Analog control inputs from gamepad

Ok, so the words "Steam Controller" might have have killed interest in answering. Let me try one more time but ask a bigger question:

Primary question: Does KSP allow for analog gamepad inputs? That is, does gamepad support allow partial control inputs or can joysticks only input full deflections as with a keyboard? I would like to fly an airplane without having to flick control surfaces to full deflection.

Corollary: The official steam controller profile maps keyboard inputs to the controller's joystick. If possible, I would like to change this to analog inputs. Is that possible?

Edited by Bedwyr
Rephrasing question.

So do the Logitech pad sticks give an analogue control input or do they just map to WASD, full control deflection as with the keyboard? Do you know what input axes they're mapping if they are?

So far I'm kosher with the Steam Controller's operation once i grokked what they were doing (and I'm amazingly impressed by all the mode shifting stuff they did... You really don't need to use the keyboard at all. The only key bindings I feel I'm missing are X and C in the VAB), EXCEPT for the flight control inputs. That's not a huge problem with rockets but it makes airplane control, not to put too fine a point on it, complete pants. I'm a real life pilot and, well, partial input should result in partial deflection. It's just a thing, you know?

Edited by Bedwyr
spelling (and grammar, sigh)

The standard KSP settings lets you bind joystick axes to flight control axes. I use a 360 pad and have the left stick as pitch and roll and the triggers as yaw. All fully analogue, makes for very smooth flying. The only thing that's awkward is trim, I needed an external tool to get it set.

• 5 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.