The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

17 hours ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

Moho gets too much love! Dres needs more!

Dres has a cool canyon.

Moho just has bumpy hills.

17 hours ago, max_creative said:

Dres has a cool canyon.

Moho just has bumpy hills.

Dres is a space potato.

Moho is a burnt cookie.

Dres is a space potato.

Moho is a burnt cookie.

Dres has dreseriod buddys.

Moho has overheating.

Dres has dreseriod buddys.

Moho has overheating.

Dres is inclined and eractic.

Moho is more inclined and more eractic.

25 minutes ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

Moho gets more attention because it's respected as one of the most hardest places to get to.

Dres just exists.

Eeloo is hard to get to. Moho has transfer windows every... Hold on checking transfer window calculator... What the... Every day! If your willing to spend 6500 delta-v. (Holy Moho that's a lot of windows)

Edited by max_creative
150th post for me

OK, everyone.... calm down... breathe..... hehehe

For the record, the simple reason for choosing Dres is I've already landed there. 
Moho and Eeloo take a little longer, and the first probes haven't quite gotten there yet.

Plus, and I would think this is obvious.... it has Dres-deroids!  :wink:

If your addicted to space planes, then go to Moho :wink: oh, those readings are from a 100 km Kerbin orbit to a 100 km Moho orbit

5 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

OK, everyone.... calm down... breathe..... hehehe

For the record, the simple reason for choosing Dres is I've already landed there. 
Moho and Eeloo take a little longer, and the first probes haven't quite gotten there yet.

Plus, and I would think this is obvious.... it has Dres-deroids!  :wink:

But Moho has a trash can and eeloo has a... Sad face because no one ever visits it?

12 minutes ago, max_creative said:

But Moho has a trash can and eeloo has a... Sad face because no one ever visits it?

Oh found proof of eeloo. This is not mine. Its someone else's here ⬇️

Name: Eeloo
Quote: "I guess nobody will understand me..."
Personality: Shy, quiet, socially awkward. Afraid of other planets.
Dislikes: Being completely alone in the dark, harsh, cold vacuum of space.
Relationships: Third youngest daughter of, and best friends with Jool.

Just Jim, today I'm taking a break from ssto to test redirecting objects testing! Now I can stop Thompberry!

Edited by max_creative
The "being visited by kerbal part"

1 hour ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

Barely.

Anyway, in order not to get this thread locked, I doubt the next chapters are a surprise. Blood, death, terror, etc. I think I'm right, @Just Jim

No, not necessarily.  Some, yes... but at the same time I'm not turning this whole thing into something all dark and horror and all that.

Simply put, I am taking a page from Stan Lee.  I recently saw him say, and I'm paraphrasing, but it's accurate enough:

The best adventures are the ones where the audience thinks it's the end of the world, there is no hope left in sight, all is lost...
And are left wondering how the heroes are possibly going to overcome it all and save the day...

Edited by Just Jim

The dressing down of the "Kiblings" was well put together. But I would have to agree, making them acting Ensigns would be too Wesley Crusher for my tastes (altho' I had and have no issues with the character in ST:TNG).
I think dropping them down to simple crew support and doing menial tasks would be in order (Janitorial, holding tools for qualified Kerbalnauts, lots and lots of schoolwork via Distance Learning, etc). Basically treat them like kids doing chores at home, and maybe...MAYBE....if they keep their "noses" clean, let them clean the exhaust nozzles of the engines in EVA.

But, yeah having Gene lie about them sucks. I have no good idea on how to spin doctor that. However he does, he's going to have alot of very PO'd cadets on Kerbin to deal with.

Edited by GDJ

5 minutes ago, GDJ said:

The dressing down of the "Kiblings" was well put together. But I would have to agree, making them acting Ensigns would be too Wesley Crusher for my tastes (altho' I had and have no issues with the character in ST:TNG).
I think dropping them down to simple crew support and doing menial tasks would be in order (Janitorial, holding tools for qualified Kerbalnauts, lots and lots of schoolwork via Distance Learning, etc). Basically treat them like kids doing chores at home, and maybe...MAYBE....if they keep their "noses" clean, let them clean the exhaust nozzles of the engines in EVA.

But, yeah having Gene lie about them sucks. I have no good idea on how to spin doctor that. However he does, he's going to have alot of very PO'd cadets on Kerbin to deal with.

