Jump to content

[1.8.x] Precise Maneuver editor


Morse
 Share

Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, Krydax said:

I do not have the button nor does the display pop up when I create a manuever node on 1.12 https://imgur.com/a/CP4hz3M

This mod don't use "Toolbar Controller"! What is that mod that provide the windows "Toolbar Button Visibility"?

Anyway, did you install using CKAN? Because here it works just fine!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Dominiquini said:

This mod don't use "Toolbar Controller"! What is that mod that provide the windows "Toolbar Button Visibility"?

Anyway, did you install using CKAN? Because here it works just fine!

Yep. Installed via CKAN. And it's Blizzy's toolbar that gives the toolbar button visibility. Some mods use blizzy's and some use the stock toolbar. Toolbar controller is made by linuxgurugamer to be able to select where mods can go on which toolbar. It shouldn't be messing with preciemanuever.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Krydax said:

Yep. Installed via CKAN. And it's Blizzy's toolbar that gives the toolbar button visibility. Some mods use blizzy's and some use the stock toolbar. Toolbar controller is made by linuxgurugamer to be able to select where mods can go on which toolbar. It shouldn't be messing with preciemanuever.

 

33 minutes ago, Krydax said:

https://imgur.com/a/JjVq2ua

It's just... not there....

I don't know! Try to press 'P' in the MapView, with some maneuver node present (is the shortcut to open/close the windows)!

You could try 'Precise Node'!

They do almost the same thing!

Edited by Dominiquini
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Dominiquini said:

 

I don't know! Try to press 'P' in the MapView, with some maneuver node present (is the shortcut to open/close the windows)!

You could try 'Precise Node'!

They do almost the same thing!

They really don't :( Being able to "snap to ap/pe" is a HUGE functionality, along with hitting the "circularize" button. Precise node lets you MANUALLY edit the node fairly well, but it doesn't have the quality of life buttons (like even the inclination turning buttons) that precise maneuver does.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I prefer this mod too, for almost the same reasons!

But I think that Precise Node let you snap the maneuver node on Ap/Pe. I think is hidden and need to be activate in the options! And it also have keyboard shortcuts that helps a lot! But for all I know, it don't have the circularize button, the change inclination button, the ability to use the big gizmo on a separate window, or keep changing the values while I was holding the +/- buttons (I don't need to keep clicking!)...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I never launched 1.12, so no idea how this works there. Also, I'm not sure I'll have time for an update in the next ~couple of months. But I can look into logs, maybe there is something simple there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The great functionality that I use is the snap yes, but also being able to assign keys to functions, such as circularise - I assign as * on the keypad, and finally the keypad to fine tune.

Peace.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I haven't spent a lot of time with KSP 1.12.1, and certainly can't claim to have done exhaustive testing, but this mod seems to work fine there for me so far. I do prefer this one to the alternatives. One feature I find very convenient is the "turn orbit up/down". Sure, I can do that manually, but it is so much handier this way. I particularly use that for getting to specific contract orbits, where there isn't a target that would allow me to use, for example, the "match planes with target" of MecJeb2. I also like the display of next encounter information, because aiming for a suitable next perigee is often one reason I'm fine tuning a maneuver.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Morse said:

I never launched 1.12, so no idea how this works there. Also, I'm not sure I'll have time for an update in the next ~couple of months. But I can look into logs, maybe there is something simple there.

@Morse If you have the time and will, I have some suggestions:

* Integrate this mod with the stock alarm clock. Or at least remove the 'Alarm' button if the user don't have the KAC installed

* Add shortcuts to the feature 'snap maneuver node to the previous/next orbit'

Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/19/2021 at 10:14 AM, Morse said:

I never launched 1.12, so no idea how this works there. Also, I'm not sure I'll have time for an update in the next ~couple of months. But I can look into logs, maybe there is something simple there.

IDK it just won't appear. I have it installed via CKAN along with many other mods. Here's the log file. It throws an exception in the log file literally every frame from precisemaneuver. So clearly something has broken. Just not sure what.  https://www.dropbox.com/s/zn8kswri5wls8t7/KSP.log?dl=0

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/25/2021 at 8:32 PM, Krydax said:

IDK it just won't appear. I have it installed via CKAN along with many other mods. Here's the log file. It throws an exception in the log file literally every frame from precisemaneuver. So clearly something has broken. Just not sure what.  https://www.dropbox.com/s/zn8kswri5wls8t7/KSP.log?dl=0

Ok, there is this line in the logs:

[ERR 12:08:17.224] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: PreciseManeuver.Unity, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

That means something is wrong with the unity assembly. I guess some rebuilding is required. But then again, it works for  some people, so maybe there is some other problem. The bad news is, that to fix it I need a proper dev environment, which I won't have for some time (I just moved to another country).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Morse said:

Ok, there is this line in the logs:

[ERR 12:08:17.224] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: PreciseManeuver.Unity, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

That means something is wrong with the unity assembly. I guess some rebuilding is required. But then again, it works for  some people, so maybe there is some other problem. The bad news is, that to fix it I need a proper dev environment, which I won't have for some time (I just moved to another country).

