[1.8.1+][Kopernicus]Kerbol Origins v.0.4.9 - Development Stalled Indefinitely

amarius1

On 05.06.2016 at 6:33 PM, TheWanderer05 said:

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not... but many of the smaller moons such as Faz seem to have much higher gravity than they should for their size. Was this intended or did I do something wrong?

Hmm they aren't supposed to be like that... thanks for exposing the issue as now I can start tweaking the paramiters to be released in a quick hotfix.

On 05.06.2016 at 7:55 PM, saturnsrings said:

What about harvest, valit, pergas, kralus, ganag, and GP4

I'm sorry for those... GP4 won't be added because I have no official info on how would the system look, as all the planets already in the mod are inslired by real SQUAD ideas that god abandoned.  Valit, Pergas, Kralaus and Ganag aould be added in a separate pack as they aren't inspired by SQUAD ideas but they would work good as members of the dwarf planet familly in a separate pack. Harvest is added to the mod, looking nicer than ever.

Progress on other bodies for the next update is still going, as I'm now working on ground scatter and more and better detailed terrain textures. Cheers!

On 04.06.2016 at 7:09 AM, Bloojay said:

I was devastated a few years ago when i learned these weren't going to be officially added, so I just want to say thank you for making these a reality :D

Thank you too for apreciating this. It really means a lot. Development will certainly continue :D

Fun fact: the real Potatus prototyped by NovaSilisko had to be put in a test orbit around Kerbin as there still was no GP2 for it to orbit. I wish I could see hou Potatus really looked... but hey, what KerbolOrigins adds is the closest you'll get to the real thing.

On 6/14/2016 at 7:49 AM, Zachary13 said:

What, if any, mods are compatible with Kerbol Origins?

Are you taking about planet packs? Well any mod should be compatible with this except Kerbol Plus or any of the mods incompatible with Kopernicus.

Edited by amarius1

1 hour ago, amarius1 said:

Are you takming about planet packs? Well any mod should be compatible with this except Kerbol Plus or any of the mos incompatible with Kopernicus.

I was taking about mods like DMagic Orbital Science or SCANSat. Sorry, I should have been more clear.

On 6/15/2016 at 3:42 AM, Zachary13 said:

I was taking about mods like DMagic Orbital Science or SCANSat. Sorry, I should have been more clear.

Yeah. About that.

These mods should work but because science intergration of this planet pack isn't complete, the science instruments will give default text and values. Science is planned for next update 

Edited by amarius1

14 hours ago, amarius1 said:

Yeah. Abiout that.

These mods should work but because science intergration of this planet pack isn't complete, the science instruments will give default text and values. Science is planned for next update 

Ok, I'll just wait until the next update to play with this mod. Probably a good thing anyway, I've been playing KSP a lot lately and need some time to drown myself in Stellaris. Can't wait for the next update! :D

6 hours ago, Zachary13 said:

Ok, I'll just wait until the next update to play with this mod. Probably a good thing anyway, I've been playing KSP a lot lately and need some time to drown myself in Stellaris. Can't wait for the next update! :D

Awesome!

BTW you also play Stellaris! :D 

I found a bug with Fonso:

I built a small test craft to explore Sarvin's moons, and I attempted to land on Fonso, on the flat plains. When I reached an altitude(I don't remember the specific altitude), it appeared that I descended into an invisible layer of the surface a little bit above the actual surface, then every thing went black. Fonso, the skybox, everything disapeared.  The rendering returned to normal when I ascended back up. 

I didn't test the mountain peaks to see if the bug only works at a certain altitude, or at a constant height relative to the surface anywhere. But the glitch happened below the altitude of the nearby mountain peaks.

I knew I took screenshots but for some reason they didn't save.

Thanks for any help

Edited by jeremythebeast

On 6/18/2016 at 3:30 AM, jeremythebeast said:

I found a bug with Fonso:

I built a small test craft to explore Sarvin's moons, and I attempted to land on Fonso, on the flat plains. When I reached an altitude(I don't remember the specific altitude), it appeared that I descended into an invisible layer of the surface a little bit above the actual surface, then every thing went black. Fonso, the skybox, everything disapeared.  The rendering returned to normal when I ascended back up. 

I didn't test the mountain peaks to see if the bug only works at a certain altitude, or at a constant height relative to the surface anywhere. But the glitch happened below the altitude of the nearby mountain peaks.

