The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

Just now, Alchemist said:

According to what can be found on the forum (never ran into it myself) it was more than a simple asteroid

I've seen pictures, and from what I can tell, it looked like it had some sort of green streaks.... 

No big deal, I've found enough of the floating boulders to suit my needs for now.

And before anyone asks, I do have an emergency plan for the floating rocks in case the DEV fixes this particular bug...  :wink:

It's OK, really.  I can do all sorts of fun things with asteroids and lighting effects if need be...  :wink:

Back to the story, I'm heading out for the rest of the day. 
But I'm taking my tablet, and some paper and a pen, and I'm going to start working on a table of contents for this.  

Funny thing is, even I can't remember the exact name of some of the earlier chapters anymore.... lol....  :confused:

Also chapter 2, it says kerbins not kerbals so... Yeah. Maybe fix that.

Right here:

The ceremony was brief, but lovely, beneath that giant stone Mun arch.  It was said over 30 million Kerbins watched that magic moment, as Harfield and Jandolin became the first couple to be married on the Mun.  And 30 million Kerbins celebrated that night, making it the biggest wedding reception in recorded history.

you did it twice.

Edited by max_creative
So maybe fix that....

6 hours ago, max_creative said:

Also chapter 2, it says kerbins not kerbals so... Yeah. Maybe fix that.

6 hours ago, Kuzzter said:

Also, I don't know about Jim but I generally prefer to get errata by PM rather than on the thread.

I found and fixed it, but yeah, Kuzzter is right, if you spot anything else, just PM me, OK?

3 hours ago, max_creative said:

If you seriously plan on having the magic Boulder, consider kerbpaint and the potatoroid. If you just want a sort of reference, just have a Kerbal say "oh my what was that thing?!? It was a rock, but with green-ish things!"

Using the real magic boulder actually wasn't part of my original plan, no.  What happened is when I spotted the first floating rock, the one in chapter 22, I knew it was a game glitch, but it looked really cool, so as a sort of dedication to the real magic boulder Easter egg, I christened this one a "Wild Magic Boulder", said they were extremely rare, and was just going to leave it at that.

But then I found a second, and then a third, I started to think up a really fun way to weave them into the story, and now they're a key element. 
But calling them magic boulders at first was only meant as a sort of shout out to the real one from way back when, that's all.

Edited by Just Jim

27 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

But then I found a second, and then a third, I started to think up a really fun way to weave them into the story, and now they're a key element. 
But calling them magic boulders at first was only meant as a sort of shout out to the real one from way back when, that's all.

Yeah, many have used the phrase "magic boulder" to refer to the hovering scatter things.  The long-gone and long-lamented real "Magic Boulder" should always be capitalized as a sign of respect and to differentiate it from what you more appropriately call "floaters".  And "floaters" includes all types of scatter objects including the all types of vegetation on Kerbin and the spikes of Pol, not just rocks.

If you want to recreate the real Magic Boulder, you need to watch that very ancient Scott Manley video I linked above which shows it from all angles.  It was about the size of a Class C asteroid and oozed green slime, both of which are fairly easily doable.  The hard part is putting a Monolith on it and making it instantly destroy you ship if you touch it.

31 minutes ago, Geschosskopf said:

Yeah, many have used the phrase "magic boulder" to refer to the hovering scatter things.  The long-gone and long-lamented real "Magic Boulder" should always be capitalized as a sign of respect and to differentiate it from what you more appropriately call "floaters".  And "floaters" includes all types of scatter objects including the all types of vegetation on Kerbin and the spikes of Pol, not just rocks.

If you want to recreate the real Magic Boulder, you need to watch that very ancient Scott Manley video I linked above which shows it from all angles.  It was about the size of a Class C asteroid and oozed green slime, both of which are fairly easily doable.  The hard part is putting a Monolith on it and making it instantly destroy you ship if you touch it.

I couldn't find a floating spike on Pol... and trust me, I looked... :wink:

But I just got done watching that video, and wow...thanks!   That is a goldmine of info for recreating the real one, and it's orbit, if I decide to use it down the road.

OK, today I'm going to be working on cleaning up the thread a little and adding a table of contents on the first page.

I'm also working on the next couple chapters, never fear.  But before I post them, I want to go back and re-read thru everything again, just to double check I have all my loose ends tied up, and haven't forgotten anything.

I started reading thru it yesterday from my friends house, and did see for myself it's gotten pretty big, and a little hard to find a particular spot, so that's why I decided the suggestion to add a table of contents with links would be really helpful, especially for new readers. 

Oh, one more thing... I've decided this whole project is simply the Saga of Emiko Station.  I know the first bunch of chapters were The Tale of Emiko Station...  But I don't want to make it more complicated than it already is.... So from now on it's just one huge Saga.  I'll fix the chapter ends as I get to them.

Well..... so far so good on the table of contents... except, I'm a little surprised no-one, including myself... caught this... we appear to have have 2 chapter-26's.... lol..... So the story is actually now on chapter 38, not 37.... 

I'll fix it...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.