RCS thrusters not working sigghhh

okay I got all the updated moduel manages ...but my rcs thrusters arent showing nor are they working..i have no monoprop but infinite rcs is on yet still nothing 

I am running a modded 1.0.5 KSP and here are my mods

xscience

toolbar

light adjustment

antennarange

asteroidday

contact config and packs

contracts window

distant object

DM science

DP sound FX docking sounds

raster prop mod

KAS KISS

real chute 

spacey lifters

stage recovery

todi tools

KAC transfer WP

and vessel view

got some weird moduel stuff under that but...not sure if they are important...

[Error]: Cannot find an InternalModule of typename 'DPAI_RPM' is what im getting now...oh my...

^ fixed this and

I found out that infinite RCS no longer works....hmmmm

Edited by Haguruma

Probably a mod conflict. Try disabling some mods to see if the problem goes away. Does KAC transfer WP have anything to do with resource transfer? Try disabling that first.

Another way to do this is to make a clean install and see if the problem persists. (Probably not in this case.) Then add a few mods at a time until it breaks. Sometimes everything keeps working; problem solved!

Do you use CKAN? That makes it easier.

16 hours ago, Haguruma said:

i have no monoprop but infinite rcs is on yet still nothing

I think for infinite fuel/rcs you need at least a positive amount of fuel/rcs on board to make it effective?

Edited by FancyMouse

5 hours ago, FancyMouse said:

I think for infinite fuel/rcs you need at least a positive amount of fuel/rcs on board to make it effective?

This is true.  The infinite cheats do not create resources, they just keep them from being consumed.  The engines still need some resources aboard to function.  So if you have zero of the required resources,  your engines won't work.

5 hours ago, sardia said:

You have the wrong cheat on. The correct cheat is infinite fuel, which gives you infinite RCS + Engine power. The cheat "Infinite RCS" strangely does not enable RCS fuel.

It used to I know it did ..... 

7 hours ago, Geschosskopf said:

This is true.  The infinite cheats do not create resources, they just keep them from being consumed.  The engines still need some resources aboard to function.  So if you have zero of the required resources,  your engines won't work.

so the monoprop doesnt count?

ah well i cant have infinite fuel on because thats to much cheating

1 hour ago, Haguruma said:

ah well i cant have infinite fuel on because thats to much cheating

Well, if you want to make RCS really really cheap (i.e. effectively free) without affecting other engines, you could always create a snippet of ModuleManager config to boost the Isp of RCS thrusters to something ridiculously high.  Then they'll have really tiny fuel consumption, so just a wee bit of monopropellant will suffice for a very long time.

It would literally just be three or four lines of config, basically just encoding "take anything that's an RCS device using monopropellant and multiply its Isp by 100" or whatever.

Edited by Snark

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.