Dang. No worries though. Just gotta settle for not having your mod for a while I guess :) Congrats on moving!

Is this the kind of thing another player who has a bit of coding experience could look into (not me)? Or do you have certain licenses that would prevent that?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

This mod seems to be incompatible with JNSQ for some reason, but only in 1.12. 

When I updated KSP to 1.12.2, everything worked, except for Precise Maneuver. I thought that was because it isn't updated, even though it works for some other players. When I wanted to try something without JNSQ today (I have two gamedata folders, the one without JNSQ is exactly the same, just with the JNSQ folder deleted), I noticed that it worked again. And yes, without JNSQ the Precise Maneuver button shows up again, with JNSQ it's gone.

Do any of the other players having problems with Precise Maneuver here use JNSQ? This seems very weird, why would two unrelated mods be incompatible with each other, and only in 1.12, since it worked previously? Or maybe they are somehow related? Idk, I know nothing about how KSP mods work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Salticus said:

Do any of the other players having problems with Precise Maneuver here use JNSQ?

yes, the same thing, JNSQ, ksp 1.12.2. Though  I haven't tested not in JNSQ.

Spoiler
[EXC 22:40:18.649] ArgumentException: Value does not fall within the expected range.
    KSPPreciseManeuver.PreciseManeuver.Start () (at <148a8ec2de454d9cbd6a3d0df7bebbc1>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

 

[EXC 22:40:35.741] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    KSPPreciseManeuver.PreciseManeuver.Update () (at <148a8ec2de454d9cbd6a3d0df7bebbc1>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

 

[LOG 22:40:03.295] [Precise Maneuver] Loading settings.
[EXC 22:40:03.302] ReflectionTypeLoadException: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown.
    System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () (at <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0)
    AssemblyLoader+LoadedAssembyList.GetPathByType (System.Type type) (at <cd473063d3a2482f8d93d388d0c95035>:0)
    AssemblyLoader.GetPathByType (System.Type type) (at <cd473063d3a2482f8d93d388d0c95035>:0)
    KSP.IO.IOUtils.GetFilePathFor (System.Type T, System.String file, Vessel flight) (at <cd473063d3a2482f8d93d388d0c95035>:0)
    KSP.IO.PluginConfiguration.CreateForType[T] (Vessel flight) (at <cd473063d3a2482f8d93d388d0c95035>:0)
    KSPPreciseManeuver.PreciseManeuverConfig.LoadConfig () (at <148a8ec2de454d9cbd6a3d0df7bebbc1>:0)
    KSPPreciseManeuver.PreciseManeuverConfig..ctor () (at <148a8ec2de454d9cbd6a3d0df7bebbc1>:0)
    KSPPreciseManeuver.PreciseManeuverConfig.get_Instance () (at <148a8ec2de454d9cbd6a3d0df7bebbc1>:0)
    KSPPreciseManeuver.MainWindow..ctor () (at <148a8ec2de454d9cbd6a3d0df7bebbc1>:0)
    KSPPreciseManeuver.PreciseManeuver..ctor () (at <148a8ec2de454d9cbd6a3d0df7bebbc1>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
    AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
    AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
    AddonLoader:OnLevelLoaded(GameScenes)
    AddonLoader:OnSceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)
    UnityEngine.SceneManagement.SceneManager:Internal_SceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)
[LOG 22:40:03.303] [ModuleManager] Intercepted a ReflectionTypeLoadException. List of broken DLLs:
Kronometer 1.0.0.0 GameData\JNSQ\JNSQ_Plugins\Kronometer\Plugins\Kronometer.dll

 

 

 

 

Edited by flart
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, flart said:

yes, the same thing, JNSQ, ksp 1.12.2. Though  I haven't tested not in JNSQ.

