The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

1 hour ago, adsii1970 said:

Proof that there are those whose possession might actually improve their personality! No, seriously, this actually made me laugh. Probably one of my favorite lines in the entire chapter.

LVH8mSc.png  space-cowboys-11.jpg

Wow, a Tommy Lee Jones inspired Kerman! No wonder he's so kick-butt!

It's actually supposed to be a Calvary hat, but I can't find one... That's why I added the line:

"Yeah... it wasn't really what I really wanted..." Kuzzter muttered to himself, then called back. "Thank you, dear!"

:D

16 hours ago, Just Jim said:

"Smile, Geo," Kuzzter called over. "For tomorrow we may poof..."

Makes me think of a song...

Actually this was taken from the phrase: Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we die... :0.0:

Yeah, we've all had to do this...be as calm as possible while being terrified...

Plus Werhner has a little of that "absent-minded professor" thing going... what's a little danger if there's knowledge to be had???  :)

I can't say I've been on the Forum enough to understand what the heck is going on around here any more... but FWIW I do love the hat. Hope Tex Kerman doesn't mind I seem to have borrowed his aviators. Brims on a cavalry hat don't always have to be worn snapped up :) 

1 hour ago, Kuzzter said:

I can't say I've been on the Forum enough to understand what the heck is going on around here any more... but FWIW I do love the hat. Hope Tex Kerman doesn't mind I seem to have borrowed his aviators. Brims on a cavalry hat don't always have to be worn snapped up :) 

I would love to use the CAV hat, if I can find a modder to make one... :)

As for the story... I can catch you up if you want... send me a pm where you left off... 

3 hours ago, DualDesertEagle said:

Those repulsors are a fun thing to play with, aren't they? :D

Yeah and no... it's like trying to drive an air-hockey puck!  :confused:

But they do make incredible screenshots!!  :D

Edited by Just Jim

12 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Yeah and no... it's like trying to drive an air-hockey puck!  :confused:

But they do make incredible screenshots!!  :D

Well at slow speeds ur gonna need RCS to keep them under control, but at high speed having rudders on top and on the bottom of the craft (and both front and aft) makes them drivable almost like a car.

Just finished reading the new chapter. Great stuff and crammed full of user references. I've seen those gravioli hover motors somewhere before, perhaps I installed the mod way back in an early version of the game. Anyway, great chapter! Just an off topic question, do you ever intend to incorporate the SSTV beacon hill easter egg on Duna into any part of the story?

On 12/27/2017 at 5:08 AM, DualDesertEagle said:

Well at slow speeds ur gonna need RCS to keep them under control, but at high speed having rudders on top and on the bottom of the craft (and both front and aft) makes them drivable almost like a car.

Oh, krap... like Luke's land-speeder in the first movie... It wouldn't necessarily look like one, but it would essentially drive like a speeder!!!  Awwww, man, I hadn't considered that! I have to try that later, thanks!

8 hours ago, The Dunatian said:

Just finished reading the new chapter. Great stuff and crammed full of user references. I've seen those gravioli hover motors somewhere before, perhaps I installed the mod way back in an early version of the game. Anyway, great chapter! Just an off topic question, do you ever intend to incorporate the SSTV beacon hill easter egg on Duna into any part of the story?

Ya know, it's funny, I was just talking to a good friend yesterday about Duna. Right now I have no real reason to go back... But I would still love to find a way to use the SSTV signal, and maybe the giant face... :wink:

Edited by Just Jim

4 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Oh, krap... like Luke's land-speeder in the first movie... It wouldn't necessarily look like one, but it would essentially drive like a speeder!!!  Awwww, man, I hadn't considered that! I have to try that later, thanks!

Ya know, it's funny, I was just talking to a good friend yesterday about Duna. Right now I have no real reason to go back... But I would still love to find a way to use the SSTV signal, and maybe the giant face... :wink:

Well as far as I know u could even have vertical control surfaces hidden inside the body and they would still work, so I guess u COULD make it look like Luke's Landspeeder if u really wanted. U may wanna install tweakscale tho, I don't think the engine pods are 0.625 meters in diameter...

Meanwhile I'm sending plane after plane and their pilots to their doom coz it's just WAY too much fun to play around with BDArmory. (Insert evil smiling kerbal here)

47 minutes ago, DualDesertEagle said:

Meanwhile I'm sending plane after plane and their pilots to their doom coz it's just WAY too much fun to play around with BDArmory. (Insert evil smiling kerbal here)

I hear ya... I can't deny I had a little too much fun a couple weeks ago with that Destroy the KSC challenge.... :D

Ah Hotel California! During football, the coaches would play music over the sound system, and every day I heard that song. Brings back memories..

Also, I just heard Sweet Caroline on the radio (We're on the way home from Florida) and I almost laughed out loud thinking about that song in Emiko..

Just an idea...

On 12/31/2017 at 11:25 AM, DarkOwl57 said:

Also, I just heard Sweet Caroline on the radio (We're on the way home from Florida) and I almost laughed out loud thinking about that song in Emiko..

Sweet Em-I-Koooo... dun dun dun....

Wow, that really does work!!!  :cool:

Hey, Happy New Year everyone!!!

21 hours ago, Just Jim said:

I was thinking:

"Let them eat cake!"  :sticktongue:

hehehe

I remember everythingeven things like this:sticktongue:

Spoiler

Actually, I had completely forgotten about this until I read Just Jim's post because this was years ago. Normally I wouldn't remember something like this except that I thought it was so funny the first time I saw it.

It's been almost two weeks, I suppose I should do a quick update. Even with all the holiday madness, I've got a whole bunch of stuff done, guessing maybe 2/3rds or so for the next chapter... I think? I'm not sure because I haven't really decided where to end this one...  :rolleyes:

Here's one of the screenshots... not really a teaser, I just thought it looked cool.  :cool:

E5u3bOR.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.