[1.9.x] Launch Towers Pack

sciencepanda

On 8/5/2016 at 2:49 AM, VenomousRequiem said:

Well, if you'd like, @NecroBones has a Saturn V in his RSB pack which I think is scaled down to 6.25m in the stockalike patches, and that's the scale that BDB's Saturn V will be at. No offence to anyone that uses it but FASA is sort of outdated, and it's scale is... questionable. I think you should calculate it based on a 6.25m S-Ic/S-II. :)

I've looked at RSB, and yes its exactly what I'm looking for as far as scale is concerned, but the problem I see is I cant find an Apollo SpaceCraft to sit on top. FASA is the only mod I've found with an Apollo SpaceCraft that is updated. If someone can point me in the direction of an Apollo Spacecraft of the right scale, I'd appreciate it.

2 hours ago, sciencepanda said:

I've looked at RSB, and yes its exactly what I'm looking for as far as scale is concerned, but the problem I see is I cant find an Apollo SpaceCraft to sit on top. FASA is the only mod I've found with an Apollo SpaceCraft that is updated. If someone can point me in the direction of an Apollo Spacecraft of the right scale, I'd appreciate it.

BDB linked in my signature is working in exactly what you want. :wink:

SSTU also has an apollo CSM at the right proportions, but not size (it's only 64% of the actual one), you'd need to rescale it by a factor of 1.5625, but it's only three parts (Service Module, Crew Module and LAS)

EDIT: btw, would it be possible to have the "stool" for the Saturn IB
10076044.jpg
ASTP_Saturn_IB.jpg

and a version for a cargo Saturn?
Skylab%20day%20before%20launch.jpg

Edited by JoseEduardo

3 hours ago, VenomousRequiem said:

BDB linked in my signature is working in exactly what you want. :wink:

I'll loom at both BDB and  RSB as far as the booster is concerned. I'll probably just make it compatible with both.

37 minutes ago, JoseEduardo said:

SSTU also has an apollo CSM at the right proportions, but not size (it's only 64% of the actual one), you'd need to rescale it by a factor of 1.5625, but it's only three parts (Service Module, Crew Module and LAS)

EDIT: btw, would it be possible to have the "stool" for the Saturn IB
10076044.jpg
ASTP_Saturn_IB.jpg

and a version for a cargo Saturn?
Skylab%20day%20before%20launch.jpg

SSTU looks interesting, but it doesn't have the LEM.

Milk-stool was already planned, and a cargo variant should be easy.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, BananaTime101 said:

If you ever get back to doing this pack (I understand IRL things can get in the way) Would there be any chance of a Vandenberg TEL? Thanks.

Vandenberg is a good idea. Lately I've been working on updating the FH tower at 39A based on what was seen at the first real launch with that tower, including making a copy of it for the F9 configuration. Expect to see that soon.

On 1/24/2017 at 8:15 PM, Brainpop14 said:

Could you please update the SpaceDock pages for these towers? That page still has the old versions for 1.1.3

I plan to upload an update soon, few last bug checks and should be good to go!

Just now, sciencepanda said:

Vandenberg is a good idea. Lately I've been working on updating the FH tower at 39A based on what was seen at the first real launch with that tower, including making a copy of it for the F9 configuration. Expect to see that soon.

Awesome! Will you be adding the slight retraction at T-4 Minutes and then the full retraction at liftoff for the 39A TEL? Also thanks for the reply :)

Just now, BananaTime101 said:

Awesome! Will you be adding the slight retraction at T-4 Minutes and then the full retraction at liftoff for the 39A TEL? Also thanks for the reply :)

Already did! The manual button that on other pads would retract the tower all the way now opens the claws and slightly retracts the TEL, with the full retraction occurring at liftoff.

Just now, sciencepanda said:

Already did! The manual button that on other pads would retract the tower all the way now opens the claws and slightly retracts the TEL, with the full retraction occurring at liftoff.

Ahhh right! Thanks again.

I noticed that your mod doesn't support TweakScale. I really like the look of these and wanted to scale them smaller or larger, so I made a TweakScale config for you. I thought you might want to package it with the rest of your mod, so just place  this .cfg in the Science818 folder. I tested it out a bit and it seems to work well.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.