The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

40 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

It's that the ship (and boats) were such an absolute beast to design, test, build, fly, assemble in orbit, debug through subsequent KSP versions, etc, etc, that I wouldn't expect anyone else to voluntarily go through it!

Ahhhh, yes... but this is also what makes it such a tempting challenge... It's arguably one of the most complex and difficult fan-fiction ships to try and reproduce. ;)

Edited by Just Jim

23 hours ago, Kuzzter said:

Hmmm....

Hey, I think I'll spend the next six months of my life duplicating @Kuzzter's KSS Intrepid, with all its probes and a complete air wing!

...said no one, ever :P 

Heh, while you were still launching it, I was trying to make a cheap knockoff! My computer died when I tried to launch it, and then after I simplified it I could barely launch it and it was totally uncontrollable and my only hope was to go meet the moon and get a hell orbit until I can be refuelled. Eventually I ended up killing the ship by docking something wrong and somehow clipping somethings, then blowing it up when undocking...

On 5/15/2018 at 7:07 PM, Just Jim said:

Ahhhh, yes... but this is also what makes it such a tempting challenge... It's arguably one of the most complex and difficult fan-fiction ships to try and reproduce. ;)

I involuntarily read this in Wherner von Kerman's voice. Mixed with a French teenage girl.

Do I still get to keep my table, though?

Edited by HansonKerman

OK.... I just stumbled across this, and it's hilarious... and surprisingly on-topic...

I don't want this to turn into an argument whether it's right or wrong... or where it came from... I just find it ironically funny, considering Emiko Station's overall plot...

It's an article arguing octopuses (Krakens!!!) didn't actually evolve on Earth, but came from Outer Space... lmao!!!

I KNEW IT!!!!!!  :D

Too Funny!!! Enjoy the irony!!!

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2018/05/18/are-octopuses-alien-new-theory-argues-earth-was-seeded-by-interstellar-genetic-code.html

Edited by Just Jim

On 5/18/2018 at 9:46 AM, Just Jim said:

OK.... I just stumbled across this, and it's hilarious... and surprisingly on-topic...

I don't want this to turn into an argument whether it's right or wrong... or where it came from... I just find it ironically funny, considering Emiko Station's overall plot...

It's an article arguing octopuses (Krakens!!!) didn't actually evolve on Earth, but came from Outer Space... lmao!!!

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2018/05/18/are-octopuses-alien-new-theory-argues-earth-was-seeded-by-interstellar-genetic-code.html

Huh. Ronic.

Edited by HansonKerman

6 hours ago, obney kerman said:

The most on topic but also off topic post since the great debate of gun recoil in space over on Kerbfleet.

I'm tellin' ya! And the great gun recoil debate was the stuff of KSP legend!!!  hehehehe  :D

But I saw this headline... somewhere... this morning... I'm not even sure now where I saw it. I just clicked on it, read the first couple sentences, and started laughing! Not at whether it's believable or not, but at how perfectly it fits into what I'm writing!

Krakens came from outer space... we were right all along!!!  <_<

Edited by Just Jim

On 5/18/2018 at 8:46 AM, Just Jim said:

Wow, this is epic... and the thing is, @Just Jim, you can even use this as more tie-in to your back story. I can actually see it now... what if Earth's oceans are the new galactic nursery for... Krakens!

On 7/19/2016 at 10:28 AM, Just Jim said:

But now that you bring it up, I hadn't really given much thought as to where his body ended up...  and I think maybe I should...  :wink:

Continuing my super-long-ago-post-quote-quest-thing, isn't Thompberry's body inside Omega-77? And shouldn't Omega be on Bop, still?

4 minutes ago, HansonKerman said:

Continuing my super-long-ago-post-quote-quest-thing, isn't Thompberry's body inside Omega-77? And shouldn't Omega be on Bop, still?

It should be... but in this story, things are often far different from how they should be.

