[1.8.x] Precise Maneuver editor

Morse

Clicking AN and DN buttons sets the maneuver node's position to a quarter-turn ahead/behind of the actual ascending/descending nodes' positions rather than actually on them. Is that just me?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, thanks for this, awesome stuff. One thing that drives me nuts though, is the separate + - buttons. I got so used to just left-right clicking for this function, that it's really painful to switch the buttons. Could you make right click as substraction, or at least an option for it?

@Morse

I have a big problem with maneuver nodes, as can be seen here in this video. At 20:02 I can not delete this node anymore or click anything on the orbit. Only fixable by a complete KSP restart. Space Center, Main Menu, clearing input locks, nothing helps. I use a highly modded installation that also uses Maneuver Node Evolved (MNE) but I assume this is unrelated.

However, I was able to reproduce the issue (MNE was uninstalled) like shown here in this video.
Just add 2 nodes, open PM, close PM. Done. Bugged.

Could you please take a look? :) o/

Edited by Jebs_SY

Ok, I confirm this. The problem happens when you close the PM window with the dropdown list extended. I guess it somehow screws the unity canvas magic.

Well, another unity bug that needs to be worked around. Nothing new really :)

While it was a bit before my time, I greatly appreciate the evolution of written language from hieroglyphics to text. :-) The icons might be cute, and they do avoid the problem of translating to different languages, but I had to go skim through this thread to figure out what some of them were. Perhaps a short help page option in the app? A full tutorial would obviously be overboard, but at least a one-line description of each icon as a key. Mouseover help would be an alternative, but I'm guessing that would be harder.

I looked into mouseovers. First, unity doesn't provide an easy way to implement them, and second, KSP doesn't use them for default UI. So it'll be hard to implement and it'll be dissonant with the rest of the game.

I'll introduce a KSPedia entry at some point for the plugin.

Also, I'll appreciate if someone will come up with better and more intuitive icons :)

Yeah. A KSPedia entry would answer the request fine. I wasn't aware that was an option for 3rd-party things or I might have suggested it. That's pretty much the same thing as my help screen suggestion, but integrated with the KSP help.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm getting a repeated Null Reference Exception and game lockup after changing vessel focus to Minmus and clicking the "copy" button.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ManeuverNode.OnGizmoUpdated (Vector3d dV, Double ut) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSPPreciseManeuver.NodeManager.updateNodes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSPPreciseManeuver.PreciseManeuver.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Full output log here:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AnQSD8kswzEXr4s4VlpJRWVmvMPKoA

On ‎10‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 3:51 AM, westamastaflash said:

I'm getting a repeated Null Reference Exception and game lockup after changing vessel focus to Minmus and clicking the "copy" button.

at ManeuverNode.OnGizmoUpdated (Vector3d dV, Double ut) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSPPreciseManeuver.NodeManager.updateNodes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSPPreciseManeuver.PreciseManeuver.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Full output log here:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AnQSD8kswzEXr4s4VlpJRWVmvMPKoA

This looks like a KSP bug which I reported two months ago: http://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/13711

But in my experience it never caused a lockup before, just annoying spam in the logs. To avoid it, try interacting with the maneuver before using the mod, the bug appears when you modify the maneuver that never had a gizmo before.

This is an awesome mod thank you. I'm liking it much better than Precise Node and that's a must have for me. This is great.

When I hit keypad 0, it will change increment but only down, and won't cycle. So, if I use it it will start at 100 lets say and then go to 10 but I can't get it back to 100. If I hit keypad 0 a hundred times it will stay at 0.001. Is anyone else having this or is it just me?

17 hours ago, J3ansley said:

When I hit keypad 0, it will change increment but only down, and won't cycle.

That is an intentional behavior, to not accidentally drop a hundred when you're fine tuning. The idea is that you start by rough adjustment, at go to a finer and finer.

Alt+keypad0 will increase the increment. Or, to be more precise, Alt+"whatever button you assigned".

• 3 weeks later...

It's not working for me.

The precise input is missing and several UI elements are moody, sometimes the come when toggled on, sometimes not...

In short:

at KSPPreciseManeuver.NodeTools.getTargetOrbit (.CelestialBody refbody) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSPPreciseManeuver.MainWindow+UTControlInterface.get_ANAvailable () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSPPreciseManeuver.UI.UTControl.updateControls () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSPPreciseManeuver.UI.UTControl.SetUTControl (IUTControl utControl) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSPPreciseManeuver.MainWindow.createUtAxisControls (UnityEngine.GameObject panel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSPPreciseManeuver.MainWindow.fillSection (Int32 num, Boolean state, KSPPreciseManeuver.UI.DraggableWindow window, System.Action`1 createControls, Boolean initial) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSPPreciseManeuver.MainWindow.fillSection (ModuleType type, KSPPreciseManeuver.UI.DraggableWindow window, System.Action`1 createControls, Boolean initial) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSPPreciseManeuver.MainWindow.updateMainWindow (KSPPreciseManeuver.UI.DraggableWindow window) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSPPreciseManeuver.PreciseManeuver.openMainWindow () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Full log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9xp3z52fa2qmpo9/2017-05-10-1 KSP.log.7z?dl=1

17 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

The precise input is missing and several UI elements are moody, sometimes the come when toggled on, sometimes not...

The reproduction steps might be nice. Also, can you provide some logfiles that are... less then 300 MB :), although they probably won't help much, because getTargetOrbit() mostly deals with KSP API, and there is not much I can see in logs about nullrefs there.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.