Just Jim

The Saga of Emiko Station - Volume I - Complete

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Just Jim said:

It's one of my 2 absolute favorites... the second being "The Thing on the Doorstep"

"The Tomb", "The Lurking Fear" :D 

1 hour ago, Just Jim said:

But we don't know if this is all they can do... so there are still a lot of possibilities what may have happened to Sanny.  :wink:

Well, the ability to drop red boulders on specific targets is scary enough :) 

 

55 minutes ago, The Dunatian said:

Ghost story? In space no one can hear you scream. :o

Whenever I hear "space", "ghost", and "story" in the same sentence, I think of this....  AARRGGHHH!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Space Dino said:

Okay my brain is in complete circles but continue on with your discussion...

I know... there's a lot of stuff going on.

Or did you mean the Lovecraft references and all that.... That's just @Geschosskopf and I throwing ideas around about Sanny, and ghosts in general. 

Either way, I'll be glad to try and un-circle your brain if I can.... as long as it doesn't give anything away. :)

1 hour ago, Geschosskopf said:

"The Tomb", "The Lurking Fear" :D 

My problem is all of Lovecraft's tales are favorites of mine... the only problem is trying to figure out in which order... :)

1 hour ago, Geschosskopf said:

Whenever I hear "space", "ghost", and "story" in the same sentence, I think of this....  AARRGGHHH!!!

Yeah... I thought of that as well... was wondering if it was just me... hehe :rolleyes:

Edited by Just Jim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had to go back and re-do a few screenshots from this morning. Not afraid to admit this one.. a hint for other writers...

I had to go in and make a couple quick switches to the persistent files and turn off Jeb and Val and any of the rest of the Platypus crew's badS status that need it...

I know, they're normally BadS's... but let me tell ya, it does not look right having them drive into a blast zone like ground zero grinning like idiots!

I'll switch them back after the next batch of screenshots are done.

Edited by Just Jim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Just Jim said:

I know, they're normally BadS's... but let me tell ya, it does not look right having them drive into a blast zone like ground zero grinning like idiots!

There's a difference between being BadS and being stupid.  As we say in my business, "Anybody who is not at least a little bit scared is too stupid to understand the situation."  There are a lot of wannabe BadS firefighters who put "No Fear" stickers on their helmets.  So I have the above adage on posters throughout the firehouse :wink:

Edited by Geschosskopf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Geschosskopf said:

There's a difference between being BadS and being stupid.  As we say in my business, "Anybody who is not at least a little bit scared is too stupid to understand the situation."  There are a lot of wannabe BadS firefighters who put "No Fear" stickers on their helmets.  So I have the above adage on posters throughout the firehouse :wink:

Exactly! 

And in my case, I'm not trying to simulate fear, I'm shooting for... disgust... I think that's the right word. And grinning like a BadS idiot does not look like one is disgusted...

So here's a teaser screenshot I did last night that's much more appropriate

"Ewww... Gaaaa...." Emiko cried in horror at what she saw before them... "What did monster Kraken Queen DO???

Z8yEbsX.png

Edited by Just Jim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Exactly! 

And in my case, I'm not trying to simulate fear, I'm shooting for... disgust... I think that's the right word. And grinning like a BadS idiot does not look like one is disgusted...

"Ewww... Gaaaa...." Emiko cried in horror at what she saw before them... "What did monster Kraken Queen DO???

[Edited by adsii1970... need I say more?]

I think you've accomplished that... compared to the previous shots you've shared, I think you've hit the nail on the head. I cannot wait to read your next chapter. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

I cannot wait to read your next chapter. :)

Gettin' there... I ran into a couple small glitches today I had to work around, but nothing game-breaking... In fact I can still use a couple of the screenshots from one of them.

But between the glitches, and me being a pain in the butt about all the little details... :rolleyes:... I'm not quite done yet...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Take your time, I’m still getting caught up! :P

Hehe, it's cool. I got a ton of screenshots done today, and I'm loving how they came out!  :D

All the hard stuff is done, and I'm hoping I can get the rest finished up tomorrow.

