How do I keep ablator from burning off while warping (or hanging around for a while) at Moho?

What the title says, if you hang around Moho or timewarp for a significant amount of time, the ablator for your return craft burns off, which is incredibly annoying and inconvenient. So, how do I stop it from doing that?

Edit: wierd, the Dres probe had it's return module ablator burnt off too for some reason......

Edited by smjjames

Mount radiators on the ship.  Specifically, the folding-panel ones that rotate to stay edge-on to the sun.  They'll suck heat out of everything and keep things cool.

I haven't specifically tested this with ablator at Moho, but I suspect it'll do the trick.

21 minutes ago, Snark said:

Mount radiators on the ship.  Specifically, the folding-panel ones that rotate to stay edge-on to the sun.  They'll suck heat out of everything and keep things cool.

I haven't specifically tested this with ablator at Moho, but I suspect it'll do the trick.

It worked in 1.0.4.  Haven't been to Moho in 1.0.5 however.

1 hour ago, Geschosskopf said:

It worked in 1.0.4.  Haven't been to Moho in 1.0.5 however.

If it worked in 1.0.4, it'll work much better in 1.0.5, for two reasons. First, they've added a feature for radiators that allows them to pump heat out of things cooler than themselves (active refrigeration), so they can keep things much cooler than before in a hot environment. Second, in places like Moho where there's a lot of solar heating, the folding panels got much better because of a bugfix. Before 1.0.5 they didn't get the benefit of being edge-on to the sun, and therefore could end up absorbing more than they radiated.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.