The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

KSP Thread of the year? Holy crap! Great job Jim. You deserve it. 

Now... To see about this getting published....

Spoiler

No, seriously. Use Wattpad. https://www.wattpad.com/home

37 minutes ago, The solid fuel chemist said:

;.;

Oh... Please. Please... Please....

Pretty please with a cherry on top?

Edited by Lo Var Lachland

2 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

I meant to answer this yesterday.

At this point, I'm sorry to say, it's highly unlikely. 

Getting together to co-ordinate something like this is really hard... and unfortunately I haven't seen @Geschosskopf on here in quite a while. I'm not sure if he's playing anymore or what.

But I've got a huge problem crossing over because of my plot, especially the fact my kerbals are strictly non-military... and I refuse to budge 1 millimeter on that. My Kerbals have absolutely no concept of warfare... or of weapons any more advanced than a fishing pole. Some of them may lie, or cheat, or even steal on occasion... but other than really, really rare exceptions (Thompberry) they would never, ever dream of actually poofing one another. That's just wrong... 

But most all of the other fan-fiction stories have some sort of military, or weapons... or Kerbulans... which right there makes it pretty much impossible for me to adjust.

Plus..... can you imagine combining my version of Krakens with @CatastrophicFailure's Krakens???  OMG.... they'd be unstoppable in any 'verse!  :0.0:

I realize this... it's more of a "it'd be cool if this happened" than a "we're waiting for this to happen". Please understand that I am in no way expecting or pressuring you to actually do something like this. I realize it'd be really grueling on all the authors and be a real pain to coordinate.

That being said, the fact that your kerbals have no concept of war doesn't prevent them from having interesting interactions with a parallel species that does... just look at @Kuzzter's A Jool Odyssey and the Kerbulans.

11 minutes ago, greenTurtle1134 said:

I realize this... it's more of a "it'd be cool if this happened" than a "we're waiting for this to happen". Please understand that I am in no way expecting or pressuring you to actually do something like this. I realize it'd be really grueling on all the authors and be a real pain to coordinate.

That being said, the fact that your kerbals have no concept of war doesn't prevent them from having interesting interactions with a parallel species that does... just look at @Kuzzter's A Jool Odyssey and the Kerbulans.

Oh yeah, I totally understand. And I'm not saying I'm totally opposed to doing something.

But again, @Geschosskopf is MIA, @Parkaboy has a really tough schedule to work around, and little time enough for his own stories, and @Kuzzter just got a new job that he needs to focus his most all of attention on. And as an added bonus... the rains have finally kicked in here, so I've been dodging T-storms the last few days. I don't know about the rest of the writers schedules, but this already makes things complicated, to say the least.

Edited by Just Jim

I echo what others have said it would be nice to have it happen, but to be honest not sure how it would work, and the author list could change as needed.

I just thought maybe someone [looks very worried and gives a 'not me wave of hands'] could do a sliders style fan work? I'd just love the time to be able to play more KSP in the first place, but RL is always in the way. [Sits and dreams, for a fraction  of a nanosecond].

19 minutes ago, Pretorian28715 said:

...but RL is always in the way.

yeah, exactly. RL = bleh.... :P

But please understand, I do appreciate and love how much y'all want us to do something.

I'm really honored you like what we do enough to be this interested in a larger-scale project. :D

Edited by Just Jim

37 minutes ago, Pretorian28715 said:

I echo what others have said it would be nice to have it happen, but to be honest not sure how it would work, and the author list could change as needed.

I just thought maybe someone [looks very worried and gives a 'not me wave of hands'] could do a sliders style fan work? I'd just love the time to be able to play more KSP in the first place, but RL is always in the way. [Sits and dreams, for a fraction  of a nanosecond].

By which you mean having a couple of Kerbals that jump between universes, causing crossovers as they go? I've dreamed of running such a thing, but it'd be really hard, clash in so many ways, and involve marring these beautiful works with our ineptitude...

5 hours ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Pupil-less Kerbal...

...and here I thought eyeless Kerbals would be creepy.  :confused:

<shhh spoilers still ignoring thread shhh>:ph34r:

Never fear, I won't give anything away... 

