The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

On 4/26/2018 at 10:48 AM, Zhetaan said:

I'm fairly certain that mention of other star-bound games is heresy.

At the risk of breaking that rule by oblique mention of another such game, that's heresy, not HERESY.

Um... What? What does that mean?

13 minutes ago, Garibaldi2257 said:

He isn't the only one.  It IS the proper spelling after all.  I have to labour not to hit people that spell things with the wrong flavour of english. ;)

Me too. Grr...

On 4/26/2018 at 7:33 AM, HeronRocketry said:

Wait, is this bug the one that caused my mun base’s legs to disappear? Or the one that broke the landing legs on my suborbital flight?

<music sting>

On 4/25/2018 at 10:17 PM, Just Jim said:

That's actually not half bad... but then I'd also have to explain why it stopped when the patch drops.

I'm fine waiting for the patch like everyone else. :)

The Krakens probably got bored with the insignificant action of... wobbling landing struts <music sting fading>

10 hours ago, Garibaldi2257 said:

He isn't the only one.  It IS the proper spelling after all.  I have to labour not to hit people that spell things with the wrong flavour of english. ;)

Yes. And Just Jim is the Authour of Emiko Station, and the colour of Emiko’s suit is pink and grey.

31 minutes ago, HansonKerman said:

Can we stop talking about this now, please?

Agreed... best we not get too far off-topic.

31 minutes ago, HansonKerman said:

Also, how do you make the Krakens have white eyes? Mods?

No, Photoshop. I would love a mod that could take the pupils out, but none exist to my knowledge. So I do it the hard way and use a combination of clone/stamp and blur tools in Photoshop to remove them and make the eyes all white. It's a little time consuming, but I've done so many now I've gotten fast at converting them. 

Edited by Just Jim

57 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

No, Photoshop. I would love a mod that could take the pupils out, but none exist to my knowledge. So I do it the hard way and use a combination of clone/stamp and blur tools in Photoshop to remove them and make the eyes all white. It's a little time consuming, but I've done so many now I've gotten fast at converting them. 

Try KAS (Kerbal Animation Suite). You could try turning the pupils backwards into the heads. I've tried it, doesn't work for me, but I'm sure that it's just because I'm er... not as smart as most with KASu.

55 minutes ago, HeronRocketry said:

Are we just going to ignore what happens with P&F?

No... but we can't make the discussion just about them, either, or we stand a chance of attracting the attention of the moderators.

4 hours ago, SchwinnTropius said:

Not a lot creeps me out, and the eyes that Jim creates for the Krakens creep me out.

I know, right??? Me, too!

I am still in awe of how just a simple little change make's them go from utterly adorable to really, really creepy!

PrmMZ4a.png

4 hours ago, Just Jim said:

TextureReplacer can do that. All you have to do is remove the pupils on a copy of the texture and switch them to that, if you arent already doing that.

1 minute ago, DeltaDizzy said:

TextureReplacer can do that. All you have to do is remove the pupils on a copy of the texture and switch them to that, if you arent already doing that.

No, the eyes aren't part of the head image... I've tried. Unless they're somewhere else besides the heads folder. I can change the skin tone and hair color, but I've never been able to find the actual eyes. Am I missing something? I'm open to any suggestions.

1 hour ago, DeltaDizzy said:

let me look and see if I have TRR on any of my installs.

Let me know. I've been using the older texture replacer, and i was thinking of checking out TRR, but the one I'm using just updated. But if TRR has a way to remove or change the color of the eyes, I may still look into it. Thanks

2 hours ago, DeltaDizzy said:

P.S. I got the Platypus basically done

NICE!!! :D

The only thing is I see is I used the undercarrage piece with the slanted edge in front. If you hit a bump or hill too fast the squared corner might hit the ground and explode.

Beautiful job with the lights... they look like an exact match.

10 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Let me know. I've been using the older texture replacer, and i was thinking of checking out TRR, but the one I'm using just updated. But if TRR has a way to remove or change the color of the eyes, I may still look into it. Thanks

NICE!!! :D

The only thing is I see is I used the undercarrage piece with the slanted edge in front. If you hit a bump or hill too fast the squared corner might hit the ground and explode.

Beautiful job with the lights... they look like an exact match.

Aw thanks! The only problem ive encountered so far is that when I take a kerbal on EVA, the screen goes black. Its probably an issue with KS3P though, so I'll have to sort that out later.

6 minutes ago, DeltaDizzy said:

Aw thanks! The only problem ive encountered so far is that when I take a kerbal on EVA, the screen goes black. Its probably an issue with KS3P though, so I'll have to sort that out later.

Oh wow... I've never encountered anything like that... but I don't use KS3P.

The only thing I see missing is mine has (had) a TST chem-cam on the top front, but I don't know if you're using that mod or not.

Edited by Just Jim

Just now, Just Jim said:

Oh wow... I've never encountered anything like that... but I don't use KS3P.

The only thing I see missing is mine has (had) a TST chem-cam on the top front, but I don't know if you're using that mod or not.

Oh thats what that was!

No I dont use TST, since I mostly play sandbox and I use Cacteye for the deep space pictures.

Just now, DeltaDizzy said:

Oh thats what that was!

No I dont use TST, since I mostly play sandbox and I use Cacteye for the deep space pictures.

yeah, but I blew it up a couple chapters ago... so it's still accurate without one... :lol:

1 minute ago, Mrcarrot said:

I, too, have decided to make replicas...

screenshot5.png

I'll probably also make his antigrav craft... that is, if I can find the mod for the antigrav stuff...

He looks about right!

The anti-grav lifters come from kerbal foundries, but there are also parts from a couple other mods. I'll try to remember to make a list for you tomorrow.

Also... that anti-grav craft is not easy to maneuver. It's beautiful eye-candy... but not terribly useful.

4 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

parts from a couple other mods

Buffalo, Pathfinder, Surface Lights from what I can tell...

I did, however, take my own suggestion and upgrade Thompberry...

screenshot6.png

Almost appears to have an evil smile, doesn't he?

Edited by Mrcarrot

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.