The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

7 minutes ago, DarkOwl57 said:

*Silently wonders when we're going back to Earth to finish the backstory*

*Realizes the backstory probably finished*

No... at least 2 more backstory chapters to tie everything back together.... and probably real soon.  :wink:

Edited by Just Jim

2 hours ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

You.. You.. You played 80s rock in your chapter???!!!

Oh, I love you. 

7 minutes ago, obney kerman said:

I noticed that too!

Seventies... a few of my favorites from High School...  :wink:

Edited by Just Jim

1 minute ago, Angel-125 said:

The visuals are really great! For a moment I thought Emiko was going on an acid trip. :) And Bill and Fayray are in looooove, though I kept reading her name as "Faraday." :)

Maybe the next chapter should be "Magic Carpet Ride" :cool:

Oh, and what's bad, Bill is silly-goofy in love... the grossest and sickest type of love there is...

30 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

The visuals are really great! For a moment I thought Emiko was going on an acid trip.

28 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

Maybe the next chapter should be "Magic Carpet Ride" :cool:

I may use that down the road... lol.

They are a little trippy, but what I wanted was something totally different and more alien than the visions Geschosskopf and Werhner experienced.

This is more like a telepathic version of an ancestral memory from 1000 years ago... apparently passed down from generation to generation. I wanted something to really drive that home... so I went a little nuts with some of the Photoshop filters. :wink:

30 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

And Bill and Fayray are in looooove, though I kept reading her name as "Faraday." :)

No... Fayray.... as in Fay Wray!!!   :wink:

Edited by Just Jim

1 hour ago, Just Jim said:

No... Fayray.... as in Fay Wray!!!   :wink:

Yeah, I got that. Which made me think:

"....Then something went wrong

For Fay Wray and King Kong

They got caught in a celluloid jam

Then at a deadly pace

It came from Outer Space..."

I'm surprised Emiko didn't go see "Rocky Horror" when she was on Earth.  Or maybe she did...? :D 

Edited by Geschosskopf

25 minutes ago, Geschosskopf said:

I'm surprised Emiko didn't go see "Rocky Horror" when she was on Earth.  Or maybe she did...? :D 

Oh, man... who could @Just Jim get to be the main character for a cross-over... This could be fun to have someone play this iconic role:

Spoiler

8 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

Oh, man... who could @Just Jim get to be the main character for a cross-over... This could be fun to have someone play this iconic role:

Oh, come on!!! This is SOOOO easy!

If I write in a tribute, and now I'm tempted, it would have to be Chibi and Emiko hosting a midnight madness party... we're way too far into the backstory to go there now...

But if the girls did throw a kerbal style midnight madness party... then there is only one mad, evil genius really fit to play the part of Frank N. Furter!!!

Spoiler

xwn0hdx.png

Don't tempt me further... I will make it work... lmao...  :D

Edited by Just Jim

1 hour ago, Geschosskopf said:

32 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

Oh, come on... DO IT!

Awww man, I hate both of you right now!!!  :sticktongue:

(just kidding...)

I tried switching over to regular TV for a little while... but I found myself thinking of who the rest of the cast would be... :confused:

21 minutes ago, IncongruousGoat said:

So... we have an elderly mad scientist type named Rick. But does he have a grandson named Morty?

About that... maybe... we'll see.

Dr. Rick actually came with @Azimech's ground-station challenge, which I added in a few chapters ago. And Dr. Rick is supposed to be named after Rick & Morty... yes... but I'm not sure yet how much will bleed through yet.

11 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Not long ago my good friend and fellow author @Geschosskopf added a wonderful new element to his writings, and to the Kerbal fan-fiction multi-verse....

Conscription? Dissections? (Vivisections?) Gratuitous explosions? No, those have been there the whole time..... 

“But..." Bill hesitated, then his voice dropped to a low whisper... "What about... the Pony-People???"

Oh. 

"Unfortunately, this region is mostly unexplored....”

Perhaps for most folks. For some of us it’s a rather well known and, shall we say Fortunate, spot. Just as Emiko is fortunate to be all in one piece. The Kerbin Badlands are not to be travelled lightly. Though I don’t seem to remember ever encountering any ponies Laytheans. Very interesting. 

Oooh a new chapter. Nice. Well written as usual. Too young for the references though....

I reminded myself also halfway through that this was originally about space. Not complaining or anything... but this has taken a far turn from the original chapters.

All I care about is reading the next chapter ASAP.

U need one of those devices that freeze time for everyone except urself (like the one Bart Simpson used) so that u can take all the time u want but for us it's just a blink of an eye until the next chapter. 

6 hours ago, qzgy said:

I reminded myself also halfway through that this was originally about space. Not complaining or anything... but this has taken a far turn from the original chapters.

Well.... I could make the argument that KSP is also about rovers, and this part is "technically" two official challenges (The Groundstation challenge and Elcano challenge)... and I can write about whatever I want...

I could argue all that... But I'm not going to.  :D

Truth is, I agree with you, it's been long enough, and I want to back off-planet as well. I'm going to try and wrap up the road-trip in the next chapter, and get onto other things. 

6 hours ago, Cydonian Monk said:

Perhaps for most folks. For some of us it’s a rather well known and, shall we say Fortunate, spot. Just as Emiko is fortunate to be all in one piece. The Kerbin Badlands are not to be travelled lightly. Though I don’t seem to remember ever encountering any ponies Laytheans. Very interesting. 

Oh, you must be speaking of a different badlands... lol.... :D

Edited by Just Jim

On January 18, 2016 at 9:11 PM, Just Jim said:

-snip-

"PIPSQUEAK???" 

Howls of rage ripped across her helmet speakers as she watched the shuttle and it's cargo of nearly pure iron rip thru the kraken like it was toy.

The Saga of Emiko Station is far, far from over.....

-snip-

Toy?

Edited by TheKSPBeginner
forgot a snippity

2 hours ago, Zhetaan said:

@Just Jim:  I thought the telepathy-vision-dream sequence was very reminiscent of the SSTV signal from Duna.  In any case, it was quite nicely done--I don't even want to guess at how much time you had to spend on it to get it right.

Agreed.

Also, Quick question, Where did Thompberry's Gurgling go?

18 minutes ago, Starslinger999 said:

Agreed.

Also, Quick question, Where did Thompberry's Gurgling go?

OK, this is the easy one...

I don't remember which chapter off-hand, but he stopped when Kerenna Kerman exposed him for faking the gurgling sounds. 

2 hours ago, Zhetaan said:

In any case, it was quite nicely done--I don't even want to guess at how much time you had to spend on it to get it right.

A lot! These were, by far, the most time consuming screenshots to date.

First thing I did, before anything else, was to reach out to a couple Kopernicus experts about adding trees and grass to Laythe...

Yeah... :confused:

While it's possible, I'm no-where near that experienced yet... So I fell back to plan-B. I made spare copy of the game (to be safe), then I used HyperEdit to swap Kerbin and Laythe's orbits... which took a couple tries, but I finally got right. I also re-positioned Vall and Tylo so they'd show up side by side where I needed them to be.

Then I used HyperEdit again to move the Laytheans and Emiko to an island that looked about right, and took the screenshots...

Once I had some that looked right, I used Photoshop to add layered grain and blur effects, and to layer in the transparent Kraken images in the sky.... FYI... Kraken image I made several years ago (It's a Cthulhu tribute)

Lastly, for the very last screenshot, I added in a layer with the image of Badie, taken from one of the backstory screenshots.

I think that's everything...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.