But isn't it amazing how just a simple, little alteration like removing the pupils totally changes her from cute to really creepy?

On 6/29/2017 at 1:59 PM, ProtoJeb21 said:

What if...Bill is the one behind the ET/Kraken genocide and orchestrated all the cataclysms in the series?

Either way, I find it hard that anything could be more psychopathically horrific than a floating Illuminati that has killed trillions of innocents and tortures mortals to the brink of insanity just for the heck of it.

*tinfoil hat engaged* 

Let's look at Bill's rap sheet, shall we? 

-Attempting a hostile takeover of an entire dimension with a group of actual frickin' demons 

-Being an actual frickin' demon (I suppose that doesn't necessarily make you evil, but still, who ever heard of a nice demon?) 

-Likely being in charge of the Illuminati 

-Premeditated murder (Victim: The Laws Of Physics) 

-Premeditated murder (Victim: The Fourth Wall) 

-Attempted premeditated murder (Victim: The Entire Frickin' Multiverse

-Manipulating an alien spacecraft 

-Manipulating three generations of family, including two children 

-Possibly manipulating the entire human race for all 200,000 years of its existence 

-Altering the theme song of the television show he exists in 

-Being a verified psychopath 

-Impersonating a muse 

-Attempted premeditated murder (Victim: Two Children

-Possessing the body of a guy with 12 PHDs 

-Possessing the body of a child 

-Possessing the body of a Time Officer ("MY BODY IS A TEMPLE, CIPHER!!!") 

-Premeditated murder (Victim: A (Time Lord) baby

-Explosive destruction of the minds of the audience 

-Illegal possession of Time Punch 

-Possible manipulation of a race of Krakens in a KSP story to enact his inevitable return 

-Jaywalking 

I can possibly pardon him for almost all of them, but that last one is unforgivable! WHO DOES THAT?! 

Edited by KAL 9000

On 6/29/2017 at 10:21 PM, ProtoJeb21 said:

Be prepared to read some book summaries as well, as Bill's most horrific act was revealed in the real-life canonical Journal 3.

It's pretty horrifying, maybe worse than forcing someone to choke and die on their own eyeball.

N.REUYTEEERNYOATMSIUTJAHHTTIRWETWSOAPETBNEEHITCRNAAEEFH,TYEKKSOOVTNSINIRNURTUHBTORTAEEMDONCASSALHLEAMFIYTTYIMVLATROGLNOEXHAW

(24 hours to figure out why I chose that string of gibberish. Something to help you out:)

23 hours ago, greenTurtle1134 said:

N.REUYTEEERNYOATMSIUTJAHHTTIRWETWSOAPETBNEEHITCRNAAEEFH,TYEKKSOOVTNSINIRNURTUHBTORTAEEMDONCASSALHLEAMFIYTTYIMVLATROGLNOEXHAW

*cracks knuckles*

Spoiler

Simply turning it around won't work, there are a lot of duplicate letters, so maybe it's something with those...

Taking out all double letters still leave total gibberish... In Dutch I would say the Y is used as a signal for something, but I don't know, in English it is used quite a bit. Maybe try to get each second instance of a letter... Not finished doing so yet.

The N at the start probably needs to be taken out by the solving decoding mechanism, as then the sentence would end with a ., and there may be a letter coding for other letter system in here...

Update: Turning all Ns into spaces gives a few really long words, and the second instance of letter thing seemed not to work either. Due to the lack of spaces and the fact that some letters come 3 times in a row, it's really hard to try to assign different letters to each letter. I am now going to get some more people on this

Update: 22:35 05-07-17 UTC

Edited by superstrijder15
added some more in the spoiler

Just now, superstrijder15 said:

*cracks knuckles*

Hide contents

Simply turning it around won't work, there are a lot of duplicate letters, so maybe it's something with those...

Taking out all double letters still leave total gibberish... In Dutch I would say the Y is used as a signal for something, but I don't know, in English it is used quite a bit. Maybe try to get each second instance of a letter... Not finished doing so yet.

The N at the start probably needs to be taken out by the solving decoding mechanism, as then the sentence would end with a ., and there may be a letter coding for other letter system in here...

