Congratulations team HECATE!

SQUAD

tumblr_inline_nzisbfBtNt1rr2wit_540.png

234 students from 108 universities in 38 countries participated in the European Space Agency’s Moon Challenge. The goal for the 22 teams was to plan and design a moon mission in which human-robotic exploration takes center stage, and they could use Kerbal Space Program to visualize their concepts.

The top three entries were selected to be presented during the  Moon 2020–2030: A New Era of Human and Robotic Exploration” symposium that took place earlier this week.

Team HECATE came out on top, and is it a coincidence that they were one of the teams that used KSP to visualize their concept? Regardless, a well deserved congratulations to the winners, the runners-up and everyone else who participated. We thoroughly enjoyed your work.

7 hours ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

Congrats, but that launch sequence at the start of the posted video, with the mash-up of NASA renders and KSP was really weird to watch.

Hello, I was part of the team. The mash up is of KSP and our own renderings (not NASA). Some of the team (not me) spent ages on the 3D design and did a great job so I guess thinking they are NASA works is complimentary to their work! :)

Thank you all!! I am Davide, the main creator of HECATE's video. I also worked on the orbital mechanics and general mission analysis of the project as well as cost estimates and risk analysis :) 

We have a slightly updated video than the one linked in the original post. Please check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-Y1y9YJv-U

By the way, the renderings not done with KSP were actually done by other team members of ours, mainly Agata and Juan, not by NASA lol 

Thank you all for the support. Any feedback is greatly valued :D 

12 hours ago, Unigamer said:

Hello, I was part of the team. The mash up is of KSP and our own renderings (not NASA). Some of the team (not me) spent ages on the 3D design and did a great job so I guess thinking they are NASA works is complimentary to their work! :)

Great work on the mission!  I don't mean weird in a bad way, I'm just used to seeing KSP, and it's odd to see it with other stuff.  Congrats again!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.