  Reveal hidden contents
[EXC 22:40:18.649] ArgumentException: Value does not fall within the expected range.
    KSPPreciseManeuver.PreciseManeuver.Start () (at <148a8ec2de454d9cbd6a3d0df7bebbc1>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

 

[EXC 22:40:35.741] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    KSPPreciseManeuver.PreciseManeuver.Update () (at <148a8ec2de454d9cbd6a3d0df7bebbc1>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

 

[LOG 22:40:03.295] [Precise Maneuver] Loading settings.
[EXC 22:40:03.302] ReflectionTypeLoadException: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown.
    System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () (at <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0)
    AssemblyLoader+LoadedAssembyList.GetPathByType (System.Type type) (at <cd473063d3a2482f8d93d388d0c95035>:0)
    AssemblyLoader.GetPathByType (System.Type type) (at <cd473063d3a2482f8d93d388d0c95035>:0)
    KSP.IO.IOUtils.GetFilePathFor (System.Type T, System.String file, Vessel flight) (at <cd473063d3a2482f8d93d388d0c95035>:0)
    KSP.IO.PluginConfiguration.CreateForType[T] (Vessel flight) (at <cd473063d3a2482f8d93d388d0c95035>:0)
    KSPPreciseManeuver.PreciseManeuverConfig.LoadConfig () (at <148a8ec2de454d9cbd6a3d0df7bebbc1>:0)
    KSPPreciseManeuver.PreciseManeuverConfig..ctor () (at <148a8ec2de454d9cbd6a3d0df7bebbc1>:0)
    KSPPreciseManeuver.PreciseManeuverConfig.get_Instance () (at <148a8ec2de454d9cbd6a3d0df7bebbc1>:0)
    KSPPreciseManeuver.MainWindow..ctor () (at <148a8ec2de454d9cbd6a3d0df7bebbc1>:0)
    KSPPreciseManeuver.PreciseManeuver..ctor () (at <148a8ec2de454d9cbd6a3d0df7bebbc1>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
    AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
    AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
    AddonLoader:OnLevelLoaded(GameScenes)
    AddonLoader:OnSceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)
    UnityEngine.SceneManagement.SceneManager:Internal_SceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)
[LOG 22:40:03.303] [ModuleManager] Intercepted a ReflectionTypeLoadException. List of broken DLLs:
Kronometer 1.0.0.0 GameData\JNSQ\JNSQ_Plugins\Kronometer\Plugins\Kronometer.dll

 

 

 

 

Huh, so, after looking at your log I tried deleting JNSQ/JNSQ_Plugins/Kronometer, and that made Precise maneuver work again. My best guess is that, since Kronometer does something with the clock, that messes with Maneuvers. There were no obvious problems after removing it, but I don't know exactly what Kronometer does, so not sure if deleting it is a good idea. But if I get Precise Maneuver back, I'll take the risk for now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Salticus said:

Huh, so, after looking at your log I tried deleting JNSQ/JNSQ_Plugins/Kronometer, and that made Precise maneuver work again. My best guess is that, since Kronometer does something with the clock, that messes with Maneuvers. There were no obvious problems after removing it, but I don't know exactly what Kronometer does, so not sure if deleting it is a good idea. But if I get Precise Maneuver back, I'll take the risk for now.

The version of Kronometer which ships with JNSQ has issues - there's a fix detailed in that thread. As for what it does, it allows different day lengths than 6 hours or 24 hours (JNSQ has a 12 hour day) and does the time and date handling for displaying it. Either Precise Maneuver can't handle dynamic day lengths / year lengths, or Kronometer's issues under JNSQ may be causing it. I'm using it successfully with the patched Kronometer on my own custom 2.7x scale game, with no problems so far, so I suspect it's the latter.

https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kronometer/issues/17

 

Edited by panarchist
added link to patched Kronometer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, panarchist said:

The version of Kronometer which ships with JNSQ has issues - there's a fix detailed in that thread. As for what it does, it allows different day lengths than 6 hours or 24 hours (JNSQ has a 12 hour day) and does the time and date handling for displaying it. Either Precise Maneuver can't handle dynamic day lengths / year lengths, or Kronometer's issues under JNSQ may be causing it. I'm using it successfully with the patched Kronometer on my own custom 2.7x scale game, with no problems so far, so I suspect it's the latter.

When I install Kronometer separatly, with the 1.12 patch, neither Kronometer or Precise Maneuver seem to work. Either I'm stupid and just did something wrong, installed the wrong patch or something, or there's just a problem with my game. Oh well, I guess I will just play with 6 hour days, maybe Kerbals invented a new system where each rotation of Kerbin is 2 days, who knows.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...