On 5/18/2018 at 6:46 AM, Just Jim said:

Making sure everyone is clear on this: Octupodes are not from outer space. Do not attempt to capture one and place it in a rocket so krakens see the rocket as their kind. 

Seriously, though: They need to find a stranded baby kraken and use it for something.

Proof Octupodes are not aliens:

https://www.popsci.com/octopus-aliens

"If happy little bluebirds fly
Beyond the rainbow
Why, oh why can't I?"

"Over the Rainbow" as performed by Judy Garland

Chapter 95
Intents and Purposes

Flee... Flee... for the demons rain fire... FLEEEE!!!

Over and over she heard it in her nightmares... the silent screams of millions... murder-poofed in an instant... an entire culture ceases to exist...

FLEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

A million souls inside her mind... screaming... NOTHING!!!

"Please, Goddess, make me stone...."

FLEEEEEE!!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then the screams stop, and the singing starts again... and Emiko drifts back into a merciful sleep....

"Somewhere,
Over the Rainbow..."

For three days and nights poor Emiko drifted from dream to nightmare and back... three days of watching the same horrific scene over and over... Until one evening she finally realized she was awake, but for a long while she just laid in her bunk, and tried her best to understand what had actually occurred... Or had it???

xGy0WbH.png

Then she heard what sounded sounded like a snack box being opened, and slowly, agonizingly, Emiko climbed out of her bunk, and staggered up to her seat in the front of the Platypus, where her best friend Chibi was waiting patiently with a fresh box of snacks.

"Welcome back, dear," Chibi smiled.

"Thanks..." Emiko muttered, still trying her best to clear her head... "Emiko had the weirdest dream..."

7zr6g8D.png

But then Emiko's vision cleared a bit more, and she realized they weren't in the badlands anymore...

"Where???" she whispered. 

"Heading home," Chibi answered softly. "Emiko... sweety... I have to tell you something. You... You've been sleeping for three days.

"What???" Emiko gasped horsey. "How long was Emiko sleeping???"

"A little over three days, dear," Chibi paused a second, then decided it was best to tell her everything. "Three days after our ... new friends... brought you back to the camp."

"WHAT???? Emiko gasped louder, then fell into a coughing fit for a second before continuing... "Chibi saying... Laytheans were... real?"

"Slow down, dear," Chibi reached over and handed Emiko a drink. "Breath... breath... there ya go. That's better. And yes, they are quite real."

"Emiko thought she dreamed them."

"No, they brought you back, in fact... and Emiko???" Chibi paused again... "They're in the back, right now... They... they came along with us."

xNKDwSB.png

"Then... it was all true..." Emiko started to cry softly... "Laytheans all murder-poofed... by that.... that..."

"Don't say it's name..." Chibi frowned. "I know who... what... you mean."

"The Laytheans... well... does Chibi know what happened?"

"Only bits and pieces," Chibi shrugged. "They're telepaths, aren't they? Real ones... not just a species that turned telepathic... they don't even have a spoken language, do they?"

"Emiko doesn't think so," Emiko replied softly, still feeling woozy and drained, even after three days of sleep. "Very hard to understand."

"Yes, they are," Chibi shook her head. "I've been trying... but it's so hard to piece together, and no-one else can get near them without getting... well... really, really sick."

"Sick?" Emiko was confused. "Why? Laytheans not do something? Totally peaceful..."

"No, no, nothing like that," Chibi shook her head again. "More like... Well, your friend Piper, she got it the worst."

"Oh, no," Emiko whispered, knowing Piper's fiery personality. "What happened?"

"Well, we were getting ready to come after you when your friends showed up, carrying you back to the camp... And Piper, she takes one look, and goes running up, screaming bloody murder and demanding an explanation..."

"That sounds like Piper," Emiko smiled weakly.

"But then the strangest thing happened," Chibi continued. "When she got about 10 meters or so from the... Laytheans??? Is that how it's pronounced? Anyway, Piper got abut 10 meters from them, and suddenly doubled over!"

