[1.8.x] Precise Maneuver editor

Morse

Thanks you both. I'll look into your translation soon™. But I already see that you have quite a different opinion about things. Which is weird. My german is very basic, so I'll have to cross-check it first.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for making such a great mod!

But since the name is precise maneuver I am confused to why you can finetune maneuvers in smaller increments using the stock maneuver nodes than by using this mod.

5 hours ago, 5o3dl said:

But since the name is precise maneuver I am confused to why you can finetune maneuvers in smaller increments using the stock maneuver nodes than by using this mod.

You can enter a dV in hundredths of m/s.  I think that's more precise than stock. :D

18 hours ago, 5o3dl said:

I do not think that is true, unless you have some other mod that might be conflicting?

• 1 month later...
On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 2:21 AM, 5o3dl said:

You may enter the numbers with greater precision, but there is no point in that. The calculation error during the interplanetary transitions is bigger than the difference you get with 0.01 m/s.

Hi, absolutely wonderful mod ! I can't go back to anything else.

I have just one request though, that's been done multiple times over this topic's pages and I still don't understand why you don't want to add the feature. Could you add the total deltaV of multiple nodes somewhere please ?

I know we can see the list of deltaVs, but summing in your head can be quite tedious if you have to fiddle a lot to get the best trip deltaV you want. Two use cases when I really need the total deltaV : interplanetary travel planning from LKO (you need a lot of maneuver nodes - at least three - to get to the target planet's orbit, and deltaVs can be very large, you really need to check the total deltaV for the trip isn't exceeding your vessel capabilities if you travel on a budget) and tricky orbital changes (I'm trying to figure out what should be the best intermediate trajectories to go from one orbit to the other and Hohmann isn't always enough if you need inclination and/or argument of periapsis changes on eccentric orbits; so you need multiple maneuvers for that and trying to come up with the most efficient way of doing it without reading the total deltaV anywhere can require a lot of head computation...).

You could add it at the end of the list for example if you don't have any room left on the window. Please consider adding it, you would save me (and not only me, once again it has been requested a lot) a lot of sanity !

@Dexter9313

The only reason I don't implement any particular feature request, is if I don't see the place for it in my design concept. I see the task of the mod to help a player create a perfect maneuver. One at a time. I see it as the player already has an idea of what a maneuver must look like, and needs an instrument to make it. That's why all the gui is designed for that. Multiple maneuvers, transition planning, time warping, all that is beyond the design concept. That's why there would be no simple place where to put all that random stuff. The only thing that is in the mod that's not related to maneuver creation is KAC integration. And it was there before I fully fleshed out the current design approach, I probably wouldn't add it now. Also, it kinda fits inside the gui, so I have no intention of removing it.

3 hours ago, GearsNSuch said:

@Dexter9313

The mod Flight Plan might be what you are looking for. It shows all the events that will take place in your current mission and displays the total ∆v.

Also, KER has a displayable parameter of total dVI've forgotten what it's actually called, but it's there.

Update: In KER, Under the Orbital category, Manoeuvre Node DeltaV (Total) is the one you're looking for.  The advantage is that it's always visible if you have at least one maneuver node so you wouldn't have to use a dropdown list in Precise Maneuver.

Edited by Brigadier
Found it!

5 hours ago, Morse said:

@Dexter9313

The only reason I don't implement any particular feature request, is if I don't see the place for it in my design concept. I see the task of the mod to help a player create a perfect maneuver. One at a time. I see it as the player already has an idea of what a maneuver must look like, and needs an instrument to make it. That's why all the gui is designed for that. Multiple maneuvers, transition planning, time warping, all that is beyond the design concept. That's why there would be no simple place where to put all that random stuff. The only thing that is in the mod that's not related to maneuver creation is KAC integration. And it was there before I fully fleshed out the current design approach, I probably wouldn't add it now. Also, it kinda fits inside the gui, so I have no intention of removing it.

Alright then ! That clarifies that.

3 hours ago, Brigadier said:

Also, KER has a displayable parameter of total dVI've forgotten what it's actually called, but it's there.

Update: In KER, Under the Orbital category, Manoeuvre Node DeltaV (Total) is the one you're looking for.  The advantage is that it's always visible if you have at least one maneuver node so you wouldn't have to use a dropdown list in Precise Maneuver.

Wow I forgot about that and I have KER installed... Thanks ;)

• 1 month later...

There is a bug with the UI of this mod.

ometimes, after i st up an node with the advanced tool i can no longer create maneouver nodes or stop time along the trajectory. I hover on the trajectory, i see the bulb, but when i click nothing happens, no menu, no thing. 

I created a node to go from Iota to Ceti. since it was a tricky maneuver i enabled the precise mod editor. i finished my course correction then closed the precise window. then i tried to click on the trajectory to warp to next maneuver and nothing happened.my mouse click was not working any more. The small sphere showed up on the trajectory following my mouse but when i click nothing. If i double click another body to focus view, again, nothing. I could not switch vessel , focus view or warp since the menu will not appear.

Quick save - quick load will not work. What did work is to reactivate the precise maneuver UI then i could suddenly click on the trajectory and get the warp to menu. After that i deactivated the ui and things went back to normal.

This bug for me is a frequent occurrence.

Where do i find the log ? And btw, this happened a few hours back, i kept plying from then on, i don't know if the log is still there.

Edited by Nicky21

21 hours ago, TheAngryHulk said:

Maybe a button for ejection angle that goes along with Kerbal Alarm Clock?

A what? As far as I know KAC has nothing to do with maneuvers and trajectories. PM has a "paste maneuver" functionality that can paste a maneuver copied from the TWP. If you have some other sources for maneuver information, I can consider them, but KAC is not such a source.

I have Window Transfer Planner. That mod has a feature to copy the info into KAC. KAC then has a button that allows you to see the ejection angle of the information. I would like to see PM have a button to put a maneuver on the exact spot of the ejection angle. I'll post a pic the next time I fire up KSP

Edited by TheAngryHulk

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.