Ahhhh, but Gene having to lie to the media to cover KASA's rear end already makes the twins different than Wesley, who was made ensign for being a goody-goody.  These two are normally a handful, and the cover story is only to prevent a planet wide problem of wanna-be astronaut runaway kids. 

I promise I won't Wesley them...  :wink:

And you are right, there may be some hard feelings amongst the other, more qualified, cadets.  I'll keep this in mind.

2 hours ago, max_creative said:

Ooo can be a run away astronaut??? :P

Another idea! Undock his brain pod right in the middle of a transfer burn!

32 minutes ago, max_creative said:

Ooo or put him on cupcake...'s mantis and drop him into tylo!

Unscrew his jar, put it on top of 1800 units of jet fuel, slap on a nuclear engine, and let it escape Kerbol SOI......end of problem...forever.

2 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Ahhhh, but Gene having to lie to the media to cover KASA's rear end already makes the twins different than Wesley, who was made ensign for being a goody-goody. 

True. Even Picard didn't let him get away with a MAJOR no-no in a episode when Crusher's cadet squad did a illegal and very dangerous maneuver and there was a death involved.

Actually, Picard was a quiet, reserved hard@$$ alot of the times. 
Kirk was a slut. If a female had green skin and bo-bo's (didn't have to be two. Could have been three or four), he was in there like a dirty shirt in a mud puddle.

Edited by GDJ

12 hours ago, GDJ said:

Unscrew his jar, put it on top of 1800 units of jet fuel, slap on a nuclear engine, and let it escape Kerbol SOI......end of problem...forever.

This is fun coming up with ways to get rid of Thompberry without shooting him with missiles or something. Idea! Give him a gravity assist out of the kerbin system! Or make his pod run out of power by plugging in a phone charger!!!

Oh, by the way Jim, if you need a guy who likes explosions and stuff for your story, I'm open. ooo I could work for OMB Demolition!

8 hours ago, GDJ said:

True. Even Picard didn't let him get away with a MAJOR no-no in a episode when Crusher's cadet squad did a illegal and very dangerous maneuver and there was a death involved.

That was a good episode. 

8 hours ago, GDJ said:

Actually, Picard was a quiet, reserved hard@$$ alot of the times. 
Kirk was a slut. If a female had green skin and bo-bo's (didn't have to be two. Could have been three or four), he was in there like a dirty shirt in a mud puddle.

Picard is my ideal model for a ship's captain....  followed closely by Ben Sisco from DS9.

I used to joke Kirk and Riker were competing and keeping score in their cabins....  Maybe Riker was trying to beat Kirk's record for most inter-species relationships... :wink:

6 hours ago, max_creative said:

Oh, by the way Jim, if you need a guy who likes explosions and stuff for your story, I'm open. ooo I could work for OMB Demolition!

Sorry.... I'm not adding anymore new characters.  Having a hard time keeping track of the ones I already have...

2 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Picard is my ideal model for a ship's captain....  followed closely by Ben Sisco from DS9.

I dunno.  I served briefly in destroyers and destroyer skippers are all like Kirk.  Which is appropriate for their job :)

19 minutes ago, Geschosskopf said:

I dunno.  I served briefly in destroyers and destroyer skippers are all like Kirk.  Which is appropriate for their job :)

Oh?  Interesting!  I was in the Army, and the officers I served under were a mixed bunch.. But I never got to serve on a ship.

But destroyers are small, fast attack ships..... so yeah, I can see how a Kirk-type would be much better than a Picard.

The famous battle of Laythe Gulf, I can see Kirk at the helm of one of the battered destroyers screaming "Aim for that really big cruiser!!!

OK, back to Emiko...

I'm going to be busy most of the day, but I already have most of the ships in place for the next couple chapters. 

I should have chapter 37 done this weekend.

Edited by Just Jim

3 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

But destroyers are small, fast attack ships..... so yeah, I can see how a Kirk-type would be much better than a Picard.

The famous battle of Laythe Gulf, I can see Kirk at the helm of one of the battered destroyers screaming "Aim for that really big cruiser!!!

You know how ships have these big padded leather chairs out on the bridge wings for the skipper to sit in?  My skipper replaced his with fancy cowboy saddles mounted on horizontal sections of main steam pipe.  When he had the bridge, rain or shine he'd be out there "riding" his ship, sometimes trying to spur more speed out of her.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.