The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

3 hours ago, HansonKerman said:

Oh, I just gotta do this...

And hidden from prying eyes, Sanny the Ghost sped off to Ground Zero in normal Form, feeling a craving for Positive Energy to "Recharge" herself. Once within 5km of the Deadly Super Fatal Don't Go Here Unless You Want To Be Fried Like A Bug With Heatstroke On An SP-12 Structural Panel zone, she began to glow like a... um... glowstick, and she began playing, just like a little... um... err... Mudkip (it's a Pokémon thing)? Yeah, Mudkip. 

"Wheeeee! Ahh... the positive energy is so completely overpowering! I love it! Wheee!"

And it's probably a good thing that no-one was around to see her, because they would have thought she had lost the few marbles she had.

But you'll still do my Sanny thing, right? :P 

This is pretty good... hehehe  

I think it's safe to assume, if she left Saffron's body before the (ex) Kraken took over, that she would have gone back to ground zero, at least long enough to "Recharge"... 

...and maybe glow like a glowstick... :D

I also had another thought... and I think I'll share this one with everyone... Why not?

It's about Badie, and how well she's going to adjust... or not... and, well... I had a rather... amusing... idea.

I'm thinking of maybe... well... maybe going in this direction with her... but in my own way. <_<

Big spoiler!!!

Spoiler

"Sir...there's been an... incident," Gus stuttered. "It's about... Badie."

"Oh, no," Werhner sighed. "What happened."

"Well, you see, she was wandering through the VAB and... well..."

"What?" Werhner insisted.

"Well, one of the junior technicians... He got a little... shall we say, inappropriate."

"Oh... Oh no," Werhner shook his head. Badie was already in rough shape, and this was the last thing he needed. "I want that Kerb severely disciplined. How is Badie?"

"No, sir... you don't understand... Badie is fine." Gus seemed really nervous now, almost... scared??? "It's the tech... sir..."

"What happened to him?" Werhner suddenly got a cold chill...

"He... he's in the med bay..." Gus suddenly dropped to a whisper. "Sir... she threw him over 30 meters... completely across the VAB into the far wall! His arm is shattered in three places... And... and we have witnesses that say... they say she never actually really touched him!!!"

Edited by Just Jim

You know, I was just watching an old TV episode from 1965, and I saw something that intrigued me.

A Time Track, also known as a Temporal Track or a Time Path, was a path through time related to a time vessel or traveler. "Jumping" a time track could place a time traveler off their intended destination in time, and could even cross their own destiny.

time tracks were to time what parallel dimensions were to spacetime, running side by side like grooves on a record. Travel along the groove and time progressed or regressed in a linear fashion, but skipping a groove meant the distance travelled increased or decreased exponentially. 

I'm thinking of putting it into my own project at some point, but mainly as a way to explain visions. Some people in this thread may find it useful too.

16 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Pretty good. Kerbals must cook their sea-bugs on structural panels, right?

Only ones above barbecues. Metal can get pretty hot pretty quickly, I've heard, and takes a long time to cool off, and Kerbals have mindsets drastically different from the average Humans', so SP-12s are like grills to them. Cool-looking grills.

13 hours ago, Just Jim said:

This is pretty good... hehehe  

I think it's safe to assume, if she left Saffron's body before the (ex) Kraken took over, that she would have gone back to ground zero, at least long enough to "Recharge"... 

...and maybe glow like a glowstick... :D

But seriously, Sanny probably doesn't have many marbles, am I right? Oops.

Also, on an unrelated note, I've been thinking about the four other races living in the Kerbol System... what do people think about Vall?

Edited by HansonKerman
Font Change

1 hour ago, HansonKerman said:

But seriously, Sanny probably doesn't have many marbles, am I right? Oops.

Marbles??? No... more like that little BB you hear inside a spray-paint can when you shake it up...

Ka-Klunk... Ka-Klunk... Ka-Klunk....

:confused:

Edited by Just Jim

17 hours ago, Just Jim said:

It's about Badie, and how well she's going to adjust... or not... and, well... I had a rather... amusing... idea.

I'm thinking of maybe... well... maybe going in this direction with her... but in my own way. <_<

Big spoiler!!!

Now the question is: Siren acoustic powers or Kraken telekinesis? Or Kraken-enhanced Siren blastwave?

And by the way, Chibi might have miscalculated a bit when dealing with the Kraken: even with each tentacle having pretty much a brain of its own, there still is the part in the cephalopod's head - making it 9 loosely attached neural entities. So while everybody was fighting the eight tentacles... unfortunately for the Kraken there was someone to take on the central core from within.

