The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

7 minutes ago, Garibaldi2257 said:

a friend of mine on SWGOH lives down in florida, he was right in the path.  he's feeling the pain like you Jim.  so, I'm sorry you have to go through all this.

I wish him the best.

Oh, speaking of people in the path, has @ZooNamedGames chimed in? He's just a couple hours north of here and would have been in it's sights as well. Hope he's OK

Holy Kraken Krap...

Emiko Station is mentioned on Wikipedia!!!

Not directly, but I was searching Google to find this page on my tablet (again :rolleyes:) and I saw a wiki link... And it turns out if you look up the name Emiko on Wikipedia, down near the bottom is "Fictional Emikos" and Emiko Station is listed!!!!! :D

I'm just wondering how... I didn't do it... But someone must have... 

Cool!!!!  :cool:

2 hours ago, Just Jim said:

OK, we have a generator. Fridge is back on!!! Lost a few things, but not much.

ETA for the power being fixed is still tomorrow night... I hope.

Here's hoping. I've got friends down in Lee county and they're hearing power might not be back until next Friday.

1 hour ago, Just Jim said:

Holy Kraken Krap...

Emiko Station is mentioned on Wikipedia!!!

Not directly, but I was searching Google to find this page on my tablet (again :rolleyes:) and I saw a wiki link... And it turns out if you look up the name Emiko on Wikipedia, down near the bottom is "Fictional Emikos" and Emiko Station is listed!!!!! :D

I'm just wondering how... I didn't do it... But someone must have... 

Cool!!!!  :cool:

I need to see this!

2 hours ago, Jarin said:

Here's hoping. I've got friends down in Lee county and they're hearing power might not be back until next Friday.

Oh, that sucks. I hope it's sooner.

2 hours ago, obney kerman said:

I need to see this!

Go look. :)

56 minutes ago, Cydonian Monk said:

Looks like it was added 1st of July in 2016 (by someone using an IP address assigned to Verizon/MCI). 

Very cool!

Last year? Wow. Verizon is a phone company, but that still could be anyone. 

Well, whoever added it, thanks! :D

Unrelated, but RIP Cassini :(

giphy.gif

PRESS F TO PAY RESPECTS

200_s.gif

----

Also unrelated: Have you noticed that Ike looks a lot like the Mün from the surface? 

Werner: ZE IKE LANDINGS ARE FAKED! VE FAKED ZEM VITH A MÜN LANDING!

Edited by KAL 9000

3 hours ago, KAL 9000 said:

Also unrelated: Have you noticed that Ike looks a lot like the Mün from the surface? 

Werner: ZE IKE LANDINGS ARE FAKED! VE FAKED ZEM VITH A MÜN LANDING!

The Mun landings are faked! They faked them with an Ike landing!

OK... I'm back on my computer!!!  :D

First off, thank you to all the moderators and @SQUAD for being patient with the situation and letting this turn into a sort of quasi-Irma thread for a couple days. Thankfully it's over now, and I'll bring this back to Emiko in just a second.

First, I have to share one picture. This is what I woke up to the morning it hit... it's the house across the street from us, and I heard it snap like a gunshot in the middle of the night:

JP2ZPrK.jpg

I have a few more, but this one pretty much sums it up.

Soooo... back to Emiko Station!  :cool:

Last I remember I had almost all the screenshots for the next chapter done, except a half dozen or so of Kerbals just standing around talking... somewhere. Those are super easy. I have a few things I need to get done, now that we have power, but once that's done, goodbye reality... I'm going Kerbaling!

I'll sort through everything tomorrow, get my bearings, then go from there. Fingers crossed it should only be a couple days.

So I started sorting screenshots last night... I'm about 1/3rd or so finished. But I'm afraid the storm, and stress, and lack of sleep, and all the rest of the hurricane fun, finally caught up to me. This morning I woke up with the worst cough, and it's turned into a full blown cold... blehhh  :P

On 9/15/2017 at 10:49 AM, KAL 9000 said:

Unrelated, but RIP Cassini :(

PRESS F TO PAY RESPECTS

Yeah, I'm going to miss her...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.