 

Edited by Just Jim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Thedrelle said:

awesomesauce. Made with real Awesome. 

Good! 'Cause I really don't like that imitation, low-carb, gluten-free awesome... lmao.... :sticktongue:

Edited by Just Jim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All right... I got a HUGE amount done again today... and had a lot of fun doing them! At this point I'm about 90% done... I think. My only problem is trying to decide where to end the chapter. I also have a ton of shots to choose from, so I may have enough to split it into two chapters... I'm not sure about that yet.

Whatever the case, I see no problem getting the rest wrapped up tomorrow. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Just Jim said:

trying to decide where to end the chapter.

You don't. Compile it into a giant Star wars style live stream scrolling banner. :P

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Just Jim said:

All right... I got a HUGE amount done again today... and had a lot of fun doing them! At this point I'm about 90% done... I think. My only problem is trying to decide where to end the chapter. I also have a ton of shots to choose from, so I may have enough to split it into two chapters... I'm not sure about that yet.

Whatever the case, I see no problem getting the rest wrapped up tomorrow. :)

2 CHAPTER SPLIT?!?!?! YOU?! THE OWNER OF THE LONGEST FANWORKS CHAPTER KNOWN TO THE FORUMS??!?! BLASPHEMY!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DarkOwl57 said:

2 CHAPTER SPLIT?!?!?! YOU?! THE OWNER OF THE LONGEST FANWORKS CHAPTER KNOWN TO THE FORUMS??!?! BLASPHEMY!!!

TAKE HIM TO THE DUNGEON! just kidding... maybe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DarkOwl57 said:

2 CHAPTER SPLIT?!?!?! YOU?! THE OWNER OF THE LONGEST FANWORKS CHAPTER KNOWN TO THE FORUMS??!?! BLASPHEMY!!!

hehehe

The problem is I have so many this time... but it's also one of those cases where I may choose only one really good screenshot out of 20. I don't know. I'll sort them and then decide.

The good thing is unlike that last huge chapter, I have a pretty good place to split this if need be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like it when a chapter has a nice breaking point... something that pulls the reader back in!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

I like it when a chapter has a nice breaking point... 

Like when one space center or another gets broken :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/29/2017 at 4:35 PM, Just Jim said:

 

  Hide contents

Emiko and Chibi both have 2 extra chromosomes...

 

wait

wait

WAIT

Emiko got 2 extra chromosomes when she went to earth.

I can accept that.

but SHE KEPT THEM??!?!

OwO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, DeltaDizzy said:

but SHE KEPT THEM??!?!

Good thing she's past her child-bearing years :wink: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Geschosskopf said:

Good thing she's past her child-bearing years :wink: 

Wait a sec... Do kerbals even go through a form of menopause? Or some phase where the can't make baby kerbals?

(hopefully not violating any forum rules here.....)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, DeltaDizzy said:

wait

wait

WAIT

Emiko got 2 extra chromosomes when she went to earth.

I can accept that.

but SHE KEPT THEM??!?!

OwO

We'll get into this more in the next chapter. :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, qzgy said:

Wait a sec... Do kerbals even go through a form of menopause? Or some phase where the can't make baby kerbals?

(hopefully not violating any forum rules here.....)

I'm not sure. Kerbal biology varies from writer to writer... and honestly, I hadn't really thought about it.

I will say this, under normal circumstances I would agree with @Geschosskopf that Emiko is getting too old... but having gone back and then forward again in time, while in cryo, and having her genetics scrambled in the process... I'm not sure how old she actually is... it's an interesting question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Just Jim said:

I'm not sure. Kerbal biology varies from writer to writer... and honestly, I hadn't really thought about it.

I will say this, under normal circumstances I would agree with @Geschosskopf that Emiko is getting too old... but having gone back and then forward again in time, while in cryo, and having her genetics scrambled in the process... I'm not sure how old she actually is... it's an interesting question.

XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.