But anyway there must be a huge difference between having your own body rebuilt into a new shape and awakening (especially after thousand years of crazy madness nightmare) in the body that just recently belonged to somebody else.
Speaking of which (not that anybody would object too much, especially her ex) what happened to Saffron's mind? Was it eaten by the Kraken? Or maybe good old Thompberry actually krakened her into a psychic black hole (possibly leaving open back door for the possessor)? Or is there anything left anywhere? Will Sanny  get a ghostly companion (and a worthy fellow trickster at that)?

... stay tuned for the next episode of Emiko station...

15 minutes ago, Alchemist said:

And by the way, Chibi might have miscalculated a bit when dealing with the Kraken: even with each tentacle having pretty much a brain of its own, there still is the part in the cephalopod's head - making it 9 loosely attached neural entities. So while everybody was fighting the eight tentacles... unfortunately for the Kraken there was someone to take on the central core from within.

Good catch! I was going to get into a little more detail in the next chapter, but quite simply, it was Thompberry's blast at the end that allowed them to sort of rip the Kraken's mind(s) apart, much like ripping the legs off a spider... ewwww..... After that the central core mind never stood a chance.  

But anyway there must be a huge difference between having your own body rebuilt into a new shape and awakening (especially after thousand years of crazy madness nightmare) in the body that just recently belonged to somebody else.

Oh yeah... One reason Chibi has adjusted so well is she totally expected this when she woke up from cryo... so while it might be a little weird getting used to everything, for her it's like some wild adventure... Badie, on the other hand, has no clue what's really happened... so it's going to be quite a shock.

Speaking of which (not that anybody would object too much, especially her ex) what happened to Saffron's mind? Was it eaten by the Kraken? Or maybe good old Thompberry actually krakened her into a psychic black hole (possibly leaving open back door for the possessor)? Or is there anything left anywhere? Will Sanny  get a ghostly companion (and a worthy fellow trickster at that)?

Yes... YES!!! :)

I was waiting for someone to pick up on that... hehehe. I'm not going to give it away, but I can absolutely say I won't leave the question of Saffron unanswered.

Or someone else... ;)

Edited by Just Jim

14 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Good catch! I was going to get into a little more detail in the next chapter, but quite simply, it was Thompberry's blast at the end that allowed them to sort of rip the Kraken's mind(s) apart, much like ripping the legs off a spider... ewwww..... After that the central core mind never stood a chance.  

Oh yeah... One reason Chibi has adjusted so well is she totally expected this when she woke up from cryo... so while it might be a little weird getting used to everything, for her it's like some wild adventure... Badie, on the other hand, has no clue what's really happened... so it's going to be quite a shock.

Yes... YES!!! :)

I was waiting for someone to pick up on that... hehehe. I'm not going to give it away, but I can absolutely say I won't leave the question of Saffron unanswered.

Or someone else... ;)

A back door for the possessor, eh? What if the krakens are all still alive? What if the true mastermind that transferred Thompberry into his pod is still alive through a back door in his body? What if part of that ever so powerful kraken still lives on in Thompberry’s pod? 

Of course, these are all just a bunch of what ifs. :wink:

1 minute ago, HeronRocketry said:

A back door for the possessor, eh? What if the krakens are all still alive? What if the true mastermind that transferred Thompberry into his pod is still alive through a back door in his body? What if part of that ever so powerful kraken still lives on in Thompberry’s pod? 

Of course, these are all just a bunch of what ifs. :wink:

Oh I just had another theory seconds after posting this. @Alchemist had a great addition recognizing that krakens still have a brain in their central area... but what if they removed their central brains and stored them in a “library” where their knowledge will live on forever? That would be a back door.

To be fair, there is high chance that all Kraken possession cases are traceable to some kind of backdoor-opening exposure.

Thompberry's parents - studied an anomalous artifact.
Carlenna - not really known (or at least I can't remember a direct explanation), but given her involvement with Parka, could be linked to the same artifact.
Parka - it actually took quite a ritual to overwhelm him.

Mary-Sue Pleasant - not known, but could had tried in her witchcraft practice to unlock secrets of some thing that turned out to be stronger.
Badie and the Professor - direct mental attack by Kraken Empress (possessing a powerful Witch)

And then we have Thompberry knocking Saffron out with unexpected additional effects of applying Kraken gravioli tech. And the body then changes the occupant several times. Totally fits the pattern

P.S. If there are only 4 Krakens (at least in that faction), one of them taking a new host an then getting destroyed also leaves a huge question of what happened to the previous body... Or if in such case that body (given it is still usable) could act as a backup even in case of mental disintegration in the new host

4 hours ago, Alchemist said:

To be fair, there is high chance that all Kraken possession cases are traceable to some kind of backdoor-opening exposure.

