Anyway to launch at a specific coodinate?

If your first thought was for me to use Kerbal Konstructs let me be the first to slap you hard across the face. As of 1.0.5 that mod is confirmed by the dev to be broken by the new release. So I was wondering if there was a way I can trick the game into launching me to get in a good polar orbit in the poles somewhere?

Launch from the normal KSC, about 10 degrees west of North. Do everything else like you'd normally do for the gravity turn and whatnot.

As you're going up, force yourself into Orbit mode on the navball, and keep aiming 10 degrees West of North until your prograde marker is exactly North. Then, aim North.

If you want to move KSC around, check out Regex's KSCSwitcher mod.

I've tried to add a launch site on KSCSwitcher, bot to no avail. I can see the commands I need to use here, but I can't for the life of me find the spoty to insert them & get them to work. I've cut & pasted them in all over to no avail, or even difference. What am I missing?

1 hour ago, nosefirsteverytime said:

I've tried to add a launch site on KSCSwitcher, bot to no avail. I can see the commands I need to use here, but I can't for the life of me find the spoty to insert them & get them to work. I've cut & pasted them in all over to no avail, or even difference. What am I missing?

I learned KSCSwitcher syntax by taking the config provided and just fiddling with the values. IIRC you can "reload database" in the alt-f12 menu but it's been a while since I played with it, so all the specifics are gone from my brain. I do recall that lat/long are solid, but height and rotation can be tricky. I ended up just trying values until I got what I wanted. I also made a post on the KSCSwitcher thread with my dubious findings. The posts around that one have some good info too.

Tried editing locations in RSS, adding new ones, nothing seems to work.

When Switcher is gone from Gamedata, Earth launch site is Kennedy.

With Switcher in Gamedata, Earth launch site is still Kennedy, but the other sites are selectable.

adding a launch site in LaunchSite.cfg does nothing.

at a loss lads, heading back to Kerbin.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.