I like that people are actually trying to crack it. At 24 hours, I'll give another hint.

15 minutes ago, superstrijder15 said:

*cracks knuckles*

I'm curious what it is... keep me posted please. I tried taking a crack at it, but real life decided to rear it's ugly head again today... and probably will again tomorrow.

Still, I've finally got all of the backstory re-written in my head (again)... looking at probably 4 more chapters.... maybe 5. I shouldn't need any more than that to wrap things up.

And this is more towards the sci-fi end of things again...

well.... maybe 1 vampire appearance.... :0.0:

On 6/28/2017 at 4:12 PM, greenTurtle1134 said:

Can we expect some huge crossover written by all 5 authors at the end of this? (i.e. @Just Jim, @Kuzzter, @Parkaboy, @Cydonian Monk, and @Geschosskopf)

*Sniff* I'm fine..... just took an arrow to the FEELS. It actually kinda hurts that I'm not included in that list ;.;

On 6/30/2017 at 1:32 PM, Just Jim said:

I don't know about the rest of the writers schedules, but this already makes things complicated, to say the least.

*Raises hand*

On 6/28/2017 at 7:23 PM, Just Jim said:

Second... when I read this, one thing immediately popped into my head:

Hide contents

Doesn't matter who or what he plays, this guy will forever be in my head screaming "WHAT'S IN YOUR WALLET?" a million times. (Note: My family just watched Episodes 1-3 of Star Wars (You know, the ones from 2003-05 that no-one really liked that much) And it took all of my willpower to not say a Capital One commercial every time he spoke.)

15 minutes ago, DarkOwl57 said:

(Note: My family just watched Episodes 1-3 of Star Wars (You know, the ones from 2003-05 that no-one really liked that much) And it took all of my willpower to not say a Capital One commercial every time he spoke.)

I watched him on an interview not long after the movies... and it was so funny... he kept saying:

"You don't understand... It was the greatest point in my career... I was sitting next to Yoda... YODA!!!"  :D

23 hours ago, greenTurtle1134 said:

Hmmm fun.I like this stuff.

DONT YOU DARE OPEN THE SPOILER IF YOU WANT TO SOLVE IT.

Spoiler

I warned you...

Spoiler

You're sure? Its much more fun to solve

Spoiler

Ok fine

Spoiler

So far, turned backwards its [WAHXEONLGORTALVMIYTTYIFMAELHLASSACNODMEEATROTBHUTRUNRINISNTVOOSKKEYT,HFEEAANRCTIHEENBTEPAOSWTEWRITTHHAJTUISMTAOYNREEETYUER.N]

Chucking it through a cesarean cipher generator shows that its not that. All the solutions are still gibberish Looking at it again, it might make more sense if it was a skip code, since there are no clear patterns of grammar. Deleting every other character gives

AXOLOTLMYTIMEHASCOMETOBURNIINVOKETHEANCIENTPOWERTHATIMAYRETURN

If spaces and punctuation are added, it becomes

AXOLOTL MY TIME HAS COME TO BURN, I INVOKE THE ANCIENT POWER THAT I MAY RETURN.

PS - Very nice message. Here's another code (just for fun): RGTGNNRT NNNGGRGNGT LGRRLLNN NGGRTNGN RRTTRG LNGTGTGNGRNNRT?

Hint:

Spoiler

Concern for namesake of the thread.

55 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

I watched him on an interview not long after the movies... and it was so funny... he kept saying:

"You don't understand... It was the greatest point in my career... I was sitting next to Yoda... YODA!!!"  :D

Hahahahahahahahahhahahaahahahaha "What about the fact you were one of the leading actors in the m-" "YOOOOODDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!"

54 minutes ago, qzgy said:

PS - Very nice message. Here's another code (just for fun): RGTGNNRT NNNGGRGNGT LGRRLLNN NGGRTNGN RRTTRG LNGTGTGNGRNNRT?

Are you speaking the language of Tusken Raiders?

53 minutes ago, qzgy said:

Hmmm fun.I like this stuff.

DONT YOU DARE OPEN THE SPOILER IF YOU WANT TO SOLVE IT.