"Laytheans... do something to Piper?" Emiko asked again.

"No... well... yes and no," Chibi tried to explain. "Piper told us later she wasn't attacked... they were just trying to communicate. But it hit Piper so hard, and so fast, she described it like... well... if I remember right she said it was like being motion sick on a high-G turn, after a night of binging on bad champagne and sea bugs..."

"Ohhhh... ouch!" Emiko couldn't help but chuckle weakly at Piper's characteristically colorful description. "Emiko thinks she knows how Piper feels..."

"I bet..." Chibi laughed softly, then continued. "Anyway, once she got to her feet, Piper was able to understand, more or less, that their intentions were actually quite peaceful, and lead the group back to our camp. That was three days ago."

QRWSOcZ.png

"But... Emiko and Chibi and everyone are going home???" Emiko was still really confused. "What about scientists???"

"Yes... well..." Chibi hesitated... then reached over and hit her intercom button. "Hey, Val? Your grandmother is awake."

"What?" Emiko Emiko insisted. "Chibi... what happened?"

"Sweetheart," Chibi reached over and grabbed Emiko's hand. "Something... bad... is happening. But I... I just don't know a lot of the details... I think it's best if you let Val explain."

5byBHBS.png

Outside, Val was engaged in what was becoming a routine discussion concerning the front left wheel assembly... again.

They were now at a point just over 400 kilometers east by south-east from home, having come almost due west from the badlands, but just as they thought they were going to make it, the front wheel collapsed... again.

FFv9MSd.png

"Look," Pappy snarled. "I appreciate what y'all are going through, and how bad y'all want to get home... But I'm tellin' ya right now... She ain't going another 200 meters... not without a complete rebuild."

zhcLFFy.png

"And I've worked out the distance," Bill continued. "I don't think it's going to make any real difference one way or another in terms of overall time if we stay on land or swim... except Pappy's right, we won't make it by land."

xYdJx0S.png

pp2w6gG.png

"So you both agree it will be faster in the long run to just swim the rest of the way home?" Jeb asked one last time.

"Sir, with all due respect," Pappy growled. "I know you're a big, fancy, schoolboy Captain and all that... but boy, you'd be a damned fool idiot not to listen to....

"OK... OK," Jeb chuckled. "You sold me... we swim."

Vo74lIB.png

Just then Val's radio chirped, and everyone broke out in relieved smiles to hear Emiko was finally awake.

PYnSXrt.png

"If you will excuse me, gentlekerbs," Val turned towards the ladder. "I believe we are in agreement, and this matter is resolved."

"I believe we have only one choice," Jeb nodded back. "And that would be to listen to Pappy and Bob." 

"Damn right..." Pappy grabbed a nasty old unlit cigar from his pocket and stuffed it in his mouth... a sure sign he meant business, then turned to Bob. "Come on, boy, we need to eye-ball all these seals before we go anywhere."

And Val did her best not to laugh as she watched Bob go chasing after his mentor and still hero, then climbed inside and up to find her Grandmother.

JwuLdNP.png

Di56O1X.png

"Are you OK," Val asked as gently as she could as she sat down next to Emiko.

"Emiko feel like Platypus poop..." Emiko smiled weakly. "But will live..."

"I can imagine," Val smiled. "You've been through a lot."

"Val knows what happened?" Emiko frowned. "How?"

"Well, truth is Chibi and I took turns staying with you the last three days," Val paused a second, somewhat unsure how to continue. "And... well... You were crying and screaming in your sleep... a lot. And it was pretty clear what you were crying about."

ERGkDQ8.png

"Laytheans... who could have imagined..." Val was still in a slight state of shock at the revelation. "Did Chibi tell you they're aboard now?"

"Yes..." Emiko whispered. "But why?"

