[1.8.x] Precise Maneuver editor

Morse

4 hours ago, E-Rikkie said:

The text with the "flags" in map screen don't update while the mouse is over the PM window and you adjust the node.

Yes, this is the KSP bug, and I reported it upstream (you can follow it here: http://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/13014)

3 hours ago, Bookz said:

on CKAN Precise Maneuvers version 2:2.1 is listed as Max KSP version 1.1.

Yes, I never released the final version. I don't have time right now. Pre-release version should work though.

Maybe I'm crazy. But tonight as I'm playing, precise maneuver isn't working in the ship scene, it works in the map scene, along with DAMN (drop a maneuver node) but when I go back to the ship scene, they both disappear. Is this normal?? Or did something break? I can't remember for the life of me if PME worked in the ship scene before or not... But the buttons totally disappear from the stock toolbar when I go to the ship scene from the map scene.

I can not place anymore node after SOI transition , still figuring out steps and mods to reproduce it, the problem goes away by restarting KSP , save and load does not work

Edited by brusura

This mod is excellent. After spending some time with it, the only issue I have is with the UI updating, which is already known.

I'd like to make one request, if it hasn't already. Precise Node has an option called "intuitive behavior" which helps maintain the current Ap/Pe when adjusting +/- normal. If possible, I'd love to see that functionality in this mod.  Feature already exists(Turn Orbit).

Edited by symmeclept
see above

1 hour ago, symmeclept said:

This mod is excellent. After spending some time with it, the only issue I have is with the UI updating, which is already known.

I'd like to make one request, if it hasn't already. Precise Node has an option called "intuitive behavior" which helps maintain the current Ap/Pe when adjusting +/- normal. If possible, I'd love to see that functionality in this mod.

+1 vote for that intuituve behavior sir :D

On 10/30/2016 at 3:35 PM, Tarheel1999 said:

@symmeclept @Jiraiyah I may be mistaken but isn't this what Turn Orbit does?

Huh. I hadn't tried that feature, but yeah, more or less. It's not as precise, but easy enough to adjust. Thanks for pointing that out.

Edited by symmeclept
see above

24 minutes ago, symmeclept said:

Huh. I hadn't tried that feature, but yeah, more or less. It's not as precise, but easy enough to adjust. Thanks for pointing that out.

I think the amount of inclination change varies by the precision amount selected.  So while I haven't used it to much it should be possible to be fairly precise.

• 3 weeks later...

Seems it has some problems with asteroid encounter planning when it needs to round kerbin >60 days. I.e. i get a node with close encounter set, coming in 30 minutes, in fact it should be some around 60 days.

Having a node coming in 30 minutes and increasing count of orbiting by xx to 60 days, it switched back to 30 minutes (see my bugreport http://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/13310 which isn't a bug of KSP but of PM).

Might be because it's coming to initial intersection, but which wasn't correct and also couldn't set more than 60 days, which i'd have needed.

Btw. i might add, when switching to a craft with a node and want to adjust it by panel, it's throwing a NullReferenceException[...] until i clicked on the original KSP node gizmo, then it's ok again.

Running Linux64.

Edited by AlfFromKerbin

On 12/3/2016 at 0:23 AM, munxx said:

Hi Morse, hope to get an update to 1.2.1 soon.

ps. Read your Thesis, good job!

It's Dr. Morse to you now :sticktongue:

I'm quite busy now, but I hope to return to this sometime before christmas. In a couple of weeks, perhaps.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey @Morse,

If you find a little time, would you consider adding a PreciseManeuver.version file in github and the download archive?
I've attached a template that should be (almost complete) (only check the github path).

With the .version file users get a download notice, when your github-version is newer than the installed version, if they use AVC.
Same time CKAN analyzes the .version file included in the release download and so precise maneuver will be autimatically indexed and versioned in the CKAN, which would be nice. :)

Note:
-KSP_VERSION is mandatory, KSP_VERSION_MIN and KSP_VERSION_MAX is optional.
-Github Reference is optional
-VERSION file specs.

o/

Spoiler

{
    "NAME": "Precise Maneuver",
    "DOWNLOAD": "https://github.com/radistmorse/KSPPreciseManeuver/releases",
    "URL": "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/radistmorse/KSPPreciseManeuver/master/GameData/PreciseManeuver/PreciseManeuver.version",
    "GITHUB": {
        "USERNAME": "radistmorse",
        "REPOSITORY": "KSPPreciseManeuver"
    },
    "VERSION": {
        "MAJOR": 2,
        "MINOR": 2,
        "PATCH": 0,
        "BUILD": 0
    },
    "KSP_VERSION": {
        "MAJOR": 1,
        "PATCH": 0
    },
    "KSP_VERSION_MIN": {
        "PATCH": 0
    },
    "KSP_VERSION_MAX": {
        "PATCH": 99
    }
}

Edited by Jebs_SY

Hey @Morse

you could save my template into a PreciseManeuver.version file and put it on github to (for example) =>  https://raw.githubusercontent.com/radistmorse/KSPPreciseManeuver/master/GameData/PreciseManeuver/PreciseManeuver.version
and at the same time you include the file in your download zip as PreciseManeuver.version in the PreciseManeuver folder where also the dll's are.

Now 2 benefits; When you release a new PM version, you just bump the VERSION field in the github PreciseManeuver.version file and in new release zip PreciseManeuver.version file.

When a user is using AVC (which is highly likely (and as mod author you even could include avc-mini in your release see here)) then AVC compares the local installed version file and recognizes, that the github file version is higher and the user gets a notification, that a new version is aviable and a download button to your repro is shown, the user directly click on it.

The second thing is, the CKAN system automatically indexes the version file included in the release download. (If they set it up that way, which I would ask for, then). So your mod is automatically indexed, listed and installable via CKAN. :)

The only thing needed is keeping the mod-version and the ksp-version/min/max fields in the version files up 2 date. Nothing more. Just if you are interested. If not, no problem, too. :)

See also: http://ksp.cybutek.net/miniavc/Documents/README.htm

Edited by Jebs_SY

@Jebs_SY, ok thanks. I put the .version in the github repo. Now I'll put it to the release .zip as well, and that's it, I guess...

I also am not sure about the proper CKAN support. Right now it's available because of the NetKAN file (https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/blob/master/NetKAN/PreciseManeuver.netkan).

Anyway, I'm about to release the 2.2.1. I'll put the .version file in.

Version 2.2.1 is up!

PreciseManeuver-TWP.png

This version introduces the copy/paste functionality (in orbit tools module), which brings the long-awaited TWP integration. Since TWP calculates the ideal parameters for ideal orbits, the maneuver will still require some adjustments. Also, the exact position of the maneuver on the starting orbit is not easy to determine, so right now you need to move to maneuver manually within one orbit period to find out where it supposed to go. Also, some satellites may be in the way, TWP doesn't take them into account.

The new icons for turn orbit up/down are not the most fitting. If anyone has a better idea how they should look - write it down.

UPDATE: with 2.2.2 update the maneuver is placed in such a way that the ejection angle is correct. This should make the maneuver pasting even easier.

Edited by Morse

• 1 month later...

Hello! Thanks for the great mod.

I have a question. I am afraid it might be a dumb question, but here goes. I have come back to KSP after playing in version whatever, and I have noticed an odd behavior. I am wondering whether it is a feature of this mod or stock. When I have a target and a maneuver node set, it seems that the closest encounter is always and only calculated for the node. Is this normal? Is this stock or mod feature? Can anyone help me out?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.