The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

9 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Naaa... he's been in a pretty good mood lately...

Then again... maybe too good???  :huh:

Or perhaps deliberate misdirection from the author cuz it hits too close to the truth! :sticktongue: Thompberry is a flarping genius, after all, what with his hover... thingies and EMP’s. I’m sure he could figure out how to purée and electronically analyze tacos! He’s probably seen Robocop, after all. 

21 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Or perhaps deliberate misdirection from the author cuz it hits too close to the truth! :sticktongue: Thompberry is a flarping genius, after all, what with his hover... thingies and EMP’s. I’m sure he could figure out how to purée and electronically analyze tacos! He’s probably seen Robocop, after all. 

I'm sure that's it, and not something truly bizarre hiding behind the tall grass, waiting to sneak in and snatch some more... right under Thompberry's nose, so to speak... 

46fB4VY.png

8 minutes ago, Geschosskopf said:

No, the RatSquirrelFish a horrid, overly amorous mutant abomination featuring repeatedly in @CatastrophicFailure's wonder fanfic Kraken trilogy.

Oh, wait... that's right! I knew I saw it before somewhere... just a little scatterbrained today.

14 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

GREAT SCOTT! 

Thompberry is... is... in league with grass-hiding my little ponies! Truly, his deviousness knows no bounds! /melodrama  :confused:

My Little Thompberry???  :huh:

18 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

GREAT SCOTT! 

Thompberry is... is... in league with grass-hiding my little ponies! Truly, his deviousness knows no bounds! /melodrama  :confused:

Can't have melodrama without bounds.  It's only by breaching them that the villain earns the traditional music from the piano and hisses from the audience upon his entry on-stage :) 

3 minutes ago, Geschosskopf said:

Can't have melodrama without bounds.  It's only by breaching them that the villain earns the traditional music from the piano and hisses from the audience upon his entry on-stage :) 

I have to write that one down... :wink:

On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 9:30 AM, Just Jim said:

Chapter 66
Welcome to Belladonna Cove

(A brief introduction)

Shhhhhhhhhh........ everyone is now sleeping. At the KASA space center, the entire staff had stopped what they were doing while they awaited word on Werhner von Kerman's condition. And as the news spread that he would survive, exhaustion soon followed and overcame pretty much everyone. Emiko desperately wanted to go see Werhner, but she knew what he needed most right now was rest, and so she also tried to get some sleep and hopefully look her best for him when he did regain consciousness.

pvBbJyV.png

The only one who wasn't sleeping was Thompberry Kerman, who really didn't require much in the way of sleep, and was busy sifting thru all the accumulated data he had received from the Eagle lander before it exploded, and not liking what he was finding... not at all. And the more he examined those final micro-seconds before the disaster, the more he began to wonder, and to fear, that somehow, as impossible as it seemed, he may have been responsible for the disaster after all.

A1Dtxgw.png

And finally, after an arduous and incredible journey thru both time and space, the abducted Emiko Kerman has also finally fallen asleep, and is dreaming of her home world. Tomorrow her adventure on this strange and alien world begins.

iuPGkv0.png

Ahhhh... A time of dreaming such as this, when the whole universe seems to sleep at once, is rare indeed, and allows myself, your humble narrator, to whisper thru the walls of reality and impart unto you, my dear readers, knowledge that must now be shared.

First and most important, it is obvious that abducted Emiko Kerman is now in another game galaxy entirely, a galaxy known as The Sims2 The Milky Way. Let it be known now and for all time that the Forum Moderators Great and Benevolent Lords of the Known Universe have been watching down upon these events, and are curious themselves to see how a charming, intelligent Kerbal, one of the most beloved races in the universe, will survive being stranded on what has to be one of the most.... unique.... alien planets known to exist.

The walls of dreaming already begin to fade... I must be quick. The Saucer Aliens have left Emiko in a place called Belladonna Cove; a place not found on any map, where strange things have been known to occur in the shadows. This place, Belladonna Cove, and it's surrounding villages, is also populated by over 50 Completely Canon well known and venerable families. 

