[1.9.x] Launch Towers Pack

sciencepanda

This mod adds the all important launch towers that accompany many different launch vehicles.

SpaceX

These launch towers are designed to fit the Falcon rockets from Kartoffelkuchen's Launchers Pack

LC-39A

lwfgopq.png

wDqUQx3.png

LC-40

7ZDkVux.png

Pre-Amos 6 LC-40

ncH5Fyt.png

Falcon 9 1.0 LC-40

T5p42hW.png

Vandenburg

L3lzoEH.png

Falcon 1

vx2ISBL.png

Download

Towers: SpaceDock

2.5m Rescale patch now included in download.

Dependancy

Version 1.7 and above requires B9PartSwitch

Recomended

KSC Extended - Adds launch pads LC-39A and LC-40. Not required, it does look cooler.

Spoiler

yiUWVgq.png

pMrEeah.png

Read this:

The Tower cannot be the first part. This will cause glitches, including errors in the animation, and will prevent the tower from decoupling.

License

CC BY-NC-ND 4.0

https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/

Edited by sciencepanda
Updates

36 minutes ago, 123nick said:

would this work with not spaceX rockets?

From a functional standpoint, yes. These should work with any rocket. They were just modeled off of specific launch towers and scaled to fit nicely with the rockets from Launchers Pack. They are set up as basic launch clamps, so they should work fine with other rockets

5 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

Very cool.

Can you make a Launchtower for KK's Falcon 9 1.0?

I certainly can. It may take me a while though. The tower for 1.0 is pretty complex (much like the 1.1 tower). I also have a final to study for this week. (Should've been studying yesterday instead of making the F1 tower....).

Also, although Kart's F9 1.0 has payload fairings, the real 1.0 only launched Dragons, and therefore it's tower was never meant to fit next to a fairing. So I'm not sure what to do about that... I see 3 options: 1) make it accurate to the real tower and don't worry about the fairings. 2) make a few minor changes to the tower to make the fairings fit. 3) make the tower accurate to the real tower, but cheat the collider such that it doesn't get in the way of the fairings.

I think I'll go with option 3. It'll look a bit weird with the fairings, but over all the tower will look accurate, and functionality wise it will still work with the fairings.

1 minute ago, MajorLeaugeRocketScience said:

I think that's a 1.1, you can tell because the octaweb is much more circular than the rectangular-shaped 1.0 octaweb

Actually that is a 1.0, just look at the size of everything. The 1.1 is much longer, especially the second stage. The thing is, that tower is noticeably different from the usual tower for the 1.0. What I may try doing is try to add the option to switch models for a part (I know some mods have that... I'll have to figure out how to do that). I'd have it switch between the 1.0 for dragon, and the 1.0 for fairings.

Hmmm..... When did you download it? Where from? I updated the files on Dropbox a few times while I was still tweaking some things... One of those problems was the tower being too tall... I fixed that though and updated it... The only thing I can think of is you somehow downloaded the old version before I updated it... Try downloading the version on KerbalStuff and let me know if that fixes the problem...

Edited by sciencepanda

10 hours ago, sciencepanda said:

Hmmm..... When did you download it? Where from? I updated the files on Dropbox a few times while I was still tweaking some things... One of those problems was the tower being too tall... I fixed that though and updated it... The only thing I can think of is you somehow downloaded the old version before I updated it... Try downloading the version on KerbalStuff and let me know if that fixes the problem...

well⋯⋯I download it exactly fromkerbalstuff⋯⋯I will try downloading again when I got home

10 hours ago, sciencepanda said:

interesting.... I just downloaded file on kerbalstuff and tested... seems fine

I got it……I had installed the previous version of launchpad and when I installed the one on KS I didnt delete the previous one …… Sorry for bathering u……

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.