The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

1 hour ago, Just Jim said:

"Well, bless my hearts, if it isn't dear cousin Kuzzter," Lodwell suddenly laughed. "Long time, no viddy, me brother. How art thou?"

Seems like it's time for a bit of the old ultraviolent, with noz and britva and the red, red kruvvy :)

And Saffron....  I can sure pick 'em, can't I?

Edited by Geschosskopf

I have to say, the Platypus is such an awesome boat! Er, was... :wink:

Shoving drop pods out the back of a cargo plane. Yep, totally see Angelo doing that. And always having an emergency parachute in his flight suit... :)

And with sharing 99.94%... with Emiko... Can Chibi make plants grow too?

8 hours ago, Garibaldi2257 said:

once again sir, your reference's are shiny!  The real Captain would be proud of you!

Ahhh, yeah... I was hoping to give all my fellow Firefly fans one of those "Awww Krap" moments when they realized who I was referring to.. hehehe :confused:

7 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

I have to say, the Platypus is such an awesome boat! Er, was... :wink:

Shoving drop pods out the back of a cargo plane. Yep, totally see Angelo doing that. And always having an emergency parachute in his flight suit... :)

And with sharing 99.94%... with Emiko... Can Chibi make plants grow too?

I love the Platypus!!!

Can Chibi grow plants??? I don't know... but I'm thinking no, not as well as Emiko. One difference we know between the two is Emiko is the more powerful Empath, and I'm thinking the plant thing is probably tied to this.

And.... I hope you don't mind me having a little fun with Angelo in tho cargo plane... hehehe. Truth be told, I thought he was set to BadS, but after the plane took off, it was clear he wasn't... and the look on his face was just too priceless not to use... lol. I just needed to think of a way to spin it so it works... :D

8 hours ago, Geschosskopf said:

And Saffron....  I can sure pick 'em, can't I?

Oh she's a beauty... hehehe... I'm gonna have a lot of fun with her!!!  :confused:

8 hours ago, Geschosskopf said:

Seems like it's time for a bit of the old ultraviolent, with noz and britva and the red, red kruvvy :)

About that...

In case anyone else understood the reference, and is worried, you don't have to be. I'm not going to turn this into Clockwork Orange. Yes, it's one of my favorite movies, but I totally understand it's way too inappropriate for younger audiences.

However... I really love how Alex (the main character) talked... he was twisted and evil, but also highly intelligent... almost like a young Bond villain, in a weird way. I believe there's a word for the slang they were speaking, but I don't remember it off the top of my head.

Anyway, I watched it the other night, and that's why Alex's style of speaking sort of slipped in... :wink:

45 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Oh she's a beauty... hehehe... I'm gonna have a lot of fun with her!!!  :confused:

Somehow I sense the coming of a long period of nearly continuous humiliation :)  But that's OK.  She's come to a very bad and well-deserved end someday, I'm sure.

BTW, I forgot to mention last time but I thought LoVar's beach house was very cool.  I'd like to see a whole brochure on it, being as it's now probably up for auction at the sheriff's sale :) 

45 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

However... I really love how Alex (the main character) talked... he was twisted and evil, but also highly intelligent... almost like a young Bond villain, in a weird way. I believe there's a word for the slang they were speaking, but I don't remember it off the top of my head.

In the book, the slang was called "nadsat talk".  Most of the "unfamiliar" words in it, including "nadsat" (which means "teenager") were modified Russian, thanks to Cold War propaganda radio broadcasts.  These words were mixed into sentence structures derived from 1600-1700s English.

10 hours ago, Just Jim said:

"Plants are living things..." Emiko sang back... "Theo must talk to them, sing to them... let them know he loves them..."

Um, how did you know I sang to my plants? But wait, if Emiko is defending another Kerman doing it, them I'm ok. I'm not crazy after all!

"Woah..." Val whispered, as much in awe of the wreck as she was with the idea of a boulder that floated in water. "Let's give that some room, shall we?"

No doubt. If I saw a floating boulder near a shipwreck, I wouldn't be thinking boulder. I'd be thinking ANTISHIP MINE... and it sorta resembles it, too...

220px-Mine_(AWM_304925).jpg

Then Theo leaned over close to Jeb.

"Can I tell you something?" he whispered over softly to Jeb. "I love Aunt Emiko... I really do. But just between you and me, sometimes she's... well... a little scary."

"Between you and me," Jeb whispered back just as softly. "I love her, too... We all do... But yes... yes, she is a little scary."

Hehe, just like most of us human males... many of us go after the scary chicks. There's something about them that really appeals and terrifies... :D

"Roger," Bill smiled as he turned to unpack the temporary base equipment. "Oh, Gene is going to love this!"

hehehe... all I can say. Hehehe...

It was just past midnight back at the KSC when Angelo Kerman was yanked from his bed to attend an emergency meeting to come up with a way to get the Platypus crew what parts and equipment they would need to effect repairs as soon as possible. 

Ah, it's nice to see Angelo so... busy. I know in mine he is about to take things into a new direction... :D His character needs a good work out to keep his mind fresh.

Then Obney Kerman... almost half-joking... said the most outrageous thing.

"Why not just shove the drop-pods out the back of a cargo plane?"

Some of the best ideas can come from those we least expect...

For a brief, awkward second there was complete silence... then the entire room broke out in great guffaws of laughter.

... all but Angelo Kerman, that is, who looked at Obney, then Gene, then Obney again....

Then Gene saw a slow smile begin to cross Angelo's face... and he suddenly stopped laughing as well as he realized Angelo was taking Obney quite seriously!!!

