[1.8.x] Precise Maneuver editor

Morse

Hoe do I activate the maneuver gizmo????  I see no button on the display.  So it must be a hotkey?  Also p does not show/hide like precise node did so what is the hotkey for that???

Maybe a hotkey list in the OP would be nice?

To see the window you need to be in the map view and to actually create a maneuver node. "p" won't do anything before that. To select the needed modules you should press the button in the mod panel. The button appears in map view when you are able to create nodes (in career mode the building updates must be done).

5 hours ago, disembodied said:

Can you make it possible to edit the UT by clicking and typing in the box? Also, a +1 orbit/-1 orbit button would be really handy.

All this is planned for 2.2, if I find a way to lock the input. I want to wait for KSP 1.2 first to see where it is going with the GUI migration.

• 4 weeks later...

Feature request: add extra drag widgets for Time to the Maneuver gizmo.

Say, I want the lowest Kerbin periapsis on least delta-V on departure from Mun . This is achieved by placing the node at the precise location. I can click +/- on "UT" but it would be much more graceful to do it with a gizmo... never mind +100/-100 seconds, in case of some orbits is absolutely pathetic.

At first, thank you for your mod!

Is it possible to understand look like PreciseNode SOI's pereapsis? In PreciseNode it possible, and you can show your SOI's pereapsis in the panel of mod. In this mod I know how to check only current pereapsis (of cource, I can use mouse point, and move it to the pereapsis icon, but it's too difficult check it after all changes of maneuver)

On 16.09.2016 at 1:45 PM, Sharpy said:

Feature request: add extra drag widgets for Time to the Maneuver gizmo.

Say, I want the lowest Kerbin periapsis on least delta-V on departure from Mun . This is achieved by placing the node at the precise location. I can click +/- on "UT" but it would be much more graceful to do it with a gizmo... never mind +100/-100 seconds, in case of some orbits is absolutely pathetic.

Dragging the whole gizmo left or right will move the maneuver in time.

37 minutes ago, Polnoch said:

At first, thank you for your mod!

Is it possible to understand look like PreciseNode SOI's pereapsis? In PreciseNode it possible, and you can show your SOI's pereapsis in the panel of mod. In this mod I know how to check only current pereapsis (of cource, I can use mouse point, and move it to the pereapsis icon, but it's too difficult check it after all changes of maneuver)

"Current" periapsis? As, for your current orbit? I don't show such info. I only show PE of the planned orbit (after the maneuver). You can also see the closest approach point for your next encounter in the "next encounter" section.

Screenshot is in the OP. To enable the "next encounter" section, press the relevant button in the menu. You'll see the "Next enc.:" label, the button with the name of the celestial body (press to focus view) and the label "PE:" which is the closest approach.

On ‎27‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 5:27 PM, Crabman said:

Is there a way to put node on closest approach while doing a rendezvous of two vessels in the same SOI with this mod?

No, there is not. Never had any problems to just put the maneuver node manually to the closest approach point.

On 9/27/2016 at 9:27 AM, Crabman said:

Is there a way to put node on closest approach while doing a rendezvous of two vessels in the same SOI with this mod?

You probably don't need a maneuver node for that at all.  I just set the navball to target relative reference and burn retrograde until velocity hits zero.

36 minutes ago, Vegemeister said:

You probably don't need a maneuver node for that at all.  I just set the navball to target relative reference and burn retrograde until velocity hits zero.

For final rendezvous, sure, but on the step before that I frequently want a node just after the closest approach (that may not actually be all that close) so I can set up a burn to make that approach really close.

Version 2.2-pre is available now.

I think I found a way to add a long-asked feature of editable input fields without constant screw-ups because of the wrong focus. See for yourself if this is convenient for you. The keyboard input locks are a mess! I hope I did everything right for the input not to mess with the stock KSP, but there might be conflicts with other mods. Tell me what you find.

+/- 1 orbit was an easy task, as well as AP/PE for gizmo. Other than that, just some small tweak and fixes.

1 hour ago, Morse said:

Version 2.2-pre is available now.

