[1.8.x] Precise Maneuver editor

Morse

7 minutes ago, Morse said:

300 MB

Yes! Thanks go out to the conglomerate of Stock, MechJeb, RealFuels, CryoEngines, CryoTanks, ProceduralParts, ProceduralFairings, FAR, RO, RSS and what so ever ...

Will it ever be that all the mods catched the train of the actual patch before the next patch is released?

And shame on Unity - for real.

But to topic:

Last session the mod worked as intended.

But all the other stuff is still bugged, like no ullage etc.

Spoiler

Edited by Gordon Dry

• 3 weeks later...

Update for 1.3 is almost ready, I just want some testing to be sure.

Meanwhile

Translators are welcome!

The  file with all the translatable text can be found on github: https://github.com/radistmorse/KSPPreciseManeuver/blob/master/Localization/localization.cfg

Put your favorite language in! Especially if it's the one officially supported by KSP. There is a catch though. The PM GUI is very slim and it's fixed in size, so you'll probably will have to come up with short words :). There are not many lines, about 100, and most of them are trivial. It won't take long.

On 2017-5-27 at 0:25 PM, Morse said:

Meanwhile

Translators are welcome!

The  file with all the translatable text can be found on github: https://github.com/radistmorse/KSPPreciseManeuver/blob/master/Localization/localization.cfg

Put your favorite language in! Especially if it's the one officially supported by KSP. There is a catch though. The PM GUI is very slim and it's fixed in size, so you'll probably will have to come up with short words :). There are not many lines, about 100, and most of them are trivial. It won't take long.

This is my Spanish Translation, I tried to be as compact as posible, but Spanish have long words... :/ 
https://github.com/radistmorse/KSPPreciseManeuver/pull/10

Edited by Deltathiago98

3 hours ago, theJesuit said:

Are you just waiting for the translations to be complete before releasing the update?

Not really. I started to tweak the gui layout in order to fit the spanish and the russian, but ended up replacing all the text components with TMPros. And now I'm in the middle of that :). It should make all the text much clearer and better fit the stock gui.

On ‎28‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 1:25 AM, Morse said:

Meanwhile

Translators are welcome!

Love your work

On ‎29‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 0:23 PM, Deltathiago98 said:

This is my Spanish Translation, I tried to be as compact as posible, but Spanish have long words... :/ 
https://github.com/radistmorse/KSPPreciseManeuver/pull/10

I only know English, I cant help with translations, So my hat off to you for contributing

3 hours ago, Morse said:

Not really. I started to tweak the gui layout in order to fit the spanish and the russian, but ended up replacing all the text components with TMPros. And now I'm in the middle of that :). It should make all the text much clearer and better fit the stock gui.

Love your work, Keep it up.

My collection of mods are almost all updated, not long now <evil grin>

2.3.0 is up. Marvel at the beauty of the TextMeshPro (used for pretty much everything in KSP) compared to the default unity text!

Also, translations. Right now only the russian and the chinese are there. Sorry, @Deltathiago98, I couldn't wait for the corrections. I added a couple of lines, so now some corrections should be made.

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but the UI scale option doesn't seem to "stick". Worked great for me in KSP 1.2.2 with PM 2.2.5. But now with KSP 1.3 and PM 2.3.0, I have a problem. I set the UI scale option and all looks fine for that maneuver. But then next time I do a maneuver and PM comes back up, it displays at the tiny scale until I readjust the scale again. The slider on the scale option is where it used to be, but it doesn't seem to actually take effect until I move the slider again. P.S. Thanks as always for an indispensable mod.

4 hours ago, rmaine said:

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but the UI scale option doesn't seem to "stick". Worked great for me in KSP 1.2.2 with PM 2.2.5. But now with KSP 1.3 and PM 2.3.0, I have a problem. I set the UI scale option and all looks fine for that maneuver. But then next time I do a maneuver and PM comes back up, it displays at the tiny scale until I readjust the scale again. The slider on the scale option is where it used to be, but it doesn't seem to actually take effect until I move the slider again. P.S. Thanks as always for an indispensable mod.

Can't reproduce. Logs please.

@Morse

Just curious, it says that this is a fork of PreciseNode, but which one?  I don't see that the github repo is forked from anything, yet there is the original from jbengston, and then there is the fork which Blizzy made (which is the current active one in CKAN)

Thanks

29 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Just curious, it says that this is a fork of PreciseNode, but which one?

Originally, I started from blizzy's code. I didn't fork it on github, because it wasn't my intention to change a lot of stuff. It kinda happened by itself :). And by the time I decided to publish my version there were so little original code left, that there was no point in forking the repo. I just started a new one. So it's a fork more spiritually than in an actual codebase.

Especially since the version 2.0, where all the imgui was replaced with ugui, and now you'll need to look really hard to find even the traces of the original code. The note about it being a fork is there to stop confusion. It's not the same mod under a different name, like "precise node continued", it's a different thing.

Edited by Morse

7 hours ago, Morse said:

Can't reproduce. Logs please.

Hmm. Ok. I can't tell much from this morass, but perhaps you can. If needed I can try a clean install with only PM. This also has a few other mods (McJeb, Kerbal Alarm, Waypoint Mgr, [x] science, KEI, Kerbal Engineer Redux, Transfer Window planner, Trigger AU flags. Launched game (64-bit windows version), entered tracking station, selected a probe (named relay 1) I had in orbit, clicked on orbit to create a node, clicked settings in PM, adjusted GUI scale (sucessfully), deleted node, clicked on orbit again to create a new node, observed PM comming up with default small scale, then got out of game. (Hope this link works right).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y3hocc2trb21tje/output_log.txt?dl=0

This might work better for reproduction and diagnostics. Started with clean KSP 1.3 install (on Windows 7) with no mods. Handily, I had one around, as I usually copy the clean Steam Install elsewhere to actually play on. Add only the PM mod using CKAN. Launch 64-bit. New sandbox game. Launch the stock Kerbal 1. SAS on, full throttle, just straight up, staging as things burn out until in space, then thrust off. Click on orbit (well, suborbital path) to make a node. PM settings, adjust GUI scale. Delete node. Click on path again and make another node. Observe default small GUI scale.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p26gzhud0vijxpv/output_log2.txt?dl=0

Aha. Fiddling a bit more reveals a likely relevant detail. even my "clean" KSP install has the game's UI scale and APPS scale options both at 150%. I don't see the odd behavior if those are both at 100% (of course, I can also barely play the game then without drastically lowering my screen resolution). I'm thinking maybe those override PM's setting, or something along those lines.

1 hour ago, rmaine said:

I don't see the odd behavior if those are both at 100%

Yep, that's a hint :). Indeed, the scale parameter acts weird when you have both local and global scales. The global scale overwrites the local the moment you assign a parent. Long story short, it's fixable :). I'll do it on a weekend.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.