But I must warn you, my dear readers, that things are not what they seem in Belladonna Cove, and poor abducted Emiko has been thrust into events that... that..... 

Oh no, I've fear I have spoken to long... the sun is rising and Emiko is about to awaken. Farewell, dear readers. We will not speak again.

aVpdfL8.png

The Strange Tale of Emiko Kerman is about to continue....

On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 10:11 PM, The solid fuel chemist said:

Oh deer. I'm now picturing a giant terrestrial octopus raging thru a town somewhere in China. :P

Return to Index

I

I'm picturing the much smaller cuter one from 'Finding Dory'...

I wondered why I've been so moved....^_^.  The sf books I grew up reading...the ones I liked most were about aliens, (often children as in my favourite. Alexander Key's book "The Forgotten Door") lost on Earth, befriending special humans who are able to look beyond the differences...

Later these were supplemented by Zenna Henderson's two books collecting her stories of "The People".

Reading about Emiko on Earth takes me back to those. :lol:

15 hours ago, Crystal_Mace said:

I wondered why I've been so moved....^_^.  The sf books I grew up reading...the ones I liked most were about aliens, (often children as in my favourite. Alexander Key's book "The Forgotten Door") lost on Earth, befriending special humans who are able to look beyond the differences...

Later these were supplemented by Zenna Henderson's two books collecting her stories of "The People".

Reading about Emiko on Earth takes me back to those. :lol:

Thank you!!!

And again, welcome back!!!  :)

Hmmm, it's been 3 weeks, I probably should do a quick update. As of this evening I'm about 80-90% done with the next chapter...including sorting them out... and hopefully I'll get the last screenshots wrapped up tomorrow. A few are going to need some serious Photoshopping, but most of that is already done as well.

The only thing I'm really still working out is part of the dialog, which is going to be... well... different. 

Until then, here's a couple fun screenshots I just did... :D

Spoiler

Emiko, having discovered some of her tacos are missing, is now in "Murder-poof Mystery" mode, and interrogating the rest of the crew...

"So," Emiko tried to keep a serious face. "Where were Bill and Fayray on the night of last night???"

iDMP54h.png

nkc31ZP.png

Now all she needs is a duster and an office with her name on the door.

EDIT: Now I have this image of Emiko as the protagonist of a hard-boiled noir detective story stuck in my head.
"Where is murder-poof boss man?"     "I d... don't know!"      "WHERE?"      "Aaaah! Fine, fine, I'll tell you everything I know!"

Edited by IncongruousGoat

2 hours ago, IncongruousGoat said:

Now all she needs is a duster and an office with her name on the door.

EDIT: Now I have this image of Emiko as the protagonist of a hard-boiled noir detective story stuck in my head.
"Where is murder-poof boss man?"     "I d... don't know!"      "WHERE?"      "Aaaah! Fine, fine, I'll tell you everything I know!"

Then cue a scene with a sultry sax overdub... and a grilled cheese with a problem. <_<

9 hours ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Then cue a scene with a sultry sax overdub... and a grilled cheese with a problem. <_<

and a grilled cheese with a problem. <_<

grilled cheese

*Super Bowl add plays in my head of Gordon Ramsey berating someone for not knowing how to make a Grilled cheese sandwich*

22 minutes ago, DarkOwl57 said:

*Super Bowl add plays in my head of Gordon Ramsey berating someone for not knowing how to make a Grilled cheese sandwich*

I saw that, and it was great! Something along the lines of:

"What do you mean you can't make a grilled cheese sandwich??? It's name is the recipe!!! <bleep>!!!"

Edited by Just Jim

3 hours ago, Just Jim said:

I saw that, and it was great! Something along the lines of:

"What do you mean you can't make a grilled cheese sandwich??? It's name is the recipe!!! <bleep>!!!"

that and the "Alexa, play some country music" bit. I can even forgive the use of my 2 least favorite music genres in this ad, because of how funny it was. 

Emiko and crew are near some warm water. Her tacos are missing. Jim lives on the Gulf Coast of Florida... I'm betting it was this guy:

manatee-jpeg.jpg

Edited by Torgo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.