Love this whole description.  If this were ever made into a movie, this would probably be one of my favorite scenes.

b1QTZzF.png

Looks an awful lot like a forward area supply drop...

ZsocIEV.png

But with better aim than the Army or Air Force... Well done!

"Boy..." he said softly over to Bill. "Y'all have got to tell me more about this Angelo character..."

Yes, inquiring minds want to know... :D

So on through the afternoon and into the night the crew took turns assisting Pappy and Bill in any way they could. Most of the undercarriage was a wreck, and Pappy was glad to see Angelo had decided not to try and salvage it, and instead just sent replacement parts for everything.

Typical for Angelo...

"You have to remember," Geo cut in. "We were still pirates back then..."

"But here's the rub...." Kuzzter said even softer. "We were there... Geo and I both saw... everything. And I'm telling you, on my honor as both a captain and a friend, they were all poofed... all of them. There weren't no survivors on that island."

Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me...

"Captain Jebediah," Geo finally said, in a voice that could instantly freeze a supernova... "If you have any sense of self-preservation, you will throw her overboard now..."

<voice = pirate> Best advice ever. And apparently unheeded. Toss the wench overboard! Make her walk the plank! </voice>

11 hours ago, Just Jim said:

"Opps..." Saffron sounded really amused now. "Too late, my love... I'm afraid I already took command of the ship the day before yesterday... they just don't know yet."

This made me laugh out loud. Reminds me of something I'd see off Monty Python.

11 hours ago, Just Jim said:

"Bill," Jeb called into the back. "I need you to go check the material bay, please... and Bill, use extreme caution..."

Famous last words... "use extreme caution"

Great chapter and nice to see the things you are doing to @Angel-125's mods. I always love abusing I mean using his mods. :D

13 hours ago, Just Jim said:

"Oh... you should have someone go outside and take a look inside the material bay..." Saffron seemed way too pleased with herself... "I left you all such a wonderful present!"

Why does this seem so familiar?

Spoiler

Yes, I do watch this show occasionally. (not excepting judgement at this time) :wink:

10 minutes ago, The Dunatian said:

Why does this seem so familiar?

Hide contents

Yes, I do watch this show occasionally. (not excepting judgement at this time) :wink:

Oh, wow! I didn't know there was an animated version... and you're right, the similarity is great!

However... if we're coming clean about Thunderbirds... I have a confession...

There is a small Thunderbird inspired scene in my last chapter...  :0.0:

It was when Obney suggested tossing the drop pods out the back of a Cargo plane, and everyone laughed... at first.

I got the idea for it from watching the beginning of Thunderbird-6... which was on a few days ago... here's the scene:

What you don't see is the very next scene Jeff Tracy tells Brain:

"Yes, the laughed... Then they built it!"

2 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

Looks an awful lot like a forward area supply drop...

2 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

But with better aim than the Army or Air Force... Well done!

It was part luck, and part practice... although I didn't realize I was practicing at the time. I still have, and love to play, the Microsoft Combat Simulator-3... which is a WW2 European theater style flight sim... And in it, you can not only fly fighters, you can also fly large bombers like the B-17 and Lancaster (my favorite). And doing the airdrop, I realized it was just like MCS-3... and was able to guesstimate right where and when to eject them...

And much to my amazement, I nailed it the very first time, and came really close on the next run with the trailer. I'm definitely finding an excuse to use them again... lol... :wink:

Knowing my luck I would get a bullseye with the drop pods... taking out the solar panels, comm’ dishes and proofing a few Kerbals in the process.  *sigh* - F9.

Nice work on the latest chapter, though the pirates seem to have forgotten that they are meant to be capturing stuff not blowing it up O.o

14 hours ago, Just Jim said:

But then Chibi looked over and spotted something in the water... and slammed on her intercom...

"Boulder floating at about 11:00..."

"11... what?" Val and Gem both asked at the same time, and Emiko laughed...

"Too many hours, Chibi dear," Emiko giggled, then called up to Val. "Left of the wreck... Emiko sees it out her window, too... Boulder... floating in the water!!!"

This made me lol.

Nice new chapter, but sometimes I gotta hate ya just for where u cut these off :huh:

On 12/11/2017 at 12:43 PM, Oiff said:

Knowing my luck I would get a bullseye with the drop pods... taking out the solar panels, comm’ dishes and proofing a few Kerbals in the process.  *sigh* - F9.

I was actually a little worried about this when I realized how close I dropped them. For a while it really looked they might land right on top of the base-camp! :)

On 12/11/2017 at 12:53 PM, DualDesertEagle said:

This made me lol

It was a sort of spontaneous joke... I first wrote 11:00... then realized I couldn't use it.... then realized yes, I could... if Chibi said it... hehehe... :)

On 12/11/2017 at 12:53 PM, DualDesertEagle said:

Nice new chapter, but sometimes I gotta hate ya just for where u cut these off :huh:

Yeah, but I have to end them somewhere... and I don't know if you caught the discussion on here a couple weeks ago about Emiko Station being a sort -of Kerbalized Soap-Opera... which it is...

So I'm embracing the spirit of a serial or soap opera... which means most chapters will have some sort of super-dramatic moment at the end whenever possible... 

20 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Yogurt and... coffee? :blink:

Yup - not dissimilar to fermented yak milk in tea (although I think the quantities are about equal in practice or favour the milk). Very traditional in Mongolia, Tibet and neighbouring parts of the world (I think).

Probably a Ussari delicacy too but naturally we do not speak of this. :) 

Or you could consume them separately I guess.

Edited by KSK

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.