The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

Well, look on the bright side. It's Fusion. Relatively clean.

It's not Fission where Blutonium can irradiate 1/2 of Kerbin or a Forced Kuantum Singularity, which can implode......at least 1/2 of Kerbin in a artificial black hole. 

Or Matter/Antimatter, which can really do some nasties on Kerbal physiology....and blow up 1/2 of Kerbin.

Or a Tesseract..........poop, even Thor has a hard time with that one. That could blow up all of Kerbin, and take out the Mun and Minmus with it.

So.....it is a silver lining. :wink:

Edited by GDJ
I am my own personal Grammar Dictator.

23 minutes ago, GDJ said:

Relatively clean.

hehem, but in my universe, "relatively" is a relative term... lmao..... :sticktongue:

Actually, I've come up with a fun way to put the safe/unsafe fusion reactor issue to rest in the next chapter.

9 hours ago, The solid fuel chemist said:

Ok, for the second time now, WILL YOU EXPLAIN THE THING ON DRES OR NOT!?!?:huh:

Reveal hidden contents

Or is it just a dead storyline?

Thing on Dres????  There's nothing on Dres that I know of except a green meanie monolith..

Wait, do you mean why Thompberry was afraid the Dresperado may have gone onto Dres?  OK, I can explain some more in the next chapter..... 

Edited by Just Jim

Fact: This is one of the best KSP fanfictons ever.

I've been gone from this thread for a long time, what did I miss? I might have to read the whole thing from the beginning, but the story is so good I probably wouldn't mind anyway:D

From what I can understand, this is the story arc as set up:

1: Construction of Emiko Station, battle against Thompberry's UFO kraken things

2: Thompberry becomes a brain case, and takes over the KSC

3: Discovery of magic boulders, Thompberry's alliance, discovery of Emiko

4: Kraken possession, Emiko's story, Parka's capture (?)

Oh yeah, and Emiko's asteroid is a magic kraken portal set up to invade kerbin.

Did I miss anything?

48 minutes ago, KAL 9000 said:

Yay new chapter! And Fusion Reactors aren't dangerous... 

As for Angelo...

Billionaire head of Wild Blue Industries by day, but by night, mild-mannered Angelo Kerman becomes...

IRON KERBAL!

Not quite Iron kerbal, but I think y'all are gonna like this. @Angel-125 designed a new suit for Angelo:

Spoiler

tlHKoty.png

Oh, and I have a way to put the dangerous/not-dangerous fusion reactor issue to bed in the next chapter.  :wink:

Does it involve burning exotic fuels? Because you don't have to use hydrogen. And some of the other options yield pretty nasty wastes. If you want to go really exotic, certain options have risky-physics inputs, which you should certainly not try on your only planet.

1 hour ago, 0111narwhalz said:

Does it involve burning exotic fuels? Because you don't have to use hydrogen. And some of the other options yield pretty nasty wastes. If you want to go really exotic, certain options have risky-physics inputs, which you should certainly not try on your only planet.

Can we get more information on these 'certain options'?

Well, there's antimatter-catalysed fusion, and antimatter is pretty scary stuff. Also, if you replace some electrons with magnetic monopoles or heavy leptons, the activation energy is vastly reduced. Monopoles would cause lots of problems with all sorts of things, since they're effectively one-ended bits of rope. Heavy leptons tend to be violently unstable, causing effects similar to antimatter--but spontaneous.

On 1/10/2017 at 2:35 AM, 0111narwhalz said:

Well, there's antimatter-catalysed fusion, and antimatter is pretty scary stuff. Also, if you replace some electrons with magnetic monopoles or heavy leptons, the activation energy is vastly reduced. Monopoles would cause lots of problems with all sorts of things, since they're effectively one-ended bits of rope. Heavy leptons tend to be violently unstable, causing effects similar to antimatter--but spontaneous.

And we haven't ever observed magnetic monopoles, so we don't know if they're even real, or just theoretical.

On 1/9/2017 at 9:03 PM, Just Jim said:

Not quite Iron kerbal, but I think y'all are gonna like this. @Angel-125 designed a new suit for Angelo:

Reveal hidden contents

tlHKoty.png

Oh, and I have a way to put the dangerous/not-dangerous fusion reactor issue to bed in the next chapter.  :wink:

Now all we need is K.A.R.V.I.S.!

On the subject of Sanny The Ghost...

I have a feeling Geo knows more about Sanny's origins than he's letting on...

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 9:59 PM, The solid fuel chemist said:

Ok, for the second time now, WILL YOU EXPLAIN THE THING ON DRES OR NOT!?!?:huh:

Reveal hidden contents

Or is it just a dead storyline?

1. He means the asteroids that appeared in orbit.

2. Speaking of which, when are the veterans coming home?

23 hours ago, KAL 9000 said:

On the subject of Sanny The Ghost...

I have a feeling Geo knows more about Sanny's origins than he's letting on...

Yes and no... I have to be careful of bouncing into the 4th wall.  I'll be getting into Geo and Sanny a little more in the next chapter.

16 hours ago, obney kerman said:

1) Yes, for now that's what has Thompberry so worried. :)

2) As of the next chapter, they'll be about 50 days from reaching Kerbin SOI.

Edited by Just Jim

@Just Jim the thing on dres was introduced a wile ago. i'm too lazy to find the chapter but the thing was just a OKTO2 probe core with a bunch of communotron-88's stuck on in a spiral pattern.

On 1/11/2017 at 4:52 PM, obney kerman said:

no, that's not what i meant.

6 hours ago, The solid fuel chemist said:

@Just Jim the thing on dres was introduced a wile ago. i'm too lazy to find the chapter but the thing was just a OKTO2 probe core with a bunch of communotron-88's stuck on in a spiral pattern.

No, I'm sorry, but I think you have my story mixed up with another. This is the only probe I have on Dres:

qGUzzoj.png

What you're describing sounds a lot like one of @Draconiator's Etherium probes.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.