.

Well, I was feeling philosophical that day, and wanted to improve my style of writing some.

On 1/23/2021 at 12:55 PM, Dirkidirk said:

I enjoy this particular block of text.

I enjoy this particular quote of text.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow... I think I'm having a bit of a "Vincent and the Doctor" moment... thank you!  I don't really know what to say  :cry:

On 2/15/2021 at 7:08 PM, Just Jim said:

Wow... I think I'm having a bit of a "Vincent and the Doctor" moment... thank you!  I don't really know what to say  :cry:

Have it.... It was worth it for such an astounding author such as you.

But @Just Jim when are we gonna get leaks for 1.5?

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, OrdinaryKerman said:

He is still very much alive, probably doing life stuff, or trying to replicate 1.11.2 bug reports or bugtesting 1.11.3 or 1.12 or something.

Yeah, I'm alive... and you know I can't talk about work... but you're more or less on target... lol    ;)

On 3/27/2021 at 11:42 AM, Barzon said:

whaaat when did you become part of the KSP team?

You've been on here for about 3 years now and have posted well over a thousand times, and you never once noticed that??? I just want to know because that's kinda astounding....

I was about to say that Jim hasn't been a KSP team member that long, but...

On 3/27/2021 at 12:04 PM, Just Jim said:

About 2 1/2 years ago... more or less... since version 1.5 

"It's weird how I'm constantly surprised by the passage of time when it's literally the most predictable thing in the universe." -Randall Munroe

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2021 at 11:33 AM, obney kerman said:

It's weird how I'm constantly surprised by the passage of time when it's literally the most predictable thing in the universe." -Randall Munroe

It's been a wild journey. MH370 incident was 7 years ago, and it felt like it happened in '16

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.