XXX hit the launch pad when in orbit

New bug affecting existing ships

When I load up onto my science lab bearing space planes I get explosions and the F3 reports that XXX struck the launch pad. These are ships that have been in orbit for days and one is even on a trajectory to leave the Kerbin sphere of influence. The parts being broken tend to be wings. As these are spaceplane labs intended to land their science this is a mission failure. It is on at least two of my save games and two of the in flight ships.

When I loaded on other nights had no problem

I say again ships flying in orbit and accessed over various times are now reporting in space they are hitting the launch pad

Recent updates done to Kerbal Alarm Clock but I dont think that would do a thing to the launch pad

edit:

Backed game up to the main menu and loaded again. An earlier save still had all the parts and so far no explosions. So this is a problem that isn't always repeatable. At least I can keep flying for now.

Edited by brygun

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.