GUI for detached Surface Scanning Module

I was wondering if there was an easy way to mod the ability to check the GUI via right-click to the Surface Scanning Module (SSM) when it is detached and dropped on the terrain using KAS.

For instance, using KIS I can place an Accelerometer into my scientist Kerbal's inventory and, while on EVA, I can drop it on the ground, right-click on it, and do science.  However when I attempt the same thing using the Surface Scanning Module I am unable to to get a right-click GUI.

It looks like the only way to run the Surface Scanning Module is when it is attached to a command module and you have a Kerbal in control.

Is there simply a MODULE section I can add to the SSM CFG file to give the ability to see the GUI when it is not attached to anything, just laying dropped on the terrain?

I put this out as a general question in the modded installs forum, because I don't think this is specifically a KIS/KAS question.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.