The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

1 hour ago, Just Jim said:

I'm not sure myself...I have to admit this one is new to me, too. But I believe maybe like "Perking up" or becoming perky?

Or making coffee the old fashioned way???   hehehe  :rolleyes:

You didnt see the one on the Bluedog Design Bureau thread...

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/122020-14x-bluedog-design-bureau-stockalike-saturn-apollo-and-more-v142-i-numbered-this-update-before-ksp-updated-1feb2018/&do=findComment&comment=3516196

Edited by DeltaDizzy

18 hours ago, DeltaDizzy said:

No, I must have missed that one, sorry. 

I try and visit the forum at least once a day, but I don't have as much time to hang out and read everything like I used to.

3 hours ago, Lithobrake said:

NEED CHAPTER 100!!! also, yay 250 pgs

As far as Chapter 100...

OK, truth is, I just worked it all out in my head... like literally 2 days ago.

I got a little frustrated and changed my mind a few times, but I like it now, and I think it will be worthy of the Chapter 100 landmark.

Just bear in mind I can only work on it over the weekends. ;)

9 hours ago, qzgy said:

Good things come to those who wait...

Supposedly.

Oh, it's true... :D

3 hours ago, Xurkitree said:

Thompberry tries to get out of the stayputnik he's trapped in due to a universe update but is unsuccessful.

would you know anything whether this is going to be fixed or not before 1.7??

That's funny...

But I'm not allowed to talk about stuff like that, sorry. The NDA is very strict. ;)

Edited by Just Jim

Hey everyone, just a really quick update.

I was able to work on this over the weekend, and check it out...
This is Minmus colony... only this time it's in version 1.6.1. Emiko is caught up.

79DxOaK.png

I've finally worked out all the little details for the next chapter (and there are a lot) and I'm starting to gather up the screenshots. I'll keep working on them this week during my off hours.  

I promised something really special for chapter 100... and I hope y'all like what I finally came up with.  :D

On 1/15/2019 at 5:19 AM, DualDesertEagle said:

Whatever it is, can't wait to read on!

yeah.... You might also hate me for what I'm about to do... lol...

I did get a little more done over the weekend, including this... a little teaser from the next chapter:

T6n223C.png

@Just Jim:

I don't know how often you get comments to this effect, but it isn't often enough, so I am going to point out that you have an amazing eye for design.  Many people who play this game choose function over form--and admittedly, that's not wrong--but there's a lot to be said for craft that complete missions with style and panache.  Assuming that they're not doing so already, Squad ought to put you on redesigning all of the scenario vessels, bases, and so forth to give them the same elegant, polished look that you give to everything in Emiko.

9 hours ago, Alchemist said:

judging by toroidal shape, it must be not just nuclear, but thermonuclear (a.k.a. fusion)

Yes... I believe it's called the A.R.C fusion reactor, or something like that.

Not sure if it actually needs cooling towers, but that fits into @Zhetaan's really nice comment:

12 hours ago, Zhetaan said:

@Just Jim:

I don't know how often you get comments to this effect, but it isn't often enough, so I am going to point out that you have an amazing eye for design.  Many people who play this game choose function over form--and admittedly, that's not wrong--but there's a lot to be said for craft that complete missions with style and panache.  

Thank you!!! I've been trying really hard to make sure everything looks as cool as possible. Even if it's not necessarily required... like dual cooling towers for a fusion reactor... I don't know if I really need them or not, but they look awesome, and are almost psychological. Most people see cooling towers and immediately think reactor of some kind.

I decided way back at the beginning I would not just write a story, but do everything I could to make sure the ships and bases and such looked like they belonged in a campy sci-fi series!

I am so glad you like them!!! :cool:

Edited by Just Jim

13 hours ago, Zhetaan said:

@Just Jim:

I don't know how often you get comments to this effect, but it isn't often enough, so I am going to point out that you have an amazing eye for design.  Many people who play this game choose function over form--and admittedly, that's not wrong--but there's a lot to be said for craft that complete missions with style and panache.  Assuming that they're not doing so already, Squad ought to put you on redesigning all of the scenario vessels, bases, and so forth to give them the same elegant, polished look that you give to everything in Emiko.

Seconded!

On 1/22/2019 at 8:26 AM, Zhetaan said:

@Just Jim:

We don't know if that's exactly what he is doing right now. 

I guess we'll know when they update the scenarios unexpectedly, and the ship designs all scream @Just Jim.

15 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Even if it's not necessarily required... like dual cooling towers for a fusion reactor... I don't know if I really need them or not, but they look awesome, and are almost psychological. Most people see cooling towers and immediately think reactor of some kind.

True, fusion reactor may require much less cooling than fission reactor of similar power output, because fusion reactor should be capable of harvesting energy from reacting plasma directly through electromagnetic fields. Still it doesn't take all the energy (so you at least have to deal with reacted plasma and there still is possibility to harvest more thermal energy from it), and you definitely still need to cool the coils and reaction chamber walls. You just don't go thermonuclear without having to deal with the thermal part of it.

And I totally agree about combining nice design and some fancy extended functionality with the basic intended function - it always makes the mission more lively and individual. That's also why I don't really like minimalism challenges which encourage to strip everything but bare minimum of specified parts. I still prefer to add this (because why not? it's cool addition) and that (to make it a bit more plausible...) and then something more (it's just fancier this way) - and if it ends up several times bigger, then it's go big or go home.
And you are just the master of making it both highly functional and very nicely designed. Keep up the good work, and we are faithfully awaiting every next chapter!

On 1/23/2019 at 1:11 PM, Thedrelle said:

We don't know if that's exactly what he is doing right now. 

No. Sorry. I'm a QA tester. That's all I'm allowed to say. 

Back on topic. I got a chance to get some more screenshots done over the weekend.

Here's a fun one for y'all to ponder:

kLF3J82.png

Edited by Just Jim

16 hours ago, Just Jim said:

No. Sorry. I'm a QA tester. That's all I'm allowed to say. 

Back on topic. I got a chance to get some more screenshots done over the weekend.

Here's a fun one for y'all to ponder:

kLF3J82.png

Guys, don't look behind you!!

also, yea, that's ok. I hope your still having fun!

Edited by Thedrelle
adding conversation

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.