Carlenna - not really known (or at least I can't remember a direct explanation), but given her involvement with Parka, could be linked to the same artifact.

Mary-Sue Pleasant - not known, but could had tried in her witchcraft practice to unlock secrets of some thing that turned out to be stronger.
Badie and the Professor - direct mental attack by Kraken Empress (possessing a powerful Witch)

And then we have Thompberry knocking Saffron out with unexpected additional effects of applying Kraken gravioli tech. And the body then changes the occupant several times. Totally fits the pattern

P.S. If there are only 4 Krakens (at least in that faction), one of them taking a new host an then getting destroyed also leaves a huge question of what happened to the previous body... Or if in such case that body (given it is still usable) could act as a backup even in case of mental disintegration in the new host

Yay! Science! I think we’re getting into the sci-fi that Just Jim intended when he illustrated the krakens abilities and Thompberry being put into the pod. :o

19 hours ago, Alchemist said:

Angelo - trying to do his company taxes while not having any coffee. ;)

Edited by Angel-125

As always I’m late to the party, here, but finally got caught up, and I’ve gotta say you’ve outdone yourself with this arc, @Just Jim.:D Or should we call you Puppetmaster, now?

Emiko is, of course, far too amicable for such a thought, but I had this in my head as the climax came together:

Spoiler

MTPaRmV.gif

:cool:

Spoiler

And now we have it as canon that Krakens can, in fact, die. :o

Messily. :wacko:

On 7/2/2018 at 6:46 PM, obney kerman said:

Definitely agree. It would be perfect.

It would so be the biggest craze since Projects Odyssey, Gateway, and Ares (still going, technically, but the last episode was released a year ago. I WILL DIE if it doesn't make a comeback.)! @Just Jim, you could be the next @Felbourn! (aka Bob Fitch)

Edited by HansonKerman

On 7/2/2018 at 10:41 AM, RealKerbal3x said:

I would SO watch that. Even if it was a YouTube series it would be awesome.

15 hours ago, HansonKerman said:

It would so be the biggest craze since Projects Odyssey, Gateway, and Ares (still going, technically, but the last episode was released a year ago. I WILL DIE if it doesn't make a comeback.)! @Just Jim, you could be the next @Felbourn! (aka Bob Fitch)

Yeah, it's been brought up many times, and would be really fun. But it would take a serious amount of work, and quite probably more than one animator... I doubt @SQUAD could afford it, even if they were so inclined.

But it's really fun to think about... 

11 hours ago, TeslaPenguin1 said:

Hey @Just Jim, could you put all of the emoji chapters (in order) on a pdf or something like that and put the link in the OP? I am re-reading and would like to not have to go back to the beginning every single time I complete a chapter, thanks! ;):cool:

Oh, crap. I apologize.

I had intended to add a link to the end of each chapter that takes you right to the start of the next. But the last few weeks I'm trying to do six things at once... which isn't easy unless one is half-kraken... lol   

Honestly, I completely forgot. I'll try and add those in as soon as I get some free time. 

Edited by Just Jim

11 hours ago, TeslaPenguin1 said:

Hey @Just Jim, could you put all of the emoji chapters (in order) on a pdf or something like that and put the link in the OP? I am re-reading and would like to not have to go back to the beginning every single time I complete a chapter, thanks! ;):cool:

I assume you mean Emiko not Emoji. Otherwise, 

:o:wink::confused::huh::rolleyes::D:cool:;.;:sticktongue::mad:

On 6/30/2018 at 10:10 PM, DeltaDizzy said:

I'm thinking of putting it into my own project at some point, but mainly as a way to explain visions. Some people in this thread may find it useful too.

If you're interested in laying down rules for Time Travel, my brother wrote an excellent textbook style piece on time travel over at the SCP Foundation. Here's a link.

11 hours ago, roboslacker said:

If you're interested in laying down rules for Time Travel, my brother wrote an excellent textbook style piece on time travel over at the SCP Foundation. Here's a link.

Oh, this is good. :D

What I based a lot of Emiko's time travel on was a fascinating lecture I saw on BBC by Brian Cox on the "Science" of Dr. Who, in which he explained quite clearly why going backwards in time is theoretically impossible... And this lecture is what lead me to write why Emiko's brain is so scrambled... It's impossible by the known laws of physics, but the ET's still did it somehow...

Anyway, here's an excerpt from that lecture. I wish I could find the whole thing, because it's quite good, and very much on-topic as well.

Oh, and having the quote "Jim really is a time-traveler" in the lecture is just a huge gob of icing on the cake... hehehehe

Edited by Just Jim

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.