[Question] Invisible part

Hey, i recently made an engine in blender, and i loaded it up into KSP. It wasn\'t there. I moused over where it should have been, and it turns out its there. But its invisible. Attached is the part folder, theres no .blend because i forgot to save it.

Umm... Try 'Recalculating Normals' from the tools panel. I get problems sometimes where the inside of my engine nozzle is transparent, which happens because the normals are not facing outside. Since you have a texture...

1. Did you apply a material to the objects? I recommend a simple, default grey or white material.

2. Did you apply the texture by dragging and dropping the .png onto the object in the Scene Hierarchy, or by dragging and dropping it onto the 'Materials' box in the Inspector?

3. Check your part.cfg. AFAIK, you shouldn\'t have all the specPower and alphaCutOff things inside anymore.

4. Check your normals like I said. Transparent/invisible objects are usually caused by normals facing the wrong way.

Umm... Try 'Recalculating Normals' from the tools panel. I get problems sometimes where the inside of my engine nozzle is transparent, which happens because the normals are not facing outside. Since you have a texture...

1. Did you apply a material to the objects? I recommend a simple, default grey or white material.

2. Did you apply the texture by dragging and dropping the .png onto the object in the Scene Hierarchy, or by dragging and dropping it onto the 'Materials' box in the Inspector?

3. Check your part.cfg. AFAIK, you shouldn\'t have all the specPower and alphaCutOff things inside anymore.

4. Check your normals like I said. Transparent/invisible objects are usually caused by normals facing the wrong way.

1. Yes

2. Wat. I use blender. Not sure you\'re talking about blender.

3.Yep

4. I lost the file anyways. Whatever.

I figured it out! Its got nothing to do with blender. What you did (or rather, didnt) do, is put in the line setting the texture.

So just add

texture = engine1clr.png

To your cfg and your good. (also, when I tryed it out your model was kinda messed over. its not centered very well....)

EDIT: If you want, you can import the .dae to blender and make a new blender save file.....

I figured it out! Its got nothing to do with blender. What you did (or rather, didnt) do, is put in the line setting the texture.

So just add

texture = engine1clr.png

To your cfg and your good. (also, when I tryed it out your model was kinda messed over. its not centered very well....)

EDIT: If you want, you can import the .dae to blender and make a new blender save file.....

Any idea on how to fix the out of line thing?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.