[1.8.1+][Kopernicus]Kerbol Origins v.0.4.9 - Development Stalled Indefinitely

amarius1

On 7/7/2017 at 6:41 PM, Landscape-Photography said:

Well, thank you very much! I will try this and give a feedback this weekend. :)

edit:

Damn. :(

Problem is the same.

I have deleted the old Kerbol Origins Folder and copy in the new 0.4.7.5.
Kopernicus is version 1.2.2-9

But, thank you very much for your help again. :)

edit2:
I have now testes this Kopernicus versions:
1.2.2-3
1.2.2-5
1.2.2-8
1.2.2-9

Same graphics issue.

At ~100.000m the normally greenlike texture changes to the grey modell with less geometry.
Not sure, where the problem is.

Sorry, that i take your time, but your my last hope to play this great mod with correct graphics. :)

I am so sorry friend... Atm I have no time or hardware to work with. I will try looking for a fix next month when my new rig (first one capable of ksp) comes if ome of my colabs doesn't have any idea.

This is absolutly not a problem. I say thank you for your help. :)
I have activated the thread notification. 

Meanwhile in this time i will continue tests, if the problem is a other mod at my computer. I dont think so, but testing is better as do nothing. :D

Thank you for your help, and take the time you need. :)

If i would found the problem, i will report this in this trhead.

Best greetings :)

2 hours ago, Landscape-Photography said:

This is absolutly not a problem. I say thank you for your help. :)
I have activated the thread notification. 

Meanwhile in this time i will continue tests, if the problem is a other mod at my computer. I dont think so, but testing is better as do nothing. :D

Thank you for your help, and take the time you need. :)

If i would found the problem, i will report this in this trhead.

Best greetings :)

Thank you, friend! I am sorry for the inconvenience and I hope I will be able to take a close look next month when I'm back in town and with a capable computer, for the first time.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2017 at 10:18 AM, Landscape-Photography said:

Thank you very much. Take the time you need, your real life is more important as the mod and my problem. :)

If i found the problem on a other mod on my PC, i will report this.

Hava a nice time :)

Thank you friend! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Two things, only one of which actually matters: For some reason, it's acting like Sarvin is basically Mun in terms of science rewards and timespan for contracts. Like, if I'm supposed to build a base around Sarvin, it tells me the contract expires after 5 years. Is this a glitch, or did I mess up my installation somehow?

Second, Keelon is evil! I flew by there and saw that the horrible surface gravity and the painful atmosphere would make landing and taking off in my spaceplane impossible. Then I saw a contract pop up. Someone was stranded on the surface, a scientist named Raald. The sorrow at the thought of someone dying, abandoned, on that horrible world was too much. My heart grew three sizes that day, and several painful hours followed.

I had a single craft that was able to land and take off from every stock planet with an atmosphere, but not this monster. Keelon is a fantastic challenge. I also like its moon that instakills you if you get too close to lava.

On 7/27/2017 at 5:59 PM, Zero132132 said:

Two things, only one of which actually matters: For some reason, it's acting like Sarvin is basically Mun in terms of science rewards and timespan for contracts. Like, if I'm supposed to build a base around Sarvin, it tells me the contract expires after 5 years. Is this a glitch, or did I mess up my installation somehow?

Second, Keelon is evil! I flew by there and saw that the horrible surface gravity and the painful atmosphere would make landing and taking off in my spaceplane impossible. Then I saw a contract pop up. Someone was stranded on the surface, a scientist named Raald. The sorrow at the thought of someone dying, abandoned, on that horrible world was too much. My heart grew three sizes that day, and several painful hours followed.

I had a single craft that was able to land and take off from every stock planet with an atmosphere, but not this monster. Keelon is a fantastic challenge. I also like its moon that instakills you if you get too close to lava.

1. Contracts are broken as of now. Hold on.

2. Keelon is intended :wink: It's a challenge even landing there :D

7 hours ago, amarius1 said:

1. Contracts are broken as of now. Hold on.

2. Keelon is intended :wink: It's a challenge even landing there :D

Are they all broken? They seem to work for most planetary bodies in the system. If it's related to the 'science value' for any reason, those are all set to 1 for Sarvin, which explains the science rewards being Kerbin tier, I assume. I may or may not mess with the .cfg file to see what happens. If I do, I'll let you know what happens with contract times.

I know Keelon is intended to be a challenge, and it absolutely is, and I love it.

• 3 weeks later...

I've read *most* of this thread, so please forgive me if this is a known issue. It's not even an issue really. Just want to point out that while using scansat, it doesn't list the biome names on the big scansat map. Not game breaking by any means, and I will play this mod to death (didn't realize how bored I was with the original planets til I stuffed this and opm into a new game).

