1) I always switch the Linux default for the Modifier key (which is RightShift) to the "left Windows key". This sadly has to be done in the settings config file.

This should be configurable in the in-game key settings!

2) While the new orbital lines are nice with the thin/bold thing going on, it is completely counter-intuitive to me and sometimes not nice at all, when one is looking at the very near future of your craft, the thin line can be nearly invisible. It might not be to hard to have a switch or just a hotkey which would switch between fancy and "old" or even turn around the thin/bold direction? Maybe via the modifier key, only while being pushed?

3) When my craft is fully seated, I cannot move two Kerbals between two seats without having one EVE to allow moving. It would be nice when trying to move a Kerbal to a fully seated compartment, to have him/her switch seats with one of those.

4) Grouping or better filtering of craft in the map overview. It would be lovely if groups could be set up or craft could be filtered by things like "sphere of influence" aka "in orbit around", having queued  maneuver nodes, maybe even manned etc.

Additionally a "hide craft from overview" options would be great.

Edited by dr.phees
added 4)

4 hours ago, dr.phees said:

3) When my craft is fully seated, I cannot move two Kerbals between two seats without having one EVE to allow moving. It would be nice when trying to move a Kerbal to a fully seated compartment, to have him/her switch seats with one of those.

4) Grouping or better filtering of craft in the map overview. It would be lovely if groups could be set up or craft could be filtered by things like "sphere of influence" aka "in orbit around", having queued  maneuver nodes, maybe even manned etc.

Additionally a "hide craft from overview" options would be great.

#3 is rare but definitely an issue.

As for #4 I definitely would like grouping by SOI.  And I would like a jump directly to the tracking station when you call up the menu.  It's annoying to have to wait for KSC to load.  (Will that be an issue with 64-bit anyway?)

• 2 weeks later...

I have a suggestion for the VAB, SPH, and when in flight. When you have a slider that you can adjust, for example, fuel amount, or thrust limiting, after we click on the slider once, LET US TYPE NUMBERS, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. Thank you.

16 minutes ago, vcordie said:

I have a suggestion for the VAB, SPH, and when in flight. When you have a slider that you can adjust, for example, fuel amount, or thrust limiting, after we click on the slider once, LET US TYPE NUMBERS, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. Thank you.

The sliders are so dang imprecise and randomly skip numbers please give us this!

2) While the new orbital lines are nice with the thin/bold thing going on, it is completely counter-intuitive to me and sometimes not nice at all, when one is looking at the very near future of your craft, the thin line can be nearly invisible.

It is in! You can switch the orbit line fade bahaviour! Well done, Squad!!

• 3 weeks later...

I have a LOT of ships in my saves... so I waste an inordinate amount of time scrolling through the long list of ship names when I want to open a ship file in the VAB or SPH. Could we PLEASE be able to type a few characters of the ship's name and have the list jump to ship names starting with those letters?? This has been standard practice in graphical user interfaces since the dawn of time (the dawn of GUI time, anyway), and it would make my life easier.

Suggestion: in the tracking station, have the possibility to assign a 'group' string to the selected vessel, similar to how you can rename them or change their type. Then, at the top of the vessel list on the left, add a textbox. Filter the content of the vessel list by group using the content of that textbox. An empty textbox will show all vessels. Bonus point 1: place an 'x' icon on the right of the textbox to clear it. Bonus point 2: the group string can store space-separed 'tags' and the textbox content is matched against one of them.

I'd like to suggest adding control trim (Mod + w, a, s, d) to the key binding settings. This would be very helpful for aircraft, allowing trim to be assigned to joystick buttons. I'd also like to see map focus (Tab, Shift Tab) added to binding settings. Have you ever shift tabbed you map focus only to find that you've throttled up your engine?

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like to add some ideas about the action groups.

1. Could we have an extra ui bar that can be minimised like the navball that has the custom action groups as buttons within it? Below the Navball'd probably be favorite.

2. Could we then "Nickname" the custom action groups so that when you hover over the AG button it hovers a text box with the AG Nickname you give it ie, nickname AG-1 Turbines, AG-2 Rockets, AG-3 Nuke, AG-4 Spoilers, AG-5 Drill, AG-6 Refine so AG1 is toggle atmo engines, 2 is toggle rocket/closecycle, 3 toggle nukes, 4 toggle spoilers/airbrakes, 5 deploy drills, radiators, solar/fuelcell 6  Toggle Drilling, Toggle ISRU. etc etc etc ad infinitum

I'd like to forward the motion of the idea already posted to edit the action groups mid-flight for when craft dock etc too.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Idk where this would go and don’t know if it’s just my issue or if other have it too. But I have an EXTREMELY hard time reading the text in game. Its just the light on light text hurts to try and read. Maybe larger text or the option to change the text color or something like that. 

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The way that the mouse controls the camera could be a lot more flexible. There's an old-ish planetarium app called Celestia whose camera controls, I think, KSP should imitate closely. There are three main differences between them.

One is that the camera has unlimited movement in all directions around its focus. I'm not quite sure how to explain this, but let's say you're viewing Mars. You hold down the right mouse button to move the camera around, just as in KSP; but if you keep dragging your mouse in a given direction, the camera will continue to revolve around Mars, without interruption, for ever. KSP's camera can only circle once in any direction before it stops and won't move any further.

The second main difference is that Celestia's camera can roll. To do this, you hold down both mouse buttons and move the mouse to the left or right. KSP's camera obviously can't do this. Also, moving the mouse forward or backward with both buttons held down will move Celestia's camera toward or away from its focus. This control is redundant in Celestia, since the mouse wheel does the same thing, but in KSP it could free the mouse wheel up for some other control. (Throttle, maybe? And in the VAB/SPH, it could replace shift+wheel as the in/out control.)

The third main difference is that Celestia's camera pans/tilts when you hold down the left mouse button over an empty space (i.e. a place on the screen where there are no buttons or objects to left-click on). KSP does the same thing when you hold the middle button, which is why I don't think that this difference is as important as the first two, but doing it Celestia's way could free up the middle button for something else. (My suggestion: it should toggle Map View.)

Edited by chbenengeli

• 2 months later...

I have some ~500 saved ships in the VAB load menu. It is very difficult to find the ships I want to load. I can work around such a large list by naming them alphabetically by planet. But scrolling through a list of ~500 saved ships is tedious, regardless of naming convention. Could we have a search/filter option to find saved ships by name?

• 1 year later...

I have a suggestion - 

I'd like to see a library of all the Kerbal parts - What they do and what they look like in action - I'm talking about Solar panels that deploy like a Solar sail or for that matter just panels.   

After all... How do I know what part to use if I don't truly know or understand what it's purpose is.  I'm not against throwing a part on and seeing what it does, but there are a lot of parts to this and understanding what goes with what and what is needed for what has been all a crapshoot. 

And what's with the landing gear?  I understand this is Kerbal SPACE program - but part of getting ready for space is aerodynamics and since we have a airport (and even the highest level runway has flaws) and we need to or should build aircraft as well as shuttles... it would be nice to have better gear and more choices, even in the early stages of the game... We'd know about landing gear since we have vehicles running all over the hanger.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.