[1.8.x] Precise Maneuver editor

Morse

2 hours ago, ggalaretka said:

@Morse hi, i wonder how do you calculate the force and direction needed to give an orbit a round shape, do you have any formulas that can be used to calculate this out of the game and would you mind sharing them? : )

No specific formulae. The speed that is needed for the circular orbit is found from the centripetal acceleration: g = v^2 / r. Then I just rotate the speed vector to be coplanar with the maneuver current speed vector, and subtract the current speed. You can find the code here https://github.com/radistmorse/KSPPreciseManeuver/blob/master/src/NodeManager.cs#L300

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, JupiterJaeden said:

Hey, I'm not sure if you check the issue tracker on GitHub anymore so I decided I would post this here as well. I hope there is an easy fix I am just overlooking. Thanks!

https://github.com/radistmorse/KSPPreciseManeuver/issues/23

Logs please. https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/163863-how-to-get-support/

Both here or GitHub are good, but I usually notice GitHub quicker.

12 hours ago, Morse said:

Logs please. https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/163863-how-to-get-support/

Both here or GitHub are good, but I usually notice GitHub quicker.

https://github.com/radistmorse/KSPPreciseManeuver/issues/23

I updated it now. While I was in the process of making a lengthy and detailed post about the bug, I was actually able to fix it myself. I'm not sure exactly how, but I documented the whole thing. Thanks for responding! If it becomes an issue again, I'll contact you. 

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Rin Kui said:

Hey Morse, I don't see this mod on CKAN. Did you use a different name or CKAN is no longer supported?

The max KSP version for this mod is 1.8.9 so it won't appear in CKAN by default.  You will have to adjust the CKAN settings to show you these mods.  Go to CKAN > Settings > Compatible KSP versions, click on 1.8 and then Accept.  You should now be able to see it.  Be warned that this will expose all the 1.8.x mods for you to select.  Chose wisely and only after researching.  I recommend that after installing Precise Maneuver you go back into CKAN and deselect 1.8 versions as a safeguard.  You can always re-enable it later.

I'm successfully using Precise Maneuver in a KSP 1.10.1 game so this mod appears to be good to go.  YMMV.

Edited by Brigadier

On 2/7/2021 at 5:13 PM, Brigadier said:

The max KSP version for this mod is 1.8.9 so it won't appear in CKAN by default.  You will have to adjust the CKAN settings to show you these mods.  Go to CKAN > Settings > Compatible KSP versions, click on 1.8 and then Accept.  You should now be able to see it.  Be warned that this will expose all the 1.8.x mods for you to select.  Chose wisely and only after researching.  I recommend that after installing Precise Maneuver you go back into CKAN and deselect 1.8 versions as a safeguard.  You can always re-enable it later.

I'm successfully using Precise Maneuver in a KSP 1.10.1 game so this mod appears to be good to go.  YMMV.

Thanks! I have it working already!

Works well all the way up to current, anyone available to update the CKAN metadata version info? 

Looks Like someone already edited it - good all the way to 1.11.9 as of  20-02-2021 in CKAN

Maybe just the front page and title of the thread needs an edit.

Edited by Murdabenne
someone already did it

• 4 months later...

I'm receiving this 2 errors when I'm loading the game:

[ERR 22:58:00.436] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: PreciseManeuver.Unity, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[ERR 22:58:00.436] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: PreciseManeuver.Unity, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

Thanks.

3 hours ago, Dominiquini said:

Is possible to integrate this mod with the stock alarm system, if I don't hava "Kerbal Alarm Clock" installed?

* Or remove the button instead of disabling then!

Thanks.

Just a heads up, you might want to give the modders more time than just 24 hours before you start posting feature requests for 1.12!

13 minutes ago, Cruesoe said:

Just a heads up, you might want to give the modders more time than just 24 hours before you start posting feature requests for 1.12!

Both my bug report and the suggestion has nothing to do with the new version (1.12.0).

Anyway, sorry if the way I said it sounded rude. It was not my intention! The posts will stay here for when and if the maintainer wants to work on them.

Good mod, by the way!

3 minutes ago, Dominiquini said:

Both my bug report and the suggestion has nothing to do with the new version (1.12.0).

Anyway, sorry if the way I said it sounded rude. It was not my intention! The posts will stay here for when and if the maintainer wants to work on them.

Good mod, by the way!

Unless I'm confused (which I suppose is possible), there is no stock alarm system prior to 1.12, which does make that pretty much a 1.12 issue. Mind you, it's also an issue I'm interested in, but I have patience. Quite a few mods I'd like to see updated to 1.12; it will happen in time, I'm reasonably confident.

25 minutes ago, rmaine said:

Unless I'm confused (which I suppose is possible), there is no stock alarm system prior to 1.12, which does make that pretty much a 1.12 issue. Mind you, it's also an issue I'm interested in, but I have patience. Quite a few mods I'd like to see updated to 1.12; it will happen in time, I'm reasonably confident.

Sorry. I forget that I talked about integration with the stock alarm system. I was thinking about hiding the Alarm button!

* Talking now about the new alarm feature, anyone have this problem:

Thanks.

Edited by Dominiquini
Sharing a bug report

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/25/2021 at 11:08 AM, Dominiquini said:

Is possible to integrate this mod with the stock alarm system, if I don't hava "Kerbal Alarm Clock" installed?

* Or remove the button instead of disabling then!

Thanks.

is precise manuever working for you in 1.12? I can't even see the mod in the first place!

10 minutes ago, Crixomix said:

is precise manuever working for you in 1.12? I can't even see the mod in the first place!

It is working here... You need to place some maneuver node for the windows appear!

* But I still hope the developer update this mod for the 1.12... To use the new stock alarm clock...

Edited by Dominiquini

3 minutes ago, Dominiquini said:

It is working here... You need to place some maneuver node for the windows appear!

* But I still hope the developer update this mod for the 1.12... To use the new stock alarm clock...

I just tried it in my game and it isn't showing up. There's no buttons on the toolbars and there's no precise manuever window showing up even when I make a manuever. The new vanilla one is showing up in the bottom left tho.

Edited by Crixomix

18 minutes ago, Crixomix said:

I just tried it in my game and it isn't showing up. There's no buttons on the toolbars and there's no precise manuever window showing up even when I make a manuever. The new vanilla one is showing up in the bottom left tho.

I also don't have any button (and don't know if there should be one), but it appears as soon as I create a maneuver node.

2 minutes ago, Tacombel said:

I also don't have any button (and don't know if there should be one), but it appears as soon as I create a maneuver node.

This mod added one button in the toolbar, that let us config the window and some keyboard shortcuts...

2 minutes ago, Dominiquini said:

This mod added one button in the toolbar, that let us config the window and some keyboard shortcuts...

Then I am missing that button. I just checked in flight and it is not there. Not that I ever needed it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.