The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

3 hours ago, DualDesertEagle said:

Tho the details would probably call in the mods for too much OT.

hehehe... yeah. I have a couple horror stories of my own, but the Moderators would hate us. 

But I will say this... as far as relationships in Emiko Station, I will NOT add in any that are just gratuitous... Right now we have 3 developing romances... Four if you count Harfield and Jandolin. And they're there for a reason... not gonna say exactly what.... but they each have reasons for being in the story.

As for Chibi or Angelo, or any of the other characters... I really don't know yet... But I promise... if there are any future romances and/or relationships... I'll be doing it for a reason. Not just to add in another couple.

:wink:

19 minutes ago, Draconiator said:

Eh as far as I'm concerned, Jeb and Val should be married in every story written about the game.

Well, they're apparently a couple now. :)

But again, for a reason... Val turned to Jeb when Bruberry/Badie Kraken started messing with Val's head on their way back from Duna. The big question: Was this just a coincidence???

1 hour ago, The Space Dino said:

Oh kraken I never thought of that!

Well, Val is Emiko's granddaughter, so... hmmmm........... :wink:

55 minutes ago, Geschosskopf said:

It would never last.  They're too much alike, and thus both too intolerant of yielding to another.

I don't know... this is a good point, they are normally very strong personalities. I'll have to think about this.

Oh, that's one other thing I should mention about the relationships in the story, nothing is really set in stone... more or less. I said I have reasons for bringing in couples, yes. But while that is true, I haven't really thought out the other aspects that aren't really plot related. I don't want to get too boxed in. So there quite possibly could be a personality clash between Jeb and Val down the road... if it feels right for the story. Who knows? :)

Edited by Just Jim

8 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Well, Val is Emiko's granddaughter, so... hmmmm........... :wink:

Then who is Val's mother? How did Emiko get a granddaughter without getting married?

Incomplete theory: Val's mom got taken away by krakens or ETs or stuff like that, and she is already poofed. Or she's probably somewhere, lost in Kraken space. Or she's actaully Piper or disguising as another Kerbal.

Edited by The Space Dino

1 hour ago, The Space Dino said:

Then who is Val's mother? How did Emiko get a granddaughter without getting married?

Emiko is a widow.  Her husband got killed in an early flying accident back in the sepia-toned days.  It was detailed in one of the flashbacks many chapters ago.

Edited by Geschosskopf

On 10/2/2017 at 1:39 AM, obney kerman said:

As a nerdy guy myself, I can confirm that the nerdy guy does not get the girl.

Depends how nerdy the girl is - but moving on. :)

Hmmm, no pictures for me. :( Anyone got any bright ideas? I'm running Safari if that helps.

Another fine chapter though, even without the illustrations. Wonder if the Platypus looks anything like I imagine! And I liked the idea of kerbals in burrows - sounds very cosy and hobbit-like.

9 minutes ago, KSK said:

Hmmm, no pictures for me. :( Anyone got any bright ideas? I'm running Safari if that helps.

Another fine chapter though, even without the illustrations. Wonder if the Platypus looks anything like I imagine! And I liked the idea of kerbals in burrows - sounds very cosy and hobbit-like.

Hmmmm... I don't know what's wrong, I can see them, but I'm using Google Chrome and Win10... 

I like the idea of Hobbit Burrows.... nice, cozy, and most important, underground! :wink:

3 hours ago, The Space Dino said:

1 hour ago, Geschosskopf said:

Emiko is a widow.  Her husband got killed in an early flying accident back in the sepia-toned days.  It was detailed in one of the flashbacks many chapters ago.

Yes.... I need to go back and double check my own details, but Emiko's father is Yamane Kerman, who founded the original KRASH club, which later became KASA. We know nothing of Emiko's mother at this point. Emiko's husband poofed in a tragic underwater science accident, which also caused a rift between Emiko and her daughter Sam, who is Val's mother. We don't have many details, other than Sam blamed Emiko, and never spoke to her again, and is now also presumed poofed. We also have no details about Val's father, or if he even met Emiko.

All we know is Emiko saw Val at least once when Val was very, very young, and right before Emiko vanished at the north pole. This is presumably where Emiko told young Val the tale of her seeing the Kraken on Bop.... one of Val's first memories.... and going all the way back to the end of Chapter 1: 

When it was finished, Val whispered thru the radio, "Name it Emiko, for my grandmother. When I was a child she told me stories of how she once saw a real Kraken....  She would have so loved this place..."  and she began to gently cry...

17 hours ago, Draconiator said:

Eh as far as I'm concerned, Jeb and Val should be married in every story written about the game.

They have the same last name! 

VAL COULD BE YOUR SISTER, JEB, YOU SICK, SICK KERBAL!

1 hour ago, Just Jim said:

Hehehe, no. Everybody has the last same name.  :)

So.... everybody IS related... either that or the genealogists of Kerbin are all locked in an asylum somewhere, shaking at the thought of having to disentangle THAT mess...

Loved this episode! and the Platypus is an awesome vessel!

this may have already been addressed, but I didn't see it mentioned. will the platypus be available for DL anytime soon?

On 10/1/2017 at 8:39 PM, obney kerman said:

As a nerdy guy myself, I can confirm that the nerdy guy does not get the girl.

Speak for yourself, I married my nerdy girl!

in fact, we just celebrated our 12th anniversary!

looking forward to the jaw drop that punches a hole in the ice cap when Emiko and Chibi find out they are related.

You sir, just jumped up several pegs in my respect scale. 

Zathras is one of my favorite characters of all time, right next to G'Kar

Thank you... I loved Zathras as well... the actor was brilliant!

And I can see this happening with Chibi and Emiko...

"Everyone named Kerman," Emiko explained. "Just slight difference in pronunciation...

"Kerman... Kerman.... Kerman..."

:D

Thank you... I loved Zathras as well... the actor was brilliant!

And I can see this happening with Chibi and Emiko...

"Everyone named Kerman," Emiko explained. "Just slight difference in pronunciation...

"Kerman... Kerman.... Kerman..."

:D

Hahaha, now you HAVE to do this... (naw, but it would be funny if you did!)

Edited by adsii1970

.....   "Everyone named Kerman," Emiko explained. "Just slight difference in pronunciation...

"Kerman... Kerman.... Kerman...":D

Well, surely anybody Emiko addresses in this way (except Chibi) would all be native speakers of the contemporary Kerbal language and, as such, would already be familiar with any Mandarin-like tonality it has, so the joke could only be aimed at Chibi.  And then Chibi'd be offended.  But Emiko would know this beforehand, so wouldn't do it.

Edited by Geschosskopf

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.