Thank you muchly. Now I can stop holding my breath and working very hard to be patient and avoid asking counterproductive nagging questions about when such a thing would be out. :-) Seems to work at first glance.

Hi. Thanks so much for the quick 1.2pre update and for the mod in general. Way more useful than Precise Node. I'm glad you forked it.

Just a couple things about this pre-release.

a) The UT text box doesn't let me enter anything. I tried many different focuses.

b) The UT box never changes its display value. It takes the value of wherever I place the node, but does not update after that. I tried Orbit+, manually dragging, and regular UT increments. All with hotkeys and clicks.

c) The Orbit+ button works, but not the Orbit- button.

d) Whenever the Precise Maneuver window pops up after creating a node, it is in a minimized form that only shows the Node Pager. In order to see the rest of the inputs, I have to toggle one of the options in the settings. Clicking on the minimized window and manually changing the node does not open it. The hotkeys are still able to change the node while minimized, but obviously I can't see what's changing in the window.

All-in-all, it's still the greatest. Thanks again.

edit: After a complete game restart; b, c, and d have all resolved themselves. First-launch bug? I wish I had tried that before posting. My bad. I still can't enter anything into the UT field. But, that doesn't really bother me much.

edit2: I was able to reproduce all these bugs by selecting a node from the pager. UT doesn't update, pops up minimized, and Orbit- grayed out again. If more than one node exists, the top < and > buttons no longer work, and I can't select another node from the drop down.

Edited by mikemcdonald83
Update

5 hours ago, mikemcdonald83 said:

a) The UT text box doesn't let me enter anything. I tried many different focuses.

It's not supposed to be editable. While I can understand why people would want to enter exact pre-calculated values for dv, I see absolutely no reason to enter the exact UT.

b) The UT box never changes its display value. It takes the value of wherever I place the node, but does not update after that. I tried Orbit+, manually dragging, and regular UT increments. All with hotkeys and clicks.

Shouldn't be like this

c) The Orbit+ button works, but not the Orbit- button.

Is the button grayed out? If so, it means that there is no possibility to subtract the orbit - the maneuver is less than one period in the future.

d) Whenever the Precise Maneuver window pops up after creating a node, it is in a minimized form that only shows the Node Pager. In order to see the rest of the inputs, I have to toggle one of the options in the settings. Clicking on the minimized window and manually changing the node does not open it. The hotkeys are still able to change the node while minimized, but obviously I can't see what's changing in the window.

There is no such thing as "minimized window". If the window doesn't show, that can only mean bug.

I'd like to see the logs. The nature of the prerelease is such, that things are constantly changing. Maybe we just have different versions of KSP, or maybe something deeper is happening.

7 minutes ago, Morse said:

It's not supposed to be editable. While I can understand why people would want to enter exact pre-calculated values for dv, I see absolutely no reason to enter the exact UT.

I have copied one node's UT in PreciseNode and pasted it into the other. I've also manually modified a digit to jump forward what would take like 100 clicks of the "+time" button.

The second one's fairly rare, but the first is pretty common for me. It's how I send multiple ships interplanetary in the same transfer window that is multiple orbits (and sometimes many many days) in the future.

3 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

It's how I send multiple ships interplanetary in the same transfer window

So you need a way to copy the maneuver from one ship to another (I guess you copy not only UT but also dV). I'll think of something for that. I plan for copy-paste tool anyway, to integrate with TWP.

7 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

I've also manually modified a digit to jump forward what would take like 100 clicks of the "+time" button.

I could do the "+orbit" button repeatable. I guess I underestimated how far into the future people want their maneuvers.

22 minutes ago, Morse said:

So you need a way to copy the maneuver from one ship to another (I guess you copy not only UT but also dV). I'll think of something for that. I plan for copy-paste tool anyway, to integrate with TWP.

No I just copy the UT. The dV (and exact time by dragging once in the ballpark, ie the correct orbit) always need tweaking anyway for each ship. A copy/paste of a node would be great for that.

23 minutes ago, Morse said:

I guess I underestimated how far into the future people want their maneuvers.

Yeah I tend to launch ships into LKO when they're ready to be built, and might not eject for quite some time. One of the joys of not playing with a Life Support mod :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.