The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

OK.... so far so good.  The Table of Contents is finished, I hope.... lol.
This is going to make it so much easier for people to go from chapter to chapter and skip all the comments in between if they wish.

I just ran thru it and I think all the links are correct.  please fell free to test it out.
And if anyone finds a link that doesn't work, or goes to the wrong chapter, please let me know either on here or PM me ASAP so I can correct it, OK?

Oh, and I slid chapter one itself down to my next available post so my first post can now act as a sort of cover page....

Which screams for a cover picture... so I'm off to go play in Photoshop for a few....  :wink:

41 minutes ago, 0111narwhalz said:

Table of contents seems alright. I ran through it kind of fast, but I didn't see anything wrong.

Oh, awesome!  That's good to hear.

I can sit here all day and test it out, but I was hoping to hear from someone else to be sure.  :D

Well, I'm still reading thru this again, and I'm a little embarrassed to admit I spotted a couple more mistakes I had to stop and correct. 

Truth is, when I first started this I wasn't taking it so seriously, and apparently I let some stuff slip...  opps   :rolleyes:

20 minutes ago, superstrijder15 said:

In chapter 9 I think at the start you say Buill and Bob, should be Bill. also how do you get rocks to fly

It was chapter 8, and it's fixed.  Next time send me a PM please

As for the rocks, I don't get them to fly... they fly on their own.  It's a game glitch.  The real trick is knowing how to find them.  :wink:

Edited by Just Jim

OK, it was a long day, and the game tried to throw me a couple curveballs, but I think I have all the screenshots I need. 
But there is a lot of stuff to sift thru and get organized, so I probably won't be able to start writing until tomorrow.

One thing.....  I said a few post ago I was going to give y'all a couple chapters back to back.  I changed my mind.  As I was getting everything together today, I decided it would be more fun to just smush everything together into a nice, long, hideous chapter of doom....  :0.0:

Oh wait... I lied... it's done... hehehe  :sticktongue:

Edited by Just Jim

Chapter 39
:0.0:      The Darkness Falls     :0.0:

Several hours, and millions of kilometers away on Bop, Thompberry Kerman sprang his trap. For days uncounted he had bided his time, waiting for just the right moment. He had hacked back into KASA's communications grid hundreds of days ago, but this time he was much more careful to remain undetected, unnoticed. He knew every move KASA made, every word spoken... he even knew their secrets....

And this time he waited... waited for the pawns to move into position, before he struck.

xOp3M8w.jpg

Once he was ready he began to charge his mighty capacitors, and began to bring his new gravioli particle beam online.

yZRUUXD.jpg

Yes, he knew the secret of the gravioli particle now... and the secret of the floating rocks, and he was prepared to use this knowledge... make it the instrument of his revenge... something subtle and delectable!

Harder and harder he pushed the now heavily modified rover, forcing it's particle beam onto, and into, the floating rock before him.

ZGDB3yo.jpg

The rover itself was not the same machine as it was when he first docked to it. Over the days and nights he had been busy modifying it to his needs. It was true he had no physical body, but this did not deter him. Instead he felt and sought out every circuit, every microchip, in his rover body. And when he had cataloged every last item, he began to reprogram all of them to fit his twisted needs. He needed no physical body to do what needed to be done. With just the power and focus of his twisted his mind, he reprogramed the chariot into a forced gravioli collector and emitter!

xPdzX6o.jpg

Now the whole front of the chariot began to glow with heat, and he waited with great anticipation. Hotter and hotter, until the whole chariot was glowing with an unholy fire. And then he unlocked his brakes, and began to roll the Chariot closer and closer to the great rock.

IWPPoEC.jpg

vBjcHWb.jpg

Oh, he knew... he knew..... many nights ago he had an epiphany, a breakthrough of monumental proportions. He discovered the gravioli particle had a sort of natural repulsion to the fabric of time-space... this is why the gravioli emitting boulders seemed to float and defy gravity. It wasn't because they had no mass... it was because the gravioli particles being emitted by them caused a sort of natural "bubble" of time-space around the boulder!