"That's a good question, actually," Val shook her head. "We were getting the last few things packed up, and had just put you to bed. And just as we were getting ready to leave they... they just climbed on in and went to the briefing room... and have been there ever since. Jandolin theorizes they may see you as a means to get back to Laythe... perhaps?"

"Maybe..." Emiko tried to think... "If Laytheans could see clearly in Emiko's mind, then they would know Emiko has been in space... Maybe even know about Emiko's Magic Boulder? Hard to say... but might make sense."

"It's as good a reason as any for now... but Gramiko... there's been an issue..." Val really didn't know how to tell her grandmother what had happened back at the space center, and the sudden appearance of "Acting" Grand Kerbal Samantha Kerman... and instead just handed Emiko the two printouts they had received in her absence.

"I'm sorry, Gramiko, but you... you really need to see these. We received them the night you were gone."

NDUTisv.png

kdMZkTs.png

"Sam???" Emiko felt herself growing faint again... All the time she had been back, Emiko had heard rumors of her daughters sad poofing, and accepted it with sorrow. But this... 

"Alive? How???"

"We... we're not sure," Val tried not to cry... and failed. "I honestly thought she was... gone. I tried... I promise, Gramiko, I did try and reach out to her... But she hated me... and you. And then she went underground, and we heard she had poofed... and... and..."

"It's OK, Little Tina," Emiko tried to smile. "I know... She blamed Emiko for her daddy's poof... And never forgave Emiko."

"I... I know..." Val sniffed, and tried to wipe away her tears. "And then you disappeared, and she began to hate me when I said I wanted to be an explorer like you... and maybe be the one to rescue you some day."

"Emiko... didn't know that." Emiko was trying not to cry herself now. 

"Yeah..." Val sighed hard,. "She stopped writing when I was accepted into the academy... and she... she never even came to the graduation..."

"Oh, Emiko soooo sorry," Emiko shook her head and frowned. "Emiko would have come... Little Tina knows that, right?"

"I know..." Val smiled. "But it's OK, because that's how I finally learned the truth about grandpa."

"Oh?" Emiko looked over. 

"Oh, yeah..." Val smiled. "Trust me, being head of the class... and the head-pilots girlfriend... has certain... advantages. One of which is access to the KASA records archives... which hold all the official records about grandpa's... incident. The official ones... not the half-truths mother told me when I was growing up."

Emiko nodded, but let Val continue.

"Yes... and as much as I love him... and really, really do not wish to disrespect the poofed," Val paused. "After I read the report.... Well... grandpa was careless for what he did! I'm so... so sorry, Gramiko... I know he meant well... but it was a 2-Kerb job!!! And even if he left you behind... he should have taken someone else!!! What was he thinking???

"Emiko doesn't know," Emiko sighed. "Sarazowa was so smart... but also so dedicated... and stubborn... and always had to be the first at any big discovery... probably didn't want to wait for a replacement."

Di56O1X.png

For a few minutes neither said a word, and just listened to the sound of Pappy and Bob banging away at something just out of sight below them, until Val finally broke the silence.

"Well... like I said, I read all the reports," Val whispered softly. "And in my professional, and personal, opinion, mother was being completely unfair to you!"

"Perhaps..." Emiko sighed..."But Samantha lost her father at such a young age. Can she really be blamed?"

"No... no, I suppose not," Val sighed again. "But I survived when dad died... It hurt like hell, but I didn't blame mom."

"But... when... how did Sam suddenly become "Acting" Grand Kerbal?" Emiko asked slowly. "Why go after Gene Kerman and KASA... and all the other Kerbs???"

"I've had Thompberry looking into that," Val answered, then switched over her intercom. "Thompberry, have you been monitoring our conversation?"

"My dearest Valentina!!!" Thompberry's weird voice suddenly slinked over the speakers... "I am insulted. You know I strive not to eavesdrop..."

u7ejRP2.png

"Oh, stop," Val sighed. "Please tell Gramiko what you've learned so far."

