Korolev Cross - Google says see KSP

Pecan

I've just watched today's launch of the Soyuz to the ISS and thought I'd comment on the excellent view of the Korolev Cross as the boosters separated ... but I couldn't remember whether it might have been spelt Korol'ov' (apologies to Russian-speakers) so I asked Google.

Not only did it give me 'Korolev Cross' as soon as I'd got as far as 'Ko' but it also suggested I look at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1oIcKzhToY, which is pretty clearly from KSP.  Whose is it though?  I don't recognise the name - take a bow, whoever you are :-)

Edited by Pecan

This seeming obsession with KSP is due to the way Google's servers take account of each user's interests: if you go to a lot of sites associated with KSP, then Google will assume you want to see more of the same it will bump KSP sites up the search results it shows you. 

I would like a button on search results saying "Something new" - ie, it does a search for your keywords, but tries to exclude sites associated with your interests.

40 minutes ago, softweir said:

This seeming obsession with KSP is due to the way Google's servers take account of each user's interests: if you go to a lot of sites associated with KSP, then Google will assume you want to see more of the same it will bump KSP sites up the search results it shows you. 

I would like a button on search results saying "Something new" - ie, it does a search for your keywords, but tries to exclude sites associated with your interests.

I used to have the same issues until I reconfigured Google to stop tracking me. 

On topic: I also watched the launch. Such a nice thing to see. 

On 15/12/2015, 20:27:11, softweir said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you use private browsing then that should be a "fresh" search, not influenced by your browsing habits.
I just tried an image search for korolev cross in a private session and the 3rd pic (and them many of the following) where KSP pics!

1 hour ago, StormKat said:

Is it sad that I watch those videos and try to scroll and right-drag to shift around the view?

Not at all, that's perfectly normal behaviour. If you don't do that it's a sign that you're not KSPing hard enough. 

• 2 weeks later...

Saw this thread last week (final exam week), and it inspired me to have my own take on this Korolev Cross thing (truth to be told, I've never heard about it before :sealed:).

Here's the result: 

One thing to note:

On 12/15/2015 at 1:33 PM, MK3424 said:

Yeah, but Korolev's cross is done in a special way: https://youtu.be/MyRSO5P6IVI?t=4m11s

-snip-

I've decided to not go for the more obvious aft detachment, because of this gif here: http://imgur.com/gallery/EU7c24I

19 hours ago, Blastard said:

Saw this thread last week (final exam week), and it inspired me to have my own take on this Korolev Cross thing (truth to be told, I've never heard about it before :sealed:).

Here's the result: 

One thing to note:

I've decided to not go for the more obvious aft detachment, because of this gif here: http://imgur.com/gallery/EU7c24I

Wow, looks very much like the real one.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.