The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

On 2/16/2019 at 7:54 PM, Just Jim said:

I mean, you're not really suppose to poke the writers,

WARNING!

Do not attempt to reach through bars! Writers are liable to bite. NOT responsible for any bodily harm or injury caused by poking writers during work.

10 hours ago, The Space Dino said:

- Hasn't been on the forums for almost 2 years

- Comes back to this

- Finds it at the last chapter

- Still doesn't fail to impress me

- Wait @Just Jim is SQUAD staff now?

Great work man!

Thanks!

And yes, I joined the Squad team last August... :cool:

2 hours ago, DarkOwl57 said:

WARNING!

Do not attempt to reach through bars! Writers are liable to bite. NOT responsible for any bodily harm or injury caused by poking writers during work.

Yeah... some are worse than others... ;)

20 hours ago, lunardog15 said:

do not taunt super happy fun ball

56 minutes ago, obney kerman said:

What does this mean?????

22 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Remember do not taunt the magic boulder?

That was a reference to what @lunardog15 said above.

Well, one does have to admit... there are some similarities... :ph34r:

Spoiler

...right down to an apparent conspiracy to hide its existence to the point that the best I can do is a clip from someone who videoed their TV screen...:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, DualDesertEagle said:

Btw, will Volume 2 and anything else that may or may not come after that be on the same thread or on a new one?

I hadn't really thought about it, but given how big this one has become, it might be best to start Volume II as a new thread.... or anything else I might be thinking about... ;)

44 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

I hadn't really thought about it, but given how big this one has become, it might be best to start Volume II as a new thread.... or anything else I might be thinking about... ;)

Would u do me a favor and message me if u start a new thread? Don't wanna miss anything.

2 hours ago, Just Jim said:

It may be big, but it may help to keep things organized in one place.

Guys... it's still way too early... I'm honestly not sure what I'm doing yet. I really didn't even think of ending it as a Volume until I was exploring different ideas of how to deal with the male Kraken minion.

I thought of several ways to bump him off... but when I considered just letting him die, it opened up a really interesting path, and led me to realize I could recreate chapters 2 & 3 almost perfect... and that was when i decided it was good time and place to end it as Vol. I... and take a break for a bit.

I'm still leaning towards starting a new one... maybe "The Return of Emiko Station"... or "Revenge of Emiko Station"...

Or "The Son of the Monster that ate Emiko Station".... lmao.... :sticktongue:

It fits... and follows in the footsteps of some great series... including two of my favorites on the Forum: @CatastrophicFailure's Kraken Series, and @Kuzzter's Epic Kerbfleet Series.

More than anything... As it is now, I can say (and with some small measure of pride) that I finished a 240,000 word monster-sized novel... with somewhere around 7,000 screenshots. And I'm starting to lay out the groundwork for my second.... 

Bring on the Nebula Awards.... (yeah right... :rolleyes:)

Anyway, it may be a while, but I promise, whatever I end up doing, I will be sure to give everyone plenty of notice.

Edited by Just Jim

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 8:54 PM, Just Jim said:

I mean, you're not really suppose to poke the writers, but I honestly don't mind. If y'all are bugging me to write more... Well, that just means y'all must like what I'm doing.

3 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Guys... it's still way too early...

Oh, Jim, Jim, Jim ... *tsk, tsk*  My friend, you simply had to know what you were asking for when you said that ....

Anyway, I don't have anything to say as a positive that hasn't been said already, except to add that it is very nice to see a completed story, given how unfortunately rare that is here.

However, I do have to offer a bit of criticism:  Where's the question mark?  How can you have an homage to 1950's and 1960's campy sci-fi serials if The End doesn't come with an ellipsis and a question mark?!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2019 at 7:15 AM, Lo Var Lachland said:

WOW! Congratu-FREAKING-lations Jim! So happy to see this complete. We won't pester you for vol. 2 for a while. :sticktongue:
Now I have to go re-read the dang thing and find my cameo! Once again, congratulations!

Okay... now we're going to start pestering you for Volume 2! Do you think you could start by this summer?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.