So so other than that, amazing job! *insert Jeb grinning maniacally here*

ANNOUNCEMENT

The days of development for this mod are numbered... I don't have enough money for a new computer and I can no longer run the game and test the mod so development will likely slow down even more. I don't know what to do... I really don't feel like abandoning this great community... Because of my weak hardware I have not played KSP in months... Unless I somehow get crowd founded a new GPU or more RAM, development for this mod will likely stop. 

I am sorry, everyone. I've done my best. I've worked on this mod for the past two years and it has been a very fun project that thought me a lot about the mechanics and inner workings of KSP but I'm afraid the game has gotten far too heavy for my weak specs. I cannot work on a mod without testing everything in-game and without a tiny bit better hardware, I cannot run the game at all. Use the existent donation link if you'd like to help me with buying a new RAM card or perhaps a GPU. 

Thank you unknown user for the one and only donation in my life, four months ago.

I will always remember that one dollar. 

@The White Guardian

@Olympic1

@NovaSilisko

Thank you Nova for the job you have done to the planets of KSP. Your ideas were the reason I started this project two years ago. 

@smokytehbear

@Nils277

If you want to help ... 

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=KE8E3DSP77R5G

Nobody will help but... Yeah... Thank you everyone for everything.

Edited by amarius1

17 hours ago, Black Francis said:

Is anyone able to use this with the latest Kopernicus (1.3.0-5)?

Not working for me!

Kopernicus log:

[LOG 15:46:23]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Failed to load Body: Corolet
[LOG 15:46:23]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Failed to load Body: Faz
[LOG 15:46:27]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Failed to load Body: Keelon
[LOG 15:46:31]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Failed to load Body: Daphy
[LOG 15:46:36]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Failed to load Body: Shayle

At individual planet log, from kopernicus: (code is from:  Keelon.Body.log )

[LOG 15:46:27]: PQSLoader.PostApply(ConfigNode): Added PQS Mod => PQSMod_VertexHeightNoise
[LOG 15:46:27]: Parsing Target buildHeightColors in (Kopernicus.Configuration.ModLoader.VertexPlanet) as (Kopernicus.NumericParser`1[System.Boolean])
[LOG 15:46:27]: Parsing Target colorDeformity in (Kopernicus.Configuration.ModLoader.VertexPlanet) as (Kopernicus.NumericParser`1[System.Double])
[LOG 15:46:27]: Parsing Target ContinentalSimplex in (Kopernicus.Configuration.ModLoader.VertexPlanet) as (Kopernicus.Configuration.ModLoader.VertexPlanet+SimplexWrapper)
[LOG 15:46:27]: Parsing Target deformity in (Kopernicus.Configuration.ModLoader.VertexPlanet+SimplexWrapper) as (Kopernicus.NumericParser`1[System.Double])
[LOG 15:46:27]: Exception Was Recorded: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
  at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Reflection.MonoProperty.SetValue (System.Object obj, System.Object value, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] index, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Reflection.PropertyInfo.SetValue (System.Object obj, System.Object value, System.Object[] index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Kopernicus.Parser.LoadObjectMemberFromConfigurationNode (System.Reflection.MemberInfo member, System.Object o, .ConfigNode node, System.String configName, Boolean getChilds) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Kopernicus.Parser.LoadObjectFromConfigurationNode (System.Object o, .ConfigNode node, System.String configName, Boolean getChilds) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Kopernicus.Parser.LoadObjectMemberFromConfigurationNode (System.Reflection.MemberInfo member, System.Object o, .ConfigNode node, System.String configName, Boolean getChilds) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Kopernicus.Parser.LoadObjectFromConfigurationNode (System.Object o, .ConfigNode node, System.String configName, Boolean getChilds) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Kopernicus.Configuration.PQSLoader.Kopernicus.IParserEventSubscriber.PostApply (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader.Kopernicus.IParserEventSubscriber.PostApply (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
[LOG 15:46:27]: Inner Exception Was Recorded: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Kopernicus.Configuration.ModLoader.VertexPlanet+SimplexWrapper.set_deformity (Kopernicus.NumericParser`1 value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[],System.Exception&)
  at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

PS: Still working with Kopernicus 1.3.0-4 !

Edited by MKellerBR
PS note

@amarius1 Then I shall take this majestic mod under my wing and keep it up-to-date until you can afford a more powerful system. In the words of Mercy: "Heroes never die!"

