The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

Well done again @Just Jim! Didn't quite see that coming! I think Thompberry's ultimate plan is to destroy the KSC, seeing from the dream and all, but I'm sure you'll keep us guessing for a while yet. Poor Kerenna :(

21 minutes ago, Jeb! said:

Well done again @Just Jim! Didn't quite see that coming! I think Thompberry's ultimate plan is to destroy the KSC, seeing from the dream and all, but I'm sure you'll keep us guessing for a while yet. Poor Kerenna :(

Thank you!  I promise I will try my best to keep this unpredictable...   :D

Edited by Just Jim

Put on a helmet, enter the cockpit, and open the hatch in the raptor's docking port. Then, open the hatch in Thompberry's docking port, and pull out the red wire... and the white wire... and the black wire... and every wire... and anything else you can carry. C'mon Gem and/or Theo, we know you're up for it!

2 minutes ago, RocketSquid said:

Put on a helmet, enter the cockpit, and open the hatch in the raptor's docking port. Then, open the hatch in Thompberry's docking port, and pull out the red wire... and the white wire... and the black wire... and every wire... and anything else you can carry. C'mon Gem and/or Theo, we know you're up for it!

Nope, won't work.... go back and read it again... all the hatches are frozen... ;.;

8 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Nope, won't work.... go back and read it again... all the hatches are frozen... ;.;

There must be a window breaker in the event of emergencies. Are there any decouples on board? They could take the charges to blow the docking port!

4 minutes ago, Andem said:

There must be a window breaker in the event of emergencies. Are there any decouples on board? They could take the charges to blow the docking port!

I don't think it would be highly advisable to break a window in space.... remember, they're not wearing helmets inside the cabin....  

hz3DkfK.jpg

I fear for the KSC on your world Jim...you've succeeded in making a character we can LOVE TO HATE.  Hallmark of any great villain there.  And just to think...all this started when he got rejected for some Kerbal...uh...private time.

1 hour ago, Just Jim said:

I don't think it would be highly advisable to break a window in space.... remember, they're not wearing helmets inside the cabin....  

hz3DkfK.jpg

Wait a second! How did they get into the raptor without helmets? Or is that moot still because the cabin doors are locked?

@max_creative, Uhhhhh.... LETS DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!*

*They might all die in the process though...

57 minutes ago, Andem said:

Wait a second! How did they get into the raptor without helmets? Or is that moot still because the cabin doors are locked?

When they're outside they have helmets, but when they enter a module, they automatically lose their helmets. Maybe they're stored somewhere. They could use them for EVA and break the window to get out, then throw snacks at Thompberry!

@Just Jim, I hope you aren't taking our lame ideas into account! :P

Edited by Jeb!

Yeah! Let's crash lithobrake and destroy Thompberry and the raptor and everyone in it! this is totally going to work! The Eva suits have to be somewhere! You can't just throw them out the airlock! Go throw snacks and koffie at Thompberry! Or drill holes and hit him with a rock and jump on him! (Hey it worked on the rover in the Martian!)

2 hours ago, Draconiator said:

I fear for the KSC on your world Jim...you've succeeded in making a character we can LOVE TO HATE.  Hallmark of any great villain there.  And just to think...all this started when he got rejected for some Kerbal...uh...private time.

And those are just the words I wanted to hear!!!  Thank you!  I have been working for something like 20 chapters now to turn Thompberry into just that....  my own semi-unique super-villain people will love to hate!  :wink:

1 hour ago, max_creative said:

You could... Live inside a makeshift space suit out of tarp... Mark watney fixed the hab with a tarp.

hehehe..... yeah... we don't want to go there... lol.... :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, RocketSquid said:

Also, isn't Thompberry "reprogramming" the chariot into a gravioli powered portal device equivalent to me reprogramming a vacuum into a circular saw?

Bad example: a vacuum cleaner usually includes an electric motor and plenty of sheet metal :) 

Just now, Kuzzter said:

Bad example: a vacuum cleaner usually includes an electric motor and plenty of sheet metal :) 

Yes, the chariot contains gravioli detection equipment, but Thompberry supposedly made no changes to the hardware, only to the software.

12 minutes ago, RocketSquid said:

Also, isn't Thompberry "reprogramming" the chariot into a gravioli powered portal device equivalent to me reprogramming a vacuum into a circular saw?

Yes and no....

First, this is sci-fi, so if I say it can work.... it can work... lol...  :sticktongue:

But seriously, I didn't get into to much detail, because it could get too technical and boring.  But the Chariot is much more sophisticated machine than a vacuum, and full of printed circuit boards used for all sorts of things. Even the snack dispenser has a small PC board. 
Now, years ago in real life I worked as a QA inspector for printed circuit boards and chips and such, and I know of a nifty little gizmo called an EPROM... or EEPROM.

This stand for Electronically Programmable Read Only Memory chip.  And a Double EPROM is just Erasable Electronically Programmable Read Only Memory chip.

These chips are fascinating because they are programmed electronically.  I used to sit and program these by the thousands at work.  And you don't need to change anything physically in them, no, to reprogram them.  It's all done electronically.

In a nutshell, this is the basis for how Thompberry reprogrammed to turn the Chariot into a gravioli beam generator... he found and reprogrammed all the chariots EPROMS to suit his diabolical needs...

Edited by Just Jim

oh great... Everyone get to the anti-evil-buzz-saw-gravioli-chariot bunkers! Solution to Thompberry: take an old fashioned plane and crash into him and jump out at the last second! Or... Wait... We know that the ksc will get destroyed so... Aha! Send all your stuff to the island airfield or ksc 2! And hyperedit a ton of stuff there!

Yes and no....

First, this is sci-fi, so if I say it can work.... it can work... lol...  :sticktongue:

But seriously, I didn't get into to much detail, because it could get too technical and boring.  But the Chariot is much more sophisticated machine than a vacuum, and full of printed circuit boards used for all sorts of things. Even the snack dispenser has a small PC board. 
Now, years ago in real life I worked as a QA inspector for printed circuit boards and chips and such, and I know of a nifty little gizmo called an EPROM... or EEPROM.

This stand for Electronically Programmable Read Only Memory chip.  And a Double EPROM is just Erasable Electronically Programmable Read Only Memory chip.

These chips are fascinating because they are programmed electronically.  I used to sit and program these by the thousands at work.  And you don't need to change anything physically in them, no, to reprogram them.  It's all done electronically.

In a nutshell, this is the basis for how Thompberry reprogrammed to turn the Chariot into a gravioli beam generator... he found and reprogrammed all the chariots EPROMS to suit his diabolical needs...

Actually pretty good potential explanation! I like how you actually have some aspect of real life possibilities to explain it, as opposed to some wild random made-up story. Hypothetically, this could be very possible. (In a KSP sci-fi world anyways)

Even BETTER explanation!!! :D

Edited by Jeb!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.