"As you wish," Thompberry chuckled in his weird way, then turned serious. "I've assigned Kerbnet to cross-reference all available data, and while most of this is speculative, it appears your daughter, Samantha, faked her own poofing in order to join a small group of Kerbs that were radically opposed to those now living on the surface... and exponentially so to any sort of Kerbals in space. They firmly believe Kerbals belong underground, and not on the surface... And from what little evidence there is, a few years before your return, Emiko, Samantha Kerman grew to become the leader of this group of radicals... and a couple years after that, one of Grand Kerbal Abigail's advisers"

"Go on..." Emiko whispered, afraid of what she was going to hear... but also having to know the truth.

"What happened next was so completely... inconceivable..." Thompberry actually awed into silence for a moment. 

"It was Sanny!" Val snarled. "That STUPID ghost!!!"

"Wait... what???" Emiko gasped. "Sanny-ghost??? How is Sanny-ghost involved?"

"If you recall, our somewhat psychotic apparition was heading back home aboard the Annabel Lee after we parted ways at Kokomo Island," Thompberry continued to explain. "But as the airship flew over Ground Zero, in order to take atmospheric samples..."

"That stupid ghost... She jumped ship!!!" Val finished with an exasperated growl.

NeSQMpJ.png

DhALbds.png

IoG8YQ7.png

Qnbfkyi.png

GeZwCwS.png

"And worst of all, that idiot landed right smack into a huge group of refugees!!!" Val desperately wanted to get her hands on Sanny... then realized the irony of strangling a ghost, and grew even more frustrated. "And with her weird eyes and hair, ranting about starting some church inside the blast zone, the panic she started was almost as terrible as the Ground Zero explosion itself... STUPID, STUPID ghost!!!"

"Grand Kerbal Abigail received word not long after, and confronted Gene Kerman... and..." Thompberry paused again, and sounded uncharacteristically sad... "I apologize... I'm afraid I'm part of what happened next... and I find myself feeling..."

"Thompberry, stop right now!" Val interrupted. "We've been over this part before, and it's not your fault. You saved all of us, and we are grateful..."

Val then turned back to Emiko and explained further. "From what we can tell, Gene has been keeping much from the Grand Kerbal, especially what we suspect of the Krakens. I truly believe he thought it best until we had more proof..."

"Gene Kerman HAS proof!!!" Emiko huffed. "Emiko not understand!"

"No, not really... Well, yes and no," Val shook her head sadly. "I saw Bruberry for a half a second on the way home from Duna... but that could have be written off as a nightmare... Kuzzter and Geschosskopf saw three figures in the distance on Minmus... repeat, at a distance. And most everything else is just visions and warnings... some from your Magic Boulder."

"You have to admit, Lady Emiko," Thompberry continued. "It is all rather unbelievable... and that's coming from a humble brain in a pod..."

"It's not that Gene didn't want to tell her," Val sighed. "He just wanted something more concrete... before he confided in her. And more than that, he didn't want to create a panic."

"But Sanny-ghost caused one instead..." Emiko started to put the pieces together.

"And when Abigail finally confronted him... Gene had no choice, and told her everything." Val paused, and started to cry softly again. before continuing... "And when they learned the truth... and that we suspect the Krakens being responsible for Ground Zero..."

"And that I was back on planet..." Thompberry sighed... "Evil mad-scientist Thompberry, returned to wreak havoc on the unsuspecting..."

"Knowing all this happened under her watch, and she knew nothing of it, Abigail stepped down... or was forced to... we're not clear on that," Val snarled... "And... Mother... took over, at least temporarily..."

"And Samantha hates KASA..." Emiko now understood, or thought she did.

But just then Gem, trying to be as respectful as possible, called up from the cockpit.

"Ma'am, I'm apologize, I don't mean to interrupt, but Pappy and Bob are finished, and we're clear to proceed."