My computer at home is more than capable of handling anything I throw at it, so keeping Kerbol Origins up to date will be a walk in the park.

I believe that old Dropbox folder is still functional - if you're okay with me maintaining the mod in the meantime, should I download the latest public version and send you updated versions through Dropbox, so you can update the downloads?

Just now, The White Guardian said:

@amarius1 Then I shall take this majestic mod under my wing and keep it up-to-date until you can afford a more powerful system. In the words of Mercy: "Heroes never die!"

My computer at home is more than capable of handling anything I throw at it, so keeping Kerbol Origins up to date will be a walk in the park.

I believe that old Dropbox folder is still functional - if you're okay with me maintaining the mod in the meantime, should I download the latest public version and send you updated versions through Dropbox, so you can update the downloads?

Won't use Dropbox anymore. I'll set up a Google Drive folder. It is more lightweight. 

Thank you man for helping... I will leave you in charge of this mod until my hardware can help me too. I can't afford a more powerful system but adding two more gigs of RAM to the existent 4gb should help I think...

1 hour ago, MKellerBR said:

Not working for me!

Kopernicus log:

[LOG 15:46:23]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Failed to load Body: Corolet
[LOG 15:46:23]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Failed to load Body: Faz
[LOG 15:46:27]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Failed to load Body: Keelon
[LOG 15:46:31]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Failed to load Body: Daphy
[LOG 15:46:36]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Failed to load Body: Shayle

At individual planet log, from kopernicus: (code is from:  Keelon.Body.log )

[LOG 15:46:27]: PQSLoader.PostApply(ConfigNode): Added PQS Mod => PQSMod_VertexHeightNoise
[LOG 15:46:27]: Parsing Target buildHeightColors in (Kopernicus.Configuration.ModLoader.VertexPlanet) as (Kopernicus.NumericParser`1[System.Boolean])
[LOG 15:46:27]: Parsing Target colorDeformity in (Kopernicus.Configuration.ModLoader.VertexPlanet) as (Kopernicus.NumericParser`1[System.Double])
[LOG 15:46:27]: Parsing Target ContinentalSimplex in (Kopernicus.Configuration.ModLoader.VertexPlanet) as (Kopernicus.Configuration.ModLoader.VertexPlanet+SimplexWrapper)
[LOG 15:46:27]: Parsing Target deformity in (Kopernicus.Configuration.ModLoader.VertexPlanet+SimplexWrapper) as (Kopernicus.NumericParser`1[System.Double])
[LOG 15:46:27]: Exception Was Recorded: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
  at System.Reflection.MonoProperty.SetValue (System.Object obj, System.Object value, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] index, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Reflection.PropertyInfo.SetValue (System.Object obj, System.Object value, System.Object[] index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Kopernicus.Configuration.PQSLoader.Kopernicus.IParserEventSubscriber.PostApply (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader.Kopernicus.IParserEventSubscriber.PostApply (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
[LOG 15:46:27]: Inner Exception Was Recorded: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Kopernicus.Configuration.ModLoader.VertexPlanet+SimplexWrapper.set_deformity (Kopernicus.NumericParser`1 value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[],System.Exception&)

PS: Still working with Kopernicus 1.3.0-4 !

This is because some stuff got changed in 1.3.0-5, if @amarius1 gives his go-ahead I'll start working out the problems one by one until the mod works like a charm on the latest version. Thank you for the log files by the way, those are insanely helpful when finding flaws in a planet's code. The log file you provided here, Keelon, for example, shows that KSP has problems loading LandControl.

Just now, The White Guardian said:

This is because some stuff got changed in 1.3.0-5, if @amarius1 gives his go-ahead I'll start working out the problems one by one until the mod works like a charm on the latest version. Thank you for the log files by the way, those are insanely helpful when finding flaws in a planet's code. The log file you provided here, Keelon, for example, shows that KSP has problems loading LandControl.

I give you the go-ahead. You shall have full power over resources. The thread and downloads should still be managed by me so so be sure to message me when you have anything new. I have been out of loop far too long so when hardware comes, I'll have to learn the PQS system again...

1 hour ago, amarius1 said:

ANNOUNCEMENT

The days of development for this mod are numbered... I don't have enough money for a new computer and I can no longer run the game and test the mod so development will likely slow down even more. I don't know what to do... I really don't feel like abandoning this great community... Because of my weak hardware I have not played KSP in months... Unless I somehow get crowd founded a new GPU or more RAM, development for this mod will likely stop. 

