Need help identifying parts

Francois424

** Finished, thanks everyone. Now we wait for 1.1 **

Look at the picture below...  There are a couple things I am interested in knowing (as far as what mod the parts are from) :
( For the "Big Picture", you can look at them from the source YouTube video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEvziceJXMM

#1- The propellers with build-in blue nosecone; was told maybe from KAX... yes/no/where ?
#2- The cockpit...  At first I thought B9, but could it be from Firespitter or KAX ? on the right side of the picture is the bunk bed inside that cockpit I think... if not, I want to know where that comes from too.
#3- we don't see them very well, but there are generators stuck on the side and I think on the top.  (Possibly from "Modular Rocket Systems - Parts Pack"? Remains to be confirmed).
#4- Those larger Red bordered tanks looking like radial RCS tanks...  I'd like to know where to get them from as well.
#5- (just noticed) the gray-white striped side tanks with the two 0,625 batteries slapped at both ends...  I thought it was stock but the stock ones are 1.25m !

twoivLk.png

Thank you for any assistance !
(Almost 100% into planning mode for my upcoming 1.1 game and some stuff I cannot easily identify :))

Edited by Francois424
Finished, thanks everyone. Now we wait for 1.1

It does, thanks.  That was the most important part.  And the mod was updated for 1.02 on the last page so that's really great; only minor adjustments here and there as needed and good to go !

I'm surprised it's only 1,25 meter, but looking back at the picture it makes sense.
One down, 2-3 to go !

Thanks Danny,

I indeed thought of using stock fuel cells if needed, although it is unclear in the original video if that is what is being used.
I just fired-up the game to check, and the underside of the large generator is not the same...  I gues these are generators from another pack afterall.

Looks like I'll be able to build myself a version of that "Scott's Feather" for 1.1 regardless :)
( Mine will have aircraft wheels and rugged small wheel to be able to explore a bit more ).

If anyone knows what those generators are, let me know !
Thanks !

Edited by Francois424

Haha np... Looks like our buddy used a lot of Necrobones' 

I found the landing gears he used in the video on another craft, and the nosecone on this craft from "Modular Rocket Systems - Parts Pack" indeed.
Not finding the generators in the screenshots Mr. Bones provided... I'll take your word for it, and I've downloaded the mod.

A hug thank you for anyone helped, as opposed of getting told to "Go on the mod forum and read" (read thru that many mods, one by one, to fine one or 2 parts is NOT my idea of fun).
Thank you !

30 minutes ago, Randazzo said:

Just in case I wasn't clear, those aren't actually generators, just batteries. Looking at that, I have no idea where the power comes from aside from the NERV running.

Worst case scenario, I'll just mod the part to add the code for electrical generation... 

I'll ask the YouTuber if he remembers where he got them from.
EDIT: Done!  Now waiting for his reply.

Got an answer: « I am glad to hear there is some discussion regarding my craft somewhere! I have not been on the ksp forums forever. It is very likely a radial battery that you see on the exterior, I generally utilize the Universal storage options for power generation, in the case of "Scott's Feather" you will notice the 4 bay storage compartment directly in front of the cockpit. »

I would've swore that was a fuel tank. :mad:
Begs the question as to what a "4 bay storage compartment" is and where does it comes from ?

Edited by Francois424

I used the universal storage mods generators. On this spacecraft they are located directly in front of the cockpit, the bay doors are closed however and they are not visible. Without those generators the ship is incapable of leaving the planet as the capacitors do not have sufficient power for the whole journey. This whole mission was a gigantic pain in the butt to make work :)

Glad to see folks checking out my missions, hopefully will have pt 3 of the sojourn to sarnus out by the new year

I appreciate any and all support, these missions are a huge effort and the community response has been terrific. If you need help with any stuff that you see in my videos (popular ones include the hyperloop, musketeer, scotts feather, bumble bee and hornet for example) let me know. Alot of my videos are out of date thanks to changes in the game, but I try and keep up as best I can with updates so that I have current knowledge of how to get things done.

5 minutes ago, baconfortress said:

I used the universal storage mods generators. On this spacecraft they are located directly in front of the cockpit, the bay doors are closed however and they are not visible. Without those generators the ship is incapable of leaving the planet as the capacitors do not have sufficient power for the whole journey. This whole mission was a gigantic pain in the butt to make work :)

Glad to see folks checking out my missions, hopefully will have pt 3 of the sojourn to sarnus out by the new year

If you don't mind me asking, what are those side tanks with gray-black stripes ? 

There was a mod pack that had an endless amount of side tanks, which through tweakscale I modified to go where needed. The reason for their odd distribution is based on the center of mass as the craft operates. I do not recall the name of that particular pack. Currently I am playing stock again to experience 1.04

7 hours ago, baconfortress said:

There was a mod pack that had an endless amount of side tanks, which through tweakscale I modified to go where needed. The reason for their odd distribution is based on the center of mass as the craft operates. I do not recall the name of that particular pack. Currently I am playing stock again to experience 1.04

Okay, no problem.  Merry Christmas and happy new year =)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.