The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

13 hours ago, qzgy said:

Too young for the references though....

Sorry, I almost forgot to answer this. Here are the 5 songs mentioned in this last chapter, in order:

Pink Floyd: Echoes

Kansas: Dust In The Wind

Don McLean: American Pie

Pink Floyd; Wish You Were Here

And last... but far, far from least,

Miss Judy Garland: Over The Rainbow 

This is who Badie Noir actually sounds like... :wink:

Enjoy!  :cool:

Edited by Just Jim

3 hours ago, Just Jim said:

OK, this is the easy one...

I don't remember which chapter off-hand, but he stopped when Kerenna Kerman exposed him for faking the gurgling sounds. 

Oh. Ok then! :P

Me to me: THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING!

Edited by Starslinger999

8 minutes ago, KAL 9000 said:

That. Was. Amazing.

My only complaint is that the aliens look like My Little Pony characters, but if that's the only mod for it, I suppose it's unavoidable...

Nope, both @Geschosskopf and I have looked everywhere, and the MLP mod is the only one that is totally alien from Kerbals. There used to be one for Minions, but I couldn't find it. If there had been something available, I might have used that instead. But I looked everywhere I could think, and NADA...

But I'm telling ya... if any mod-makers are reading this and want to do something a little different... I would LOVE another "Alien" race mod, or three, to play with! And I'm pretty sure I'm not the only writer... 

Oh, and thank you... glad you liked it! :D

Edited by Just Jim

3 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

But I'm telling ya... if any mod-makers are reading this and want to do something a little different... I would LOVE another "Alien" race mod, or three, to play with! And I'm pretty sure I'm not the only writer... 

Well, there is This...  <_<

Spoiler

D76DeF4.png

Don’t think you could possibly get more alien than that. 

Now back to reading. :D

1 minute ago, Casualnaut said:

It is not as extreme as it should be.

DEATH TO MY LITTLE PONY!

OK... calm down... didn't you read the last chapter??? Didn't you hear Emiko say quite specifically...

"Not Ponies!!! NOT!!!"

7pgSwfv.png

Don't make her smack you with her guitar... lmao.... 

3 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Well, there is This...  <_<

Reveal hidden contents

D76DeF4.png

Don’t think you could possibly get more alien than that. 

Now back to reading. :D

Oh man... the horror!!!  

CAN'T. NOT. HEAR. IT. LIKE. THIS!

PONY PEOPLE!

:D

Also:

1e94aa75b17abcad492585c703b159a6c87ec78f

I have the strangest craving for a pink cookie from the coffee hut now...

Not that it's in anyway related to this. I always have a craving for a pink cookie from the coffee hut.

Yet another awesome "What will he do next?" chapter! 

And as usual... the plot thickens. ^_^

30 minutes ago, Draconiator said:

AHHHHHH!!!  THEY'RE GOING TO TURN ALL OF THE KERBALS INTO BRONIES!!

No... won't happen.

However... I won't deny I'm a bit of a Bronie... but, hey, I have a daughter, come on! I've also watched each and every Sailor Moon episode, and all the movies... and a bunch of other cartoons. My current new favorite is Star Butterfly... What a whack job!!!  :confused:

Soooo... I promise these won't be Ponies... They're Laytheans... 

But every now and then I may sneak in something for any closet Bronies that might be out there...

In fact, I already did.. three times... :wink:

27 minutes ago, 0111narwhalz said:

I'll admit, I don't really understand the vitriol directed towards bronies.

I don't either... I found the newest series quite funny, actually. Reminds me a lot of Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends... I think a few of the writers and animators might be the same.

1 hour ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

PLATYPEOPAAAAAAAAAL! dundundun dundundundun... :sticktongue:

I hate to say this...

But if some crazy mad-scientist modder made them... well... :rolleyes:

No... won't happen.

Yeah, that's more a threat in my story :)

However... I won't deny I'm a bit of a Bronie... but, hey, I have a daughter, come on! I've also watched each and every Sailor Moon episode, and all the movies... and a bunch of other cartoons. My current new favorite is Star Butterfly... What a whack job!!!  :confused:

I'm no fan of any modern kid cartoon (I even had to google "Brony") but I have seen many because for a generation (now going on 2) I've been the family babysitter.  I have no kids of my own and my job gives me days off during the week, so what do you expect?  Siblings have always and now niblings are starting to dump their pre-school kids on me from time to time, which has forced me to watch (and re-watch) lots of modern juvenile cartoons.  Somewhat surprisingly, none of them has ever wanted to watch MLP, so I'm totally ignorant of that show.  Still, having done multiple tours in Teletubbiestan, I feel your pain :wink: 

I try to cast such shows spin-offs of universal animistic myths.  This sometimes gets the kids outside where we can do more interesting things than watching TV, such as learning to read the jungle and understand the chatter of its inhabitants.

1 hour ago, 0111narwhalz said:

I'll admit, I don't really understand the vitriol directed towards bronies.

Me neither.  Matrilineal descent is fairly common in human history and was traditional in the ancestry of many reading this forum.  In such societies, a man was expected to take a greater interest in rearing daughters and nieces than is the norm in patrilineal societies.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.