I am sorry, everyone. I've done my best. I've worked on this mod for the past two years and it has been a very fun project that thought me a lot about the mechanics and inner workings of KSP but I'm afraid the game has gotten far too heavy for my weak specs. I cannot work on a mod without testing everything in-game and without a tiny bit better hardware, I cannot run the game at all. Use the existent donation link if you'd like to help me with buying a new RAM card or perhaps a GPU. 

Thank you unknown user for the one and only donation in my life, four months ago.

I will always remember that one dollar. 

@The White Guardian

@Olympic1

@NovaSilisko

Thank you Nova for the job you have done to the planets of KSP. Your ideas were the reason I started this project two years ago. 

@smokytehbear

@Nils277

If you want to help ... 

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=KE8E3DSP77R5G

Nobody will help but... Yeah... Thank you everyone for everything.

Thank you random user for your donation. I am one step closer to getting my hardware slowly back in shape. Thank you...

Just now, amarius1 said:

Won't use Dropbox anymore. I'll set up a Google Drive folder. It is more lightweight.

A Google Drive folder? I've uploaded files to GD before, but I've never truly used it like a drag-and-drop system similar to Dropbox. Either way, I'll find a way to get you updated versions.

Just now, amarius1 said:

I can't afford a more powerful system but adding two more gigs of RAM to the existent 4gb should help I think...

Depends entirely on the motherboard. You see, a computer motherboard has a slot for the RAM memory. My computer at home has two slots with the DDR4 format (you can also have DDR3 chips, but DDR4 is better), one of which is used by a Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB DDR4 RAM chip.

There are two ways to update the RAM of your computer.

1: An extra chip. This is the trick I'll be using soon to double the RAM memory of my computer. This method requires an unoccupied RAM slot and a second RAM chip. This RAM chip must be IDENTICAL to the other RAM chip. This procedure will double system memory.

2: A new chip. This is a trick usable for broken RAM chips, or for when you want to go the extra mile. Note that some chips come in 'sets of 2', for example an 8GB chip in a 'set of 2' will actually be 2 chips of 4GB. Keep an eye on the amount of free RAM slots on your motherboard at all times, and remember that, if you purchase a new RAM chip, the DDR type MUST match that of the motherboard or it will not work.

21 minutes ago, The White Guardian said:

A Google Drive folder? I've uploaded files to GD before, but I've never truly used it like a drag-and-drop system similar to Dropbox. Either way, I'll find a way to get you updated versions.

Depends entirely on the motherboard. You see, a computer motherboard has a slot for the RAM memory. My computer at home has two slots with the DDR4 format (you can also have DDR3 chips, but DDR4 is better), one of which is used by a Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB DDR4 RAM chip.

There are two ways to update the RAM of your computer.

1: An extra chip. This is the trick I'll be using soon to double the RAM memory of my computer. This method requires an unoccupied RAM slot and a second RAM chip. This RAM chip must be IDENTICAL to the other RAM chip. This procedure will double system memory.

2: A new chip. This is a trick usable for broken RAM chips, or for when you want to go the extra mile. Note that some chips come in 'sets of 2', for example an 8GB chip in a 'set of 2' will actually be 2 chips of 4GB. Keep an eye on the amount of free RAM slots on your motherboard at all times, and remember that, if you purchase a new RAM chip, the DDR type MUST match that of the motherboard or it will not work.

Yeah I have experience with RAM. I was supposed to get a good ryzen based build this month but there were some issues and I no longer have the money. The motherboard on the potato should have on free slot. I know about dual channel memory. The mobo probably supports ddr3 anyway.

1 hour ago, Black Francis said:

Brass tacks, what kind of a computer are (you) using right now?  Specs?

Forum newbie response time..

Pain in the butt.

The main pc has an AMD A8 6300 cpu and a gt210 gpu paired with 4 gb of ddr3 ram. It runs slow... I'm hoping to remove the gpu and use the better intergrated one and also add a bit of ram for KSP if all goes well with crowdfounding this initiative...

Issue is that it's owned by my familly and my own pc is actually a laptop with core 2 duos 2ghz that I have upgraded to 4 gigs of ram and ssd instead of the old hdd that got fried. It's an 11 year old laptop that is waiting to die...

Potato computers all around :(

1 hour ago, AlliedForth said:

If you are fine with the following RAM contact me, https://pcpartpicker.com/product/zKmLrH/kingston-memory-kvr667d22gr:):funds::prograde:

No... I think that's laptop memory. What I could really use is desktop memmory of ddr3. Prices in my country are inflated anyway but if trough donations I can raise 70$, it is possible to get more ram for the familly shared pc and continue Kerbol Origins development!

Edited by amarius1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.