Hide contents

I warned you...

Hide contents

You're sure? Its much more fun to solve

Hide contents

Ok fine

Hide contents

So far, turned backwards its [WAHXEONLGORTALVMIYTTYIFMAELHLASSACNODMEEATROTBHUTRUNRINISNTVOOSKKEYT,HFEEAANRCTIHEENBTEPAOSWTEWRITTHHAJTUISMTAOYNREEETYUER.N]

Chucking it through a cesarean cipher generator shows that its not that. All the solutions are still gibberish Looking at it again, it might make more sense if it was a skip code, since there are no clear patterns of grammar. Deleting every other character gives

AXOLOTLMYTIMEHASCOMETOBURNIINVOKETHEANCIENTPOWERTHATIMAYRETURN

If spaces and punctuation are added, it becomes

AXOLOTL MY TIME HAS COME TO BURN, I INVOKE THE ANCIENT POWER THAT I MAY RETURN.

Hint:

Reveal hidden contents

Concern for namesake of the thread.

Incorrect. At least, I mean...

Spoiler

Partially incorrect.

Here's a hint, for all of you.

Spoiler

My first hint was perfectly valid. Note that I did not say, "BACKWARDS MESSAGE".

I'm too lazy to crack the second one.

1 hour ago, DarkOwl57 said:

*Sniff* I'm fine..... just took an arrow to the FEELS. It actually kinda hurts that I'm not included in that list ;.;

I freely admit that I am biased in that these are just the authors that I happen to read. I did not intend any harm by not including anyone on that list. Sorry!

15 minutes ago, DarkOwl57 said:

Are you speaking the language of Tusken Raiders?

No.... still english. Just in a code based on one from world war 1.

13 minutes ago, greenTurtle1134 said:

Partially incorrect.

aww. Oh, wait!

Spoiler

Guess I forgot this part, right?

WHEN GRAVITY FALLS AND EARTH TURNS TO SKY ,FEAR THE BEAST WITH JUST ONE EYE.

So in full, AXOLOTL MY TIME HAS COME TO BURN, I INVOKE THE ANCIENT POWER THAT I MAY RETURN WHEN GRAVITY FALLS AND EARTH TURNS TO SKY ,FEAR THE BEAST WITH JUST ONE EYE.

Edited by qzgy

20 minutes ago, qzgy said:

aww. Oh, wait!

Details of solution below.

Spoiler

Opening next spoilers will make it impossible for you to solve the problem on your own.

Spoiler

Actual spoiler, solution inside. For @qzgy's eyes only.

Spoiler

Last chance.

Spoiler

You are... still partially correct. The two messages formed by skip codes are separate messages. Specifically, these both appear in the Gravity Falls TV show  pertaining to Bill Cipher.

The first is directly said by him (backwards) as he dies in the finale: "A-X-O-L-O-T-L My time has come to burn! I invoke the ancient power that I may return!"

The second is said by a scientist that gets a glimpse into the hell Bill Cipher rules: "When gravity falls and earth turns to sky, fear the beast with just one eye!" (Alright, I screwed up, it's "becomes" not "turns to", I can be excused because I don't actually watch the show.")

The first, as I hear, refers to one of the admittedly-canon books, which describes the AXOLOTL, actually a type of regenerative salamander, as an all-powerful being which offers to revive Bill Cipher. The second is uttered by McGucket after falling into a universe portal connected to the Nightmare Realm.

The "BACKWARDS MESSAGE BACKWARDS MESSAGE" hint was supposed to hint at the fact that the cipher contained two backwards messages - the link to an actual backwards message from the series hinted at these being references to Gravity Falls, with one of them being an audio-reverse easter egg.

Still, @qzgy, you did well! Have two likes, and a ship named after you once I get back to KSP!

@Just Jim - wait - what did I just read??

2 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Still, I've finally got all of the backstory re-written in my head (again)... looking at probably 4 more chapters.... maybe 5. I shouldn't need any more than that to wrap things up.

And this is more towards the sci-fi end of things again...

[Edited by adsii1970]

Wait... NOOO! Don't say it's so... :(

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.