[1.9.x] Launch Towers Pack

sciencepanda

On 12/29/2017 at 10:26 AM, BananaTime101 said:

Any chance of an updated SLC-40? Thanks :)

Now that finals are over and I have some actual free time, I've put some time into remodeling the entire LC40, and I'm happy with the results.

Here's the progress so far:

gDWZMSG.png

So I can see a few questions:

1) Where'd that Dragon come from?

2) That looks done, why haven't you published the update?

Well, the answers are:

1) It's an old project that I've recently brought back to life. I hope to publish that in the near-ish future.

2) See for yourself:

Yeah... That's not supposed to happen...

I'll fix it... I hope.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/4/2018 at 1:17 PM, CocaoGames said:

Im having an issue with the falcon 9 FT there no green thing on it where i can connect the launch tower too.

Make sure you have module manager installed.

2 hours ago, TheBigElon said:

Where can I get that Dragon capsule and trunk at? It isn't the mockup from the Launcher Pack is it?

No, it’s my own mod. I’ve currently got it all set up in game, but I’m waiting on the textures (I’m terrible with photoshop so I usually hand off my textures to someone else).

28 minutes ago, sciencepanda said:

No, it’s my own mod. I’ve currently got it all set up in game, but I’m waiting on the textures (I’m terrible with photoshop so I usually hand off my textures to someone else).

Ah ok. Well when it's done, I'd love to use it for a cinematic involving CRS 15!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
18 hours ago, Natokerbal said:

Is there a way to have this be modified for tweakscale?

1. make a .cfg and place it somewhere in \GameData.
2. insert the following

@PART[39A_pad|FH_pad|1.0_pad|1.1_pad|FT_pad|F1_pad|Vandy_F9|Vandy_Heavy]:NEEDS[TweakScale]
{
    #@TWEAKSCALEBEHAVIOR[Science]/MODULE[TweakScale] { }
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = free
    }
}

3. Cheer!

58 minutes ago, Cheesecake said:

1. make a .cfg and place it somewhere in \GameData.
2. insert the following

@PART[39A_pad|FH_pad|1.0_pad|1.1_pad|FT_pad|F1_pad|Vandy_F9|Vandy_Heavy]:NEEDS[TweakScale]
{
    #@TWEAKSCALEBEHAVIOR[Science]/MODULE[TweakScale] { }
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = free
    }
}

3. Cheer!

It doesn't work for this do I need to put it in a pre made .cfg or do I make a new one and if so what do I name it?

You need to make a new config. Open a texteditor and save it as LaunchTowersTweakScale.cfg or anything else anywhere in GameData. Name of this config can be everything.

Copy the code into this new empty config and save it.
You also need TweakScale.
Now you have in SPH/VAB a slider for adjust the size.

Edited by Cheesecake

• 3 months later...
19 hours ago, Virtualgenius said:

@sciencepanda I too would be very interested in your dragon capsule have you got it finished

So, Dragon is in-game and working really well... or at least it was a few months ago last I tried it. Only delay in publishing it is the fact that I’m not very good with textures and have been waiting on a friend of mine to finish the textures. I’ll make sure to bug him about it.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, alberro+ said:

Since SpaceX pack got split in the latest update, and now has configs for 2.5 meters, could these towers also be rescaled?

Funny you should ask: I did that yesterday! Just a simple patch file to rescale the parts. You can find it here.

1 minute ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

Yes, also works on 1.9.1

Indeed it does. I'll update the header and SpaceDock page.

I'm also looking at reworking the towers in this pack. I've got a few ideas. Unfortunatly I don't currently have access to my original source files, so any rework will have to wait. Starting from scratch just wouldn't make sense.

On 5/18/2020 at 9:25 AM, sciencepanda said:

I'm also looking at reworking the towers in this pack. I've got a few ideas. Unfortunatly I don't currently have access to my original source files, so any rework will have to wait. Starting from scratch just wouldn't make sense.

Good New! I retrieved my files and have started reworking the pads. Here's a little sneak peak:

Spoiler

MCvZdCL.png

cG7lFPZ.png

E2miOeP.png

Hv2lQwS.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.