PBmTx3l.png

"Take her out," Val called back down. "Show Chibi the fan controls... About time she did some work around here..."

"Hey!!!" Chibi yelped back, but was actually quite excited to be learning something new.

"Aye, ma'am," Gem called back... "Setting course for 280°, ETA: 6 hours 22 minutes..."

"Very good," Val called back, then turned back to Emiko. "We'll be home tomorrow night... But Gramiko, I... I'm not sure what to do next...."

Slowly the Platypus began to inch towards the water... but Emiko didn't reply... Honestly, she didn't know what to do next either.

mA8OI0C.png

iMNE4Tg.png

1au77hG.png

ikdKl94.png

Meanwhile, back at the Kerbal Space Center, Werhner von Kerman was once again standing in front of Emiko's Magic Boulder, informing it that Emiko was once again awake, and weak, but otherwise in good condition...

hRDTihW.png

1F1bTDx.png

But inside... inside Werhner's guts where churning with the additional information he had received... encoded and hidden withing the open transmission by Thompberry and Kerbnet... Emiko had confirmed it... their new "passengers"... these "pony-people" of Kerb-lore... were actual Laythean refugees??? Or their descendants? Inconceivable!!!

Werhner needed answers... and he thought he knew one way to get some... if he was supremely careful. And just like that, as if it had read his thoughts... which it very well may have... Werhner felt himself becoming weightless before the green Magic Boulder... 

... and found himself once again on Bop... and in the presence of the all-powerful Kraken Lord.

llMjwtq.png

VMmIHzj.png

1t8qdB4.png

"You seem troubled, my friend," the Kraken Lord's terrible voice rumbled in Werhner's mind, but he didn't reply. Nor did he acknowledge the huge, hideous Red Magic Boulder that loomed behind them. Instead he stared off at Jool, and Laythe passing before it.

"Tell me... friend..." Werhner whispered coldly. "What happened to them... What happened on Laythe?"

Hhuj6b8.png 

hNMxvBi.png

For a moment the Kraken Lord actually seemed taken back, the chuckled in his horrible way. "Impressive. Have you been "connecting some dots"... I believe the phrase is??? Tell me, Werhner von Kerman... how do you know of them?"

Knowing he could never deceive this monstrous Kraken, Werhner instead substituted one truth for another.

"On my world there are pyramids dating back to just after the great burn, dedicated to Tut-Un Jeb-Ahn. And in several are scrolls that are said to have been written before the Burn, several of which show the ET's visiting Tut-Un Jeb-Ahn, and warning him of the impending disaster..."

"Ahhh, fascinating," the Kraken Lord rumbled. "I never knew the... specifics... of your survival. Do continue."

"On two of the scrolls, excavated by Emiko herself years ago, there are very clear illustrations of not just the ET's... but also others... that apparently traveled with the ET's and also visited Kerbin..." Werhner paused, knowing he was really stretching the truth, but hoping the Kraken Lord was now to interested to notice. "And there are some who... well... they theorize the only other place in the Kerbol system even remotely capable of sustaining life may have once been Laythe..."

"I see..." the Kraken Lord sounder even more grim, but allowed von Kerman to finish.

"Until a few days ago I would have not thought it possible... But in light of what she did to Ground Zero..." von Kerman hesitated, afraid he might be pushing his much too far with such a monster... but his own rage was also building, and he threw all caution aside.

"I examined the satellite images... Laythe is covered in blast craters... as many as a dozen!!!" von Kerman desperately tried to maintain is self control. "Was there life on Laythe once, before the war??? Did... did you exterminate them?"

4zGGCfm.png

"You are clever, my friend," the Kraken Lord's voice was strangely lowered. "Yes... there was life there... once. And they were the first to go..."

"WHAT???" Werhner gasped, feeling his knees suddenly grow weak... "The... first??? There were... wait... you're saying there were others???"

"Would it startle you to learn there were a total of five races in this system when our forces arrived?"