And as the mighty chariot reached the boulder... and began to pass into it, Thompberry knew his theory was correct!

xYrcIpX.jpg

hnEgKNo.jpg

By collection all the gravioli particles being emitted from the rock over a period of hundreds of days, then forcing them back onto the rock in a highly focused beam, Thompberry was able to enlarge the space-time bubble surrounding the boulder, enlarge and expand it, force it backwards onto itself until it formed a tunnel of space-time... a sort of small, artificial wormhole! 

HMIPbh8.jpg

ok8aNIH.jpg

And once Thompberry's brain pod was completely engulfed in the gravioli emitting rock, there was a blinding flash of light... and Thompberry Kerman was gone.

rbr4b7g.jpg

kbFpW0n.jpg

Meanwhile on Ike, Kerenna and the twins, Gem and Theo, were preparing to send the doodlebug out to explore the strange black area near the colony base. Gem had wanted to fly out herself, but Kerenna had absolutely forbid it. Something didn't feel right, and she insisted Gem stay at the base and fly the doodlebug by remote.

KQXotGl.jpg

She was annoyed, but even flying by remote, Gem was the best, and soon the doodlebug was en route to the center of the blackness.

diEjxRW.jpg

uLevoVp.jpg

ySqUL7b.jpg

But as it got closer, the readings became more and more erratic. Radiation was normal, temperature staggeringly low, even for Ike, and nearing absolute zero. Gravioli reading were astounding, but seismic readings indicated there was absolutely nothing there... it was all very weird.

x4oatdo.jpg

Suddenly, as the doodlebug reached the center of the blackness, Gem lost contact... and a second later there was a blinding explosion, and the doodlebug was gone.

IW5K9na.jpg

EUHdSNX.jpg

thQufqT.jpg

Shaken, the crew was silent for several long seconds, until Theo gasped, "Look... the floating rock, it's leaving!"

And when they looked out thru the portals, sure enough, the floating rock had moved off several hundred meters, and was headed away rapidly.

PjZipKd.jpg

Vlgl5Mu.jpg

Kerenna was beginning to feel something was very, very wrong when Gem cried out from her window, "There's something in the black area."

"Specify, please," Kerenna answered, "Is it the doodlebug debris?"

"No, ma'am, it's something different. Small.... I'm trying to make it out..."

BSxP188.jpg

FgcousY.jpg

Gem continued, "It looks roundish... can't be more than a meter or two long.... Oh, and it's glowing... glowing red... Oh, wait... I think it's beginning to move... yes, there is definite movement..."

"Glowing... Red???"  Kerenna gasped... "Red... RED???"

Terror enveloped her, and for a moment she couldn't move... couldn't think.... No... it couldn't be.... not him... not here..... not NOW!!

But she knew.... somehow, somehow she knew.... it was as if she could... feel... him out there... she could feel the evil approaching... Suddenly the radio burst in a flurry of sound... KASA had been monitoring their transmissions, as had Duna Station, and Piper on Emiko Station, and after what may have been a fatal delay because of the distance, they all screamed in unison over her headset.

"KERENNA, GET OUT OF THERE!!!!!!!!!"

PAmQCpV.jpg

Deep in the black pit, Thompberry tried to regain his focus and get a fix on his bearings. Passing thru the strange wormhole had felt like a journey of thousands of years, yet it passed in an instant... a very odd experience. But once he re-orientated himself to his surroundings, he knew he had hit his mark perfectly. And almost casually, he engaged his thrusters and moved towards his prey.

Cw82BxM.jpg

PpZ896q.jpg

At the colony, Kerenna was quickly evacuating the twins to the raptor, all the while trying desperately to stay calm. Once they were aboard, she climbed into the cockpit and prepared to get out of there.

TGMXv0d.jpg

H2cMHvM.jpg

But as she reached for the throttle, she realized something was desperately wrong. She had no control of the Raptor. And worse yet, of it's own accord, the front docking port shield was opening!

3L0ZWWg.jpg

W1UpjVC.jpg

IIPU0MR.jpg

hDS6PGe.jpg

In the back cabin, Gem and Theo were beginning to really panic, but there was nothing Kerenna could do... even the hatch doors were frozen.

