The Expanse technical thread

SomeGuy123

3 hours ago, tater said:

It single handedly made me stop watching the show. I tried last year, and saw something that annoyed me, and stopped. A friend likes the show, and I gave it another chance, only to see that utter nonsense. It wasn't dramatic license, it was awful. It's nice to see that the creator didn't like it, but they should have reshot it, frankly. Maybe next year I'll watch again. Probably not.

You really are not ever going to like it if you watch one episode per year. This isn't a sitcom or Star Trek. It's not even Babylon 5 with an overall story arc that runs through a bunch of episodes, but each episode tells a complete shorter story. It's more like HBO (Game Of Thrones, Westworld, etc.). There is not a story per episode -- there is only one story and you have to watch all the episodes in sequential order if you want to have any idea who these people are or what they are doing.

So it sounds like this isn't the show for you.

1 minute ago, mikegarrison said:

Like I said, it sounds like this isn't the show for you.

Little is, SF wise, frankly. I liked B5 for a while (the last couple seasons were awful, IMO, when they went to crowding ships into one frame, presumably because they thought it looked cool, when in fact shooting BVR was far more interesting, and is what made me like it).

I didn't like the Nat Geo Mars thing, either (the 2033 nonsense).

that scene kinda had me scratching my head too. the thing that bothered me was that it seemed like he was pulling gs, but from his perspective he should have not felt any gravity at all. and there would not have been any need for the ship to change orientation so frequently as to need to do it so quickly as to make things uncomfortable for the pilot. i guess the combination hank williams and beer tends to make things work funny in space (kinda remind me of the black hole and johnny cash scene in s.a.a.b.). of course i dont think ive seen any scifi tv show do things perfectly, the only other one that even tried to be hard scifi was babylon5, but some of the aliens were certainly using clarke's third law "sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic", so only the humans and some of the younger races were using the laws of physics. im not going to let this deter me from my show, there arent enough scifi shows as it is these days.

Edited by Nuke

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.