Just Jim

The Saga of Emiko Station - Volume I - Complete

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, greenTurtle1134 said:

So you are sending this how?

Cellphone 

Use the car to charge it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

a friend of mine on SWGOH lives down in florida, he was right in the path.  he's feeling the pain like you Jim.  so, I'm sorry you have to go through all this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Garibaldi2257 said:

a friend of mine on SWGOH lives down in florida, he was right in the path.  he's feeling the pain like you Jim.  so, I'm sorry you have to go through all this.

I wish him the best.

Oh, speaking of people in the path, has @ZooNamedGames chimed in? He's just a couple hours north of here and would have been in it's sights as well. Hope he's OK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hold the phone, we may have a generator. :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, we have a generator. Fridge is back on!!! Lost a few things, but not much.

ETA for the power being fixed is still tomorrow night... I hope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy Kraken Krap...

Emiko Station is mentioned on Wikipedia!!!

Not directly, but I was searching Google to find this page on my tablet (again :rolleyes:) and I saw a wiki link... And it turns out if you look up the name Emiko on Wikipedia, down near the bottom is "Fictional Emikos" and Emiko Station is listed!!!!! :D

I'm just wondering how... I didn't do it... But someone must have... 

Cool!!!!  :cool:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Just Jim said:

OK, we have a generator. Fridge is back on!!! Lost a few things, but not much.

ETA for the power being fixed is still tomorrow night... I hope.

Here's hoping. I've got friends down in Lee county and they're hearing power might not be back until next Friday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Just Jim said:

Holy Kraken Krap...

Emiko Station is mentioned on Wikipedia!!!

Not directly, but I was searching Google to find this page on my tablet (again :rolleyes:) and I saw a wiki link... And it turns out if you look up the name Emiko on Wikipedia, down near the bottom is "Fictional Emikos" and Emiko Station is listed!!!!! :D

I'm just wondering how... I didn't do it... But someone must have... 

Cool!!!!  :cool:

I need to see this!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Holy Kraken Krap...

Emiko Station is mentioned on Wikipedia!!!

....

Cool!!!!  :cool:

Looks like it was added 1st of July in 2016 (by someone using an IP address assigned to Verizon/MCI). 

Very cool!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jarin said:

Here's hoping. I've got friends down in Lee county and they're hearing power might not be back until next Friday.

Oh, that sucks. I hope it's sooner.

2 hours ago, obney kerman said:

I need to see this!

Go look. :)

56 minutes ago, Cydonian Monk said:

Looks like it was added 1st of July in 2016 (by someone using an IP address assigned to Verizon/MCI). 

Very cool!

Last year? Wow. Verizon is a phone company, but that still could be anyone. 

Well, whoever added it, thanks! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unrelated, but RIP Cassini :(

giphy.gif

PRESS F TO PAY RESPECTS

200_s.gif

----

Also unrelated: Have you noticed that Ike looks a lot like the Mün from the surface? 

Werner: ZE IKE LANDINGS ARE FAKED! VE FAKED ZEM VITH A MÜN LANDING!

Edited by KAL 9000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KAL 9000 said:

Also unrelated: Have you noticed that Ike looks a lot like the Mün from the surface? 

Werner: ZE IKE LANDINGS ARE FAKED! VE FAKED ZEM VITH A MÜN LANDING!

The Mun landings are faked! They faked them with an Ike landing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WOOHOO!!!

The power is finally back on!!!

Edited by Just Jim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK... I'm back on my computer!!!  :D

First off, thank you to all the moderators and @SQUAD for being patient with the situation and letting this turn into a sort of quasi-Irma thread for a couple days. Thankfully it's over now, and I'll bring this back to Emiko in just a second.

First, I have to share one picture. This is what I woke up to the morning it hit... it's the house across the street from us, and I heard it snap like a gunshot in the middle of the night:

JP2ZPrK.jpg

I have a few more, but this one pretty much sums it up.

Soooo... back to Emiko Station!  :cool:

Last I remember I had almost all the screenshots for the next chapter done, except a half dozen or so of Kerbals just standing around talking... somewhere. Those are super easy. I have a few things I need to get done, now that we have power, but once that's done, goodbye reality... I'm going Kerbaling!

I'll sort through everything tomorrow, get my bearings, then go from there. Fingers crossed it should only be a couple days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

What're all those bright floaty bits?

It was still really crappy, and I was trying to keep it covered, but I believe those are little raindrops in the camera lens... :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I started sorting screenshots last night... I'm about 1/3rd or so finished. But I'm afraid the storm, and stress, and lack of sleep, and all the rest of the hurricane fun, finally caught up to me. This morning I woke up with the worst cough, and it's turned into a full blown cold... blehhh  :P

On 9/15/2017 at 10:49 AM, KAL 9000 said:

Unrelated, but RIP Cassini :(

PRESS F TO PAY RESPECTS

Yeah, I'm going to miss her...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Loved the story so far and looking forward to the next installment but take care of your health and feline overlords furry friends first though, k? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.