I knew I took screenshots but for some reason they didn't save.

Thanks for any help

Hmm I'll look into this as teh issue never happened before. While attempting to land, did you happed to go bellow the 0 altitude?

Asking this in here in case you guys know anything about it.  I'm running 3 planet packs , urs included,   but while my Game is running I'm throwing an exception from korpinicous for something to do with an asteroid..    my game is only stable with my current mod build I'm using and I'm trying to further it's stability and less make it less crash and bug prone.   Is this a known exception?   Is it a meaningless one or should I be worried about it?

On 6/21/2016 at 9:54 PM, NemesisBosseret said:

Asking this in here in case you guys know anything about it.  I'm running 3 planet packs , urs included,   but while my Game is running I'm throwing an exception from korpinicous for something to do with an asteroid..    my game is only stable with my current mod build I'm using and I'm trying to further it's stability and less make it less crash and bug prone.   Is this a known exception?   Is it a meaningless one or should I be worried about it?

It is pretty meaningles, but it just clutters the game logs and fills them with unnecessary information. It might cause some slight issues but you shouldn't worry about it. I think it is some old asteroid paramiter I used in Kerbol Origins to create trojans (kinda) following Sarvin, Keelon, Rega and Jool. The paramiter might have got obsolete trought the game (or Kopernicus) updates and the game doesn't know what to do with it.

15 minutes ago, amarius1 said:

It is pretty meaningles, but it just clutters the game logs and fills them with unnecessary information. It might cause some slight issues but you shouldn't worry about it. I think it is some old asteroid paramiter I used in Kerbol Origins to create trojans (kinda) following Sarvin, Keelon, Rega and Jool. The paramiter might have got obsolete trought the game (or Kopernicus) updates and the game doesn't know what to do with it.

Ok cool, was just trying to verify so I'm not hunting non relevant issues.  Thank you.    Do you know by chance if Kopernicus has been updated yet for 1.1.3?  I screwed up and forgot to back up my ksp files so pretty much all my mods are broken.

On 6/23/2016 at 10:13 PM, NemesisBosseret said:

Ok cool, was just trying to verify so I'm not hunting non relevant issues.  Thank you.    Do you know by chance if Kopernicus has been updated yet for 1.1.3?  I screwed up and forgot to back up my ksp files so pretty much all my mods are broken.

Mod updated ^.^ 

25 minutes ago, drtedastro said:

just wanted to say how nice this mod looks.

will any of the planets be getting atmosphere support (clouds and such)?

really looks great, thanks for all of your work.

Cheers.

The moment I finish my last test (ergo Friday next week) I'm getting back to work on E.V.E and career support for K.O. so to answer your question, will the planets be getting atmosphere support? Scatterer, I don't think so because the scatterer tool keeps crashing spectacularly on my computer for no reason at all, but E.V.E clouds, yes, in the next update, I supose.

13 hours ago, supersonicflyingdutchman said:

Small error with the main menu: the kerbals are casting a shadow on the planet behind them...

I'm affraid that's an error with Kopernicus, not Kerbol Origins... I won't be able to fix it.

13 hours ago, supersonicflyingdutchman said:

Small error with the main menu: the kerbals are casting a shadow on the planet behind them...

Personally, I would cut down on the amount of snacks you are sending up with them.

Cheers.

45 minutes ago, drtedastro said:

Personally, I would cut down on the amount of snacks you are sending up with them.

Cheers.

This made me laugh SO hard :D

@amarius1 Once I get the clouds to work on Sarvin, perhaps it'll provide an alternative solution, perhaps the Kerbals won't cast a shadow on the cloud layers.

On 17-6-2016 at 10:06 PM, amarius1 said:

Not yet, but I hope someone does make one. MechJeb should work ok.

I could try to do the calculations, but it'd take a while.

Anyhow, everyone, sneak preview time! Here's what I've been working on:

Aside from clouds ALL Kerbol Origins planets & moons will feature surface dust. (Except Sarvin...)

Edited by The White Guardian

On 29-6-2016 at 9:28 PM, The White Guardian said:

I could try to do the calculations, but it'd take a while.

Anyhow, everyone, sneak preview time! Here's what I've been working on:

Aside from clouds ALL Kerbol Origins planets & moons will feature surface dust. (Except Sarvin...)

Wow, nice work! I especially like the clouds you gave to Fonso.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.