What is wrong with KSP?

Version: 1.0.5 non-Steam 32bit

Hi everyone,

I had KSP for a long time and I just started using it again, on a gaming PC. I started to build a multi-purpose station that consisted of more than 400 parts. The game performance was horrible. I was getting 1fps per second according to the performance menu. It was incredibly painful having 1fps. It made docking pretty much impossible. I don't know about you, but 1fps makes me dizzy when watching the screen.

Anyways, I looked at task manager and KSP was only using 30% of my CPU and 1.7GB RAM! Overall, only 35% of CPU was being used on my computer and 69% RAM. I just don't get it. Why is it lagging so much? It is hardly utilizing my new gaming PC's resource at all. I have other simulation softwares and they work fine. For example, Microsoft Flight Simulator X and Prepar3D run fine for me. For any of you who don't know, those 2 simulation software are the ultimate PC killer.  My computer can run it around 20fps. However with KSP I only get 1fps with 65% CPU and 31% RAM unused.

This must mean KSP is hardly using my PC's resources well at all. What is wrong here? I really want to build interstellar ships and big space stations but KSP is really limiting my ceativity. The computer bascially has no problems coping at all. However, KSP starts to lag after 400+ parts, and this is just getting annoying- it takes the fun away and it wastes a lot of time.:mad:

Any help will be appreciated. :)

Just looked, It could be that or it could be fraps, or any number of other things, it could even be settings, many players turn their physics delta up to maximum not realizing that it's setting the largest steps between physics ticks, resulting in a low frame rate.

Setting it low forces KSP to slow the game instead of dropping frames.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.