KLpUGtY.jpg

BcYEdtf.jpg

Then to Kerenna's horror, she saw the weird red object lowering itself onto the Raptor. 

4GZirhY.jpg

SQ0YEGF.jpg

XIG179N.jpg

YgPwlh7.jpg

And with a metallic click, Thompberry docked himself to the doomed Raptor.

mYjsSba.jpg

GVN3dMS.jpg

Before she could do anything... say anything... a sickening voice came over the speakers.... heavy, clotted.... like some horrible nightmare made real...

"Ahhh, Kerenna... Kerenna Kerman..... <gurgle gurgle> My.... dear.... it's been such a longggg time.... <gurgle> yes??? Aren't you glad to see me againnnnnnn?????" 

pBZgEVp.jpg

"No...  no... it's can't be.... " Kerenna began to cry... "It can't be..."

Beneath her, she felt the engines of the Raptor begin to rumble, but she was powerless to stop them.

"Oh... but it is..... <gurgle> it is.... have you <gurgle> missssed me?

jMSVAug.jpg

Then Thompberry noticed the fleeing gravioli boulder, and chuckled to himself,

"Yessss... flee my little friend... I have no need of your kind anymore... I have a much more delicious target in mind now...."

And with that, he throttled up his new Raptor body and headed into space.

BDVV9ot.jpg

YiLEExA.jpg

FY065zk.jpg

TetoyVy.jpg

sdiIjZh.jpg

As Thompberry basked in the power of his new raptor, and brought it into orbit over high Ike, he turned his attention to the twins in back, now completely horrified and screaming in panic.

"Ahhhh... yessss   <gurgle>  Jandolin's children... we haven't been properly introduced.... <gurgle gurgle>  My name is Thompberry Kerman... <bubble boil> Lord Thompberry! <slobber> But you children.... <gurgle gurgle>  You children may call me.... step-father!!!!

AlYQYds.jpg

hz3DkfK.jpg

The Saga of Emiko Station is far, far from over....

Go to Chapter 40
Return to Index

Edited by Just Jim

Holy [snip]. Thompberry's only kick is pure revenge... Sadist to the core. And he has access to the most beloved personell of KASA. Today is a dark day, ladies and gentlemen.

Edited by Gargamel
Profanity

On 3/22/2016 at 11:00 PM, Andem said:

Holy [snip]. Thompberry's only kick is pure revenge... Sadist to the core. And he has access to the most beloved personell of KASA. Today is a dark day, ladies and gentlemen.

yes.... yes it is.....  ;.;

On 3/22/2016 at 11:39 PM, max_creative said:

Ooo new chapter!!! Yes!!! Thank you @Just Jim!

On 3/23/2016 at 12:04 AM, Mjp1050 said:

Wow.

Just.....Wow.

THIS IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH Just Jim!!!!!!!!

You are most welcome!  I've been really excited to do this chapter for a while now...  bwaahahahaha

On 3/23/2016 at 1:48 AM, GDJ said:

Hit it with a Mun Rock.

On 3/23/2016 at 5:19 AM, galaxyguy said:

Make that 2 Mun rocks

Too far from the Mun... sorry... ;.;

On 3/23/2016 at 12:28 AM, SpaceplaneAddict said:

My heart stopped at the end of that.

Then my job here is done...   :wink:

On 3/23/2016 at 6:40 AM, Kuzzter said:

<gurgle> 

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!

also, you're getting really good at those hovering docks! :) 

Thanks... lets just hope the DEV team doesn't address that little bug.... ever!  :wink:

On 3/22/2016 at 11:45 PM, max_creative said:

Ooo new theory! Thompberry will try to get the twins on his side! After he does that, he will send them to attack the ksc. When they fail, he will go there himself. When he gets there, Gene will see him and dump a pot of Koffie on him. :D

Ahhhh... no.  Not even close this time...  :sticktongue:

But I can tell you in the next chapter we will be learning more of Thompberry's newest and ever so diabolical plan....  :0.0:

Edited by Gargamel
Edited the Quote

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.