"Mein Gott... five???" von Kerman felt sick... "All gone? Except us?"

"Correct," the Kraken Lord replied slowly. "Your race was deemed... harmless, so some were allowed to survive to become our thralls, and to serve us."

"And the others?" von Kerman had to know... even if it was making him nauseous...

"The world you call Laythe was once home to a race mentalists nearly as powerful as ourselves," the Kraken Lord seemed almost as if he were reminiscing. "Far too powerful for a direct conflict. So it was ordered my mate exterminate them... all of them."

"How... how could an intelligent being such as yourself approve?" von Kerman was aghast.

"Those that cannot be subjugated must be eliminated," the Kraken Lord replied coldly. "It is our way... And I personally gave the order... Hold... wait... what???"

The Kraken Lord paused, then turned towards the horrible red Magic Boulder...

"What does she play at now?" he growled... and just then the Boulder surged with power, and vanished before Werhner's eyes!

950lCCJ.png

fny6yA5.png

HRVgmzV.png

H7McCI0.png

fVD4hRT.png

ycMW0dF.png

"You need to go back, now!" The Kraken Lord sounded... concerned???

"She's going to attack... KASA???" von Kerman felt faint, and tried to regain his balance.

"No... no..." the Kraken Lord sounded annoyed now. "As arrogant as she can be, she would not dare without my express permission." 

"Then... what?" Werhner asked, still terrified at what might be coming.

"I suspect another clumsy attempt at subterfuge," the Kraken Lord shook his arms weirdly, and Werhner felt himself becoming weightless again. "Go home, warn your people... "

ukpSxPQ.png

OQBXj6A.png

"Wait... why are you helping me?" Werhner call down.

"Helping you???" the Kraken Lord seemed amused. "No, friend Werhner... I do not seek to help you... only to hinder her..."

Then Werhner lost sight of the mighty Kraken Lord... but not before he heard one last warning ring through his mind.

"Beware... beware the handmaiden, von Kerman... for that one is both possessor and possessed, and is truly insane..."

Cs9u7Ye.png

jHNe4r2.png

The Saga of Emiko Station, and the strange tale of Emiko and Chibi Kerman, are still far, far from over....

Go to Chapter 96
Return to Index

Edited by Just Jim

22 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

"Heading home," Chibi answered softly. "Emiko... sweety... I have to tell you something. You... You've been sleeping for three days.

Woah, that sounds like Reforger recovery... yeah, those three days after cleanup! :D

24 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

"No... well... yes and no," Chibi tried to explain. "Piper told us later she wasn't attacked... they were just trying to communicate. But it hit Piper so hard, and so fast, she described it like... well... if I remember right she said it was like being motion sick on a high-G turn, after a night of binging on bad champagne and sea bugs..."

Hehehe, I know that feeling... that's all I will say about it. Well described, @Just Jim. From this description, it's apparent you've lived this experience, too! :cool:

28 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

"Helping you???" the Kraken Lord seemed amused. "No, friend Werhner... I do not seek to help you... only to hinder her..."

Then Werhner lost sight of the mighty Kraken Lord... but not before he heard one last warning ring through his mind.

Oh, wow! Didn't see this one coming. One of those, "the enemy of my enemy is my ally" kind of things?

24 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

Woah, that sounds like Reforger recovery... yeah, those three days after cleanup! :D

Pretty close, yeah!!! ;)

24 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

From this description, it's apparent you've lived this experience, too!

I'm sorry, that information is classified (and embarrassing)... hehehe... :confused:

25 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

One of those, "the enemy of my enemy is my ally" kind of things?

No.... I wouldn't go that far... More like a Kraken's version of throwing a monkey wrench into her plans...

He just wants to annoy her a little for trying something behind his back... again. 

25 minutes ago, Mrcarrot said:

Thanks for making my night more fun!

You are most welcome! I'm